Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Lmia refused! any other route for me.

Lmia refused! any other route for me.

Old Apr 15th 2018, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

TDph is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lmia refused! any other route for me.

Hi all,
Unfortunately I've had my Lmia refused. Not 100% sure why as the guy who was dealing with it is away on holiday. I've been looking at coming over to B.C to sit my red seal plumbing exam in sept. Then I was looking to apply for federal skills trade visa, but even with a red seal cert I only get 343 points on cic tool. which leaves me short to get picked from the pool for express entry. Is there any way to get more points or any other route I could take. I'm 31yrs old, been a plumber for 10yrs, I scored top marks in ILTES, so did my wife, she has a master in English literature but no job experience, we have 2 kids. I've already been approved to challenge the exam.
Thanks for taking the time to read, Id really appreciate any help & advice.
Cheers Tim.
Old Apr 15th 2018, 5:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lmia refused! any other route for me.

Sorry to hear the LMIA has been refused.

But you can still apply under FST, the points threshold is much lower than other EE apps - the last FST draw went down to 241, so you’d have got an ITA.

HTH, good luck.
Old Apr 16th 2018, 2:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TDph
so did my wife, she has a master in English literature but no job experience.
Have you checked your wife's CRS score just in case she scores higher? As said you do stand a chance on FSW although the number of FSW draws a year are limited.
Old Apr 16th 2018, 10:56 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad
Have you checked your wife's CRS score just in case she scores higher? As said you do stand a chance on FSW although the number of FSW draws a year are limited.
OP says she's got no work experience, so I assume wouldn't qualify as a FSW.

Think your second sentence should read 'chance on FST' - I know what you meant but just to clarify for the OP!
Old Apr 16th 2018, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
OP says she's got no work experience, so I assume wouldn't qualify as a FSW.

Think your second sentence should read 'chance on FST' - I know what you meant but just to clarify for the OP!
sorry yes meant FST. Would edit but that option seems to have passed
Old May 15th 2018, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

Magawish has a reputation beyond reputeMagawish has a reputation beyond reputeMagawish has a reputation beyond reputeMagawish has a reputation beyond reputeMagawish has a reputation beyond reputeMagawish has a reputation beyond reputeMagawish has a reputation beyond reputeMagawish has a reputation beyond reputeMagawish has a reputation beyond reputeMagawish has a reputation beyond reputeMagawish has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Tim. I'm currently in Burnaby BC. The company I worked for are looking for plumbers.

Thanks
Old May 15th 2018, 8:23 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Magawish
Hi

Tim. I'm currently in Burnaby BC. The company I worked for are looking for plumbers.

Thanks
Are they eligible to sponsor the OP? He needs a LMIA.
Old May 15th 2018, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

Magawish has a reputation beyond reputeMagawish has a reputation beyond reputeMagawish has a reputation beyond reputeMagawish has a reputation beyond reputeMagawish has a reputation beyond reputeMagawish has a reputation beyond reputeMagawish has a reputation beyond reputeMagawish has a reputation beyond reputeMagawish has a reputation beyond reputeMagawish has a reputation beyond reputeMagawish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Are they eligible to sponsor the OP? He needs a LMIA.

yes they can sponcer with LMIA , they have taken on 2 of my friends from UK within the past 6 months. The company currently have LMIA and are looking for a couple more guys.
Old Jul 9th 2018, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Hi all, sorry for not replying to the thread. For life of me I couldn’t remember my password or manage to reset it! I’m useless I know! I found it on sticky note & logged in straight away. Thanks for all your responses, I really appreciate it.
The Lmia has been refused because the lawyers sent the form to service Canada incomplete. So the plumbing firm sacked them & are currently using a new firm. They’ve just taken over & they’ve got to start again from advertising the job. I’m lucky the firm are still happy to keep going with Lmia. I will keep you updated on the progess.
Cheers Tim.
Old Jul 9th 2018, 10:12 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by TDph
Hi all, sorry for not replying to the thread. For life of me I couldn’t remember my password or manage to reset it! I’m useless I know! I found it on sticky note & logged in straight away. Thanks for all your responses, I really appreciate it.
The Lmia has been refused because the lawyers sent the form to service Canada incomplete. So the plumbing firm sacked them & are currently using a new firm. They’ve just taken over & they’ve got to start again from advertising the job. I’m lucky the firm are still happy to keep going with Lmia. I will keep you updated on the progess.
Cheers Tim.
That's good, but as above you don't need the points as you're scoring enough to apply under FST by quite some way. So personally I'd advise you apply for EE as well, you can have both applications in the pipeline and then that way you've got a back up if the LMIA is refused again, plus would get PR sooner than if you waited for the outcome of the LMIA.

Good luck.
Old Jul 9th 2018, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
That's good, but as above you don't need the points as you're scoring enough to apply under FST by quite some way. So personally I'd advise you apply for EE as well, you can have both applications in the pipeline and then that way you've got a back up if the LMIA is refused again, plus would get PR sooner than if you waited for the outcome of the LMIA.

Good luck.
Thamks for your reply. I will get on to it straight away.
Cheers Tim