LMO processing times 2013

Old Feb 13th 2013, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

murphn24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LMO processing times 2013

Hi all,

Has anyone any information how long it is taking Service Canada to process a LMO application in Ontario in 2013 after it has been submitted to them? Any information from people who have just gone through the process would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Old Feb 13th 2013, 6:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LMO processing times 2013

Seems to be about 12-16 weeks at the mo.

HTH.
Old Feb 13th 2013, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

Hopefully not.. That's very slow! I'm under pressure to get it through quicker. Thanks for the reply.

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Seems to be about 12-16 weeks at the mo.

HTH.
Old Feb 13th 2013, 6:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by murphn24
Hopefully not.. That's very slow! I'm under pressure to get it through quicker. Thanks for the reply.
Oh dear. Why the rush?

That is a general guide, some provinces take longer than others (BC seems particularly slow at the moment), hopefully Ontario is quicker for you.

I take it your employer doesn't qualify for the A-LMO program?
Old Feb 13th 2013, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

franfluff is an unknown quantity at this point

yes it sure can take alloooot longer than that, especially when paperwork gets lost over their end! (we are waiting for a LMO in MB) their LMO's are taking a minimum of 12 weeks of what i understood. Good luck! x
Old Feb 14th 2013, 1:00 am
Just Joined

The employer would like me starting as soon as possible. I was thinking more along the lines of 8 weeks and a max of 10.. Will let you know how it goes! Thanks
Old Feb 14th 2013, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

franfluff is an unknown quantity at this point

Our employer also wants my hubby out there asap but that doesnt mean he can speed the LMO process up im afraid, it takes as long as it does... We waited over 25 weeks for the first time then decided we had to resend papers again which they are now processing xx
Old Feb 14th 2013, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

25 weeks sounds like they just messed it up or lost it.. Came across this yesterday (updated Jan 2013): http://www.immigrationnation.ca/file...te%20final.pdf
Old Feb 14th 2013, 4:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

25 weeks sounds like they just messed it up or lost it.. Came across this yesterday (updated Jan 2013): http://www.immigrationnation.ca/file...te%20final.pdf
No, 25 weeks is perfectly normal. We had somebody that other day that had waited 10 months I believe! With so many LMO's being refused at the mo it seems that HRSDC are just being extra careful and taking longer processing applications. There's really no way of knowing how long yours will take, some are as quick as 3 or 4 weeks, others take months and months. Fingers crossed yours will be the former!

The file you've linked to isn't from an official source btw, best to just use the stats and info given by HRSDC and CIC if you want to be sure it's accurate.
Old Feb 15th 2013, 12:13 pm
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of

Hi all,

Has anyone any information how long it is taking Service Canada to process a LMO application in Ontario in 2013 after it has been submitted to them? Any information from people who have just gone through the process would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
It took us 12 weeks almost to the day but that included Christmas and New Year closures.
Old Feb 15th 2013, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

Yeah I know it's not official but I assume they have some basis.. I won't take it as gospel anyway. Why are so many being refused at the moment? I hadn't heard that! My lawyer put together a comprehensive package detailing the extensive recruiting efforts etc so I hope it's all fine. Cheers

No, 25 weeks is perfectly normal. We had somebody that other day that had waited 10 months I believe! With so many LMO's being refused at the mo it seems that HRSDC are just being extra careful and taking longer processing applications. There's really no way of knowing how long yours will take, some are as quick as 3 or 4 weeks, others take months and months. Fingers crossed yours will be the former!

The file you've linked to isn't from an official source btw, best to just use the stats and info given by HRSDC and CIC if you want to be sure it's accurate.
Old Feb 15th 2013, 1:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Yeah I know it's not official but I assume they have some basis.. I won't take it as gospel anyway. Why are so many being refused at the moment? I hadn't heard that! My lawyer put together a comprehensive package detailing the extensive recruiting efforts etc so I hope it's all fine. Cheers
Just because of the economic climate, with so many Canadians out of work. Approx 60,000 less LMO's were approved last year versus 2008 when things were booming.

But if you've got a good case for you needing to do the job and a Canadian not being able to, then you should be fine.

Good luck.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Feb 15th 2013 at 1:34 pm.
Old Feb 15th 2013, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

Hopefully that isn't a factor.. My future employer just wanted the right candidate as the role is kind of specific in terms of what they wanted. They were interested in one Canadian ahead of me and the person said no! Thanks

Just because of the economic climate, with so many Canadians out of work. But if you've got a good case for you needing to do the job and a Canadian not being able to, then you should be fine.

Good luck.
Old Feb 15th 2013, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

Does it ever matter if the salary is a bit on the high side?
Old Feb 15th 2013, 1:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Does it ever matter if the salary is a bit on the high side?
No, that's a good thing - if it's on the low side it's far more likely to be refused. It needs to be average or above using the government figures. What's the NOC code?

If a Canadian was found that could do the job (even if they said no to the offer) then that may not be great news. Have they readvertised since then to see if they can find another Canadian?

Fingers crossed for you, hope you're one of the ones that gets a positive LMO quickly - it does happen!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.