Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Urgent Help Please - Interesting Situation

Urgent Help Please - Interesting Situation

Old Aug 27th 2013, 3:26 am
Just Joined

ConorWarnes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Urgent Help Please - Interesting Situation

Hey there my names Conor and i would like some help.
I am in Canada at the moment with my family, my step dad who is a canadian citizen and family who are permanent residents. I was on the original documents for immigration but i did not do my medical as at the time i did not want to go. I am still a dependant child just, i am homeless in the uk and my work visa has just expired now due to my bone idleness i am struggling as apparently my parents cannot sponsor me as i did not do this medical but i was listed on the original docs. Is there anything else i can do?

Many thanks
Conor
Old Aug 27th 2013, 5:31 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent Help Please - Interesting Situation

Originally Posted by ConorWarnes
Hey there my names Conor and i would like some help.
I am in Canada at the moment with my family, my step dad who is a canadian citizen and family who are permanent residents. I was on the original documents for immigration but i did not do my medical as at the time i did not want to go. I am still a dependant child just, i am homeless in the uk and my work visa has just expired now due to my bone idleness i am struggling as apparently my parents cannot sponsor me as i did not do this medical but i was listed on the original docs. Is there anything else i can do?

Many thanks
Conor
Welcome to BE

You are in a difficult situation to be sure.

As you refused to do your medical, you are no longer counted as a member of the family class and as such your parents can't sponsor you, regardless of the fact that you are still classed as a dependent age wise.

If your work permit has expired you need to quickly apply for restoration of status and change your status to visitor, otherwise you will be here without status and can be made to leave. You could have applied to change to visitor status before your current one ran out.

You can use this form here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ns/visitor.asp and this guide to help you complete it: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...s/5551ETOC.asp

As to where you go from here, that is a difficult one.

You could ask your parents to look into applying for you to remain permanently on humanitarian grounds: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ions/handc.asp but it won't be easy.

When you apply for visitor status you could request 6 months and then apply for an IEC (working holiday permit) when they start again in January, then try and find a company who would be willing to try to get an LMO before your IEC runs out, so you could apply for a temporary work permit (TWP) and then apply for PR in your own right.

Have you worked in the UK at all? What did you do? Do you have any qualifications?

What Province are you living in? I ask because some of them have family member streams.

I think perhaps this is a wake up call to everyone who 'thinks' they don't want to come to Canada ever when they are still teenagers.

you can find a way to remain.