LMO Rejected-Advice needed ASAP

Old Feb 8th 2011, 3:30 am
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LMO Rejected-Advice needed ASAP

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Please don't post people's names on the forum without their permission.

And as an aside, that's exactly what a LMO is for - to protect Canadians jobs. 'Best person for the job' has nothing to do with LMO's, if there is a Canadian that can do the job, of course the LMO won't be granted!
Sorry to break bad news to you both but the name is fiction. It was more a reference point and a touch of humour. Sorry if no one found it funny. Can't please everyone I guess.

As for the "Best Person for the job" thing goes. Well of course it has nothing to do with it. I stated that fact quite clearly (Professional discrimination) but thanks for backing that up. The point, that some seem to have missed, is not about a Canadian that can do the job. It is about an employee that can do it the best. I know that I do not employ substandard staff, regardless of nationality.

Cheers.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 4:49 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roxye3
Sorry to break bad news to you both but the name is fiction. It was more a reference point and a touch of humour. Sorry if no one found it funny. Can't please everyone I guess.

Cheers.
Hilarious
Old Feb 8th 2011, 5:54 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roxye3
The point, that some seem to have missed, is not about a Canadian that can do the job. It is about an employee that can do it the best. I know that I do not employ substandard staff, regardless of nationality.

Cheers.
1) Yes, it is about a Canadian that can do the job. That's exactly what LMO is.
2) No, it is about the Canadian that can do it best, followed by only if absolutely necessary anyone else.
3) It is nothing to do with employing substandard staff. It is about not employing foreign workers in preference to natives. With 100 applicants for a 6 month maternity leave and 30 interviewed, this post clearly attracted a good field of natives to select from.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 6:06 am
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, the element of the LMO which everyone seems to have forgotten is Canada's economy. If someone from abroad can do a better job than a native, then Canada should allow that person in as the business will perform better, and generate more revenue. On a larger scale, the rejection seems very stupid and will cost Canada more in the long run if a sub-standard person, or person who requires more training, is given the role.

Seems like HRSDC are willing to put Canada's international competitiveness on the line to me.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 6:28 pm
Island life at last

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
Actually, the element of the LMO which everyone seems to have forgotten is Canada's economy. If someone from abroad can do a better job than a native, then Canada should allow that person in as the business will perform better, and generate more revenue. On a larger scale, the rejection seems very stupid and will cost Canada more in the long run if a sub-standard person, or person who requires more training, is given the role.

Seems like HRSDC are willing to put Canada's international competitiveness on the line to me.
Oh, come on, CJ - I hardly think the Canadian economy is going to go to Hell in a handbasket in a 6 month maternity leave!
I mentioned the contribution to the economy bit of the forms but again, for a 6 month maternity cover post, how much of a contribution to the long term prosperity of the company can one employee make?
Old Feb 9th 2011, 2:45 am
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

AGREED!
Old Feb 9th 2011, 3:40 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

But I don't think it would go down too well for Canadian nationals to be claiming EI whilst they bring immigrants in. It's all about balance.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 3:55 am
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

I thought this post was hilarious until I saw your timeline. Um, vested interest much?
Old Feb 9th 2011, 3:56 am
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
But I don't think it would go down too well for Canadian nationals to be claiming EI whilst they bring immigrants in. It's all about balance.
Exactly.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
I thought this post was hilarious<snip>
I don't really mind it if people take it as extreme sarcasm or a serious post. At least that way I cover both bases

until I saw your timeline. Um, vested interest much?
Well yes.. being an immigrant I'm going to be pro-immigration.