LMIA Processing Time?!

Old Aug 28th 2014, 6:17 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LMIA Processing Time?!

Originally Posted by bc_guy
I'd estimate that it's 8 weeks if that's the case. My employer's LMO was rejected and appealed. He got it exactly 8 weeks later after he corrected whatever mistake he made with the first application. But according to him, it wasn't initially rejected because of advertising, but because of something else. If your employer has to re-advertise, I would guess that you wouldn't have to start from scratch, especially if they haven't given your application an outright rejection yet.
What ever time it takes them to process, there will be an additional 4 weeks added on for the advertising requirement before they will look at it again.

Hiring Foreign Workers for Higher-skilled Occupations | ESDC

Old Aug 28th 2014, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
What ever time it takes them to process, there will be an additional 4 weeks added on for the advertising requirement before they will look at it again.

In this case, I guess that an appeal would probably take 12 weeks. It would be 4 weeks for re-advertising and another 8 weeks for the actual appeals process.

But now that I think about it, I don't know the exact date when he sent in that appeal application. All I remember is that one day, I got bad news that his LMO was rejected for some undisclosed reason (which was not because of advertising). Then 6 weeks later, I called him up and he told me that he was already in the process of appealing the decision and that I should call him back in another 2 weeks. After 10 days, he sent me an email indicating that the LMO was approved.

For all I know, he could have sent it in just one week before I followed up or he could have sent it in immediately after receiving the initial rejection. What I noticed is that he immediately put up a new advertisement on the day of the rejection even though his previous advertisement was only a week old. He also mentioned something about having to advertise when he gave me that 2-week prediction. So I'm more inclined to believe that the 8 weeks I waited includes the 4-week re-advertisement period. But just to be on the safe side, I think that kate8kate0 should brace herself for a 12-week wait.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 7:53 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kate8kate0
Ok. I forgot to ask them how long the processing time if the company gets asked to redo their advertising, does the whole thing start from scratch?
Your employer would need to re advertise for 4 weeks minimum and then resubmit the application so possibly 12 weeks with advertising and processing
Old Aug 28th 2014, 8:01 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

In this case, I guess that an appeal would probably take 12 weeks. It would be 4 weeks for re-advertising and another 8 weeks for the actual appeals process.

But now that I think about it, I don't know the exact date when he sent in that appeal application. All I remember is that one day, I got bad news that his LMO was rejected for some undisclosed reason (which was not because of advertising). Then 6 weeks later, I called him up and he told me that he was already in the process of appealing the decision and that I should call him back in another 2 weeks. After 10 days, he sent me an email indicating that the LMO was approved.

For all I know, he could have sent it in just one week before I followed up or he could have sent it in immediately after receiving the initial rejection. What I noticed is that he immediately put up a new advertisement on the day of the rejection even though his previous advertisement was only a week old. He also mentioned something about having to advertise when he gave me that 2-week prediction. So I'm more inclined to believe that the 8 weeks I waited includes the 4-week re-advertisement period. But just to be on the safe side, I think that kate8kate0 should brace herself for a 12-week wait.
I believe they have to continue to advertise while the application is being assessed, which would explain him placing a new advert.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

kate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, that's what I'm thinking, no rejection yet, so I'm thinking that's a good thing yea. But I'm soo worried about the waiting I'm close to tears :-(
Old Aug 29th 2014, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

kate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for this by guy, this is Exactly same for me, not knowing the date they re submitted! But yes I'm looking to 12 week date.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
Your employer would need to re advertise for 4 weeks minimum and then resubmit the application so possibly 12 weeks with advertising and processing
Defo, argh I want to climb the walls!
Old Aug 29th 2014, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Siouxie

Thanks for this, OH is trucking; therefore low skilled, so probs longer! :-(
Old Aug 29th 2014, 1:36 pm

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Defo, argh I want to climb the walls!
Every week that goes by feels like torture

It's labour day weekend this weekend which will slow down service Canada down again
Old Aug 29th 2014, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

It's labour day weekend this weekend which will slow down service Canada down again
Gosh! I can't wait for the moment they come through for us all, I will be so happyX
Old Aug 29th 2014, 3:47 pm

Gosh! I can't wait for the moment they come through for us all, I will be so happyX
I'm going straight to the liquor store for something fizzy when it comes through, good luck Kate
Old Aug 29th 2014, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'm going straight to the liquor store for something fizzy when it comes through, good luck Kate

Hehe Same! You too mikey! We'll get there:-) xx

Last edited by kate8kate0; Aug 29th 2014 at 4:16 pm.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 11:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond repute

I will order a large Panago Pizza with all sorts of toppings when I land in BC. Yes, Service Canada is still taking long to simply add a name to an LMO. It's been over a month already.
Old Aug 30th 2014, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

I will order a large Panago Pizza with all sorts of toppings when I land in BC. Yes, Service Canada is still taking long to simply add a name to an LMO. It's been over a month already.
I will scream with joy, I will feel like I've won the lottery! :-)
Old Aug 30th 2014, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

dishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck, guys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.