LMO processing times 2013

Old Mar 20th 2013, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

sinbad23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: LMO processing times 2013

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Which is true, if in fact you are submitting an application 30 days before a TWP expires - but you're not on a TWP, you're on an IEC. Hence why the pros on the forum say that implied status doesn't apply for those in IEC's, as it's not extendable.

They are saying that implied status does apply to the IEC visa as well. I know from this forum that it does not. But why say it does when it doesn't.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 11:49 am
Just Joined

UriR is an unknown quantity at this point

NOC 2174
My future employer applied for LMO almost 4 weeks ago.
LMO arrived BC 3 weeks ago.
Last week got the file number.

Any ideas how much more time to wait since the file number?
Can I check something online with this number we have?

Thanks!
Old Apr 9th 2013, 11:56 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UriR
NOC 2174
My future employer applied for LMO almost 4 weeks ago.
LMO arrived BC 3 weeks ago.
Last week got the file number.

Any ideas how much more time to wait since the file number?
Can I check something online with this number we have?

Thanks!
My understanding is that the average processing time for BC is 10 weeks. I do not believe the NOC and job role would increase the speed. I believe that all LMO's are processed within the same time frame unless it is an acclerated LMO
Old Apr 9th 2013, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
My understanding is that the average processing time for BC is 10 weeks. I do not believe the NOC and job role would increase the speed. I believe that all LMO's are processed within the same time frame unless it is an acclerated LMO
Thanks Mikeypm

Do you know about the "file number"?
Does it mean that the processing just started?
or means we are near closure ?
Old Apr 9th 2013, 12:49 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UriR
Thanks Mikeypm

Do you know about the "file number"?
Does it mean that the processing just started?
or means we are near closure ?
Someone may correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is that the file number really indicates they have it on the system and so it could mean its just been put into the processing pile or it could be halfway. I would say with the HRSDC and CIC have their own logic
Old Apr 9th 2013, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
Someone may correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is that the file number really indicates they have it on the system and so it could mean its just been put into the processing pile or it could be halfway. I would say with the HRSDC and CIC have their own logic
Thanks
Old May 23rd 2013, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

saskaworker is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied by fax on march 1st and I received my file number on monday 4, I still waiting for my lmo today may 23 and this is the week number 12, so I hope get my lmo back this week or next.
Old May 24th 2013, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

charlotte-in-limbo is an unknown quantity at this point

3 months is average wait for LMO but may have increased to due them finishing the AEO scheme. It's a real pain in the arse!
Old May 24th 2013, 3:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charlotte-in-limbo
3 months is average wait for LMO but may have increased to due them finishing the AEO scheme. It's a real pain in the arse!
I doubt it, so few AEO's are applied for compared to LMO's that I can't see it making a real difference to the 200k+ LMO's applied for each year tbh.

Welcome to the forum, good luck with your LMO.
Old May 24th 2013, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

May I ask how you know this? AEO's were a far easier way of getting employees because less red tape. However, HRSDC said to our employer LMO's take average 3 months, generally. This was 5 mths ago. LMO's are a real pain in the arse for employers because they have more hoops to jump through.
Old May 24th 2013, 4:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

May I ask how you know this? AEO's were a far easier way of getting employees because less red tape. However, HRSDC said to our employer LMO's take average 3 months, generally. This was 5 mths ago. LMO's are a real pain in the arse for employers because they have more hoops to jump through.
Yes, LMO's are taking around 12-16 weeks. AEO's are usually much less appealing to employers just because of processing times, waiting 2 years or so for an employee to start work isn't an option for most.

Can't remember the figures off the top of my head but only something like 8k AEO's were applied for in 2012 v 200k+ LMO's granted (so presumably a lot more than that applied for). I just can't see how such a small percentage is going to make a marked difference to LMO processing times personally.
Old May 24th 2013, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

JamesRR is an unknown quantity at this point

Im in Alberta and have received a positive LMO for a low level skilled position in 7 weeks.

Only thing is, my LMO is good for 6 months rather than the 2 years my employer applied for
Old May 27th 2013, 4:09 am
Just Joined

saskaworker is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied for high skilled worker, I going to keep in touch with this forum for give more news about it.

Last edited by saskaworker; May 27th 2013 at 4:12 am.
Old May 27th 2013, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

As we know AEO's are now finished and all candidates have to have an LMO whether perm or temp. under the fsw scheme, and maybe others too.This is more difficult for the employer because he has to prove why a canadian can't be employed over an immigrant. He also has to advertise and interview and prove this to HRSDC. Sure are tightening their immigration rules and can't blame them.
Old May 27th 2013, 12:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

As we know AEO's are now finished and all candidates have to have an LMO whether perm or temp. under the fsw scheme, and maybe others too.
Just to clarify for the sake of anybody reading, there are numerous ways to get a TWP without a LMO, and they would be eligible to apply for FSW even without a LMO.

In addition, other employment based routes to PR such as PNP or CEC don't require a LMO either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.