Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Completing medical within Canada > Where should docs be sent?

Completing medical within Canada > Where should docs be sent?

Old Apr 17th 2012, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

stegs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Completing medical within Canada > Where should docs be sent?

Hi, long time lurker, first time poster here!

So we finally received our long awaited request for medicals and right of PR fee, but now I have a question.

Within the pack we received from London visa office, it clearly states that all medical docs should be sent directly to the UK office. However, when speaking with a DMP here in Toronto they have advised that all documents will be sent to Ottawa and then forwarded on to London.

Is this correct? Or do I need to ensure they are sent directly to London?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Apr 17th 2012, 3:31 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Completing medical within Canada > Where should docs be sent?

Ever recurring question. The DMPs in Canada will send the medical documents to Ottawa where they will be assessed and the visa office notified. So, do not worry.
Old Apr 17th 2012, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

stegs is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Jim!
Old Apr 17th 2012, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

dan09uk is an unknown quantity at this point

hi,

I am going for my Medical in Toronto next Tuesday. I asked what form they wanted me to bring and they said the Section A form?

Which form is this?

The only form I could find for the Medical was Appendix C.

I'm applying to be sponsored by my common law partner from outside of Canada.
Old Apr 17th 2012, 5:12 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

The DMP will have needed forms. Check the guide for spouses on the CIC's website.
Old Apr 17th 2012, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dan09uk
hi,

I am going for my Medical in Toronto next Tuesday. I asked what form they wanted me to bring and they said the Section A form?

Which form is this?

The only form I could find for the Medical was Appendix C.

I'm applying to be sponsored by my common law partner from outside of Canada.
Hi, who did you pick for your DMP if you don't mind me asking? I have one to recommend and he's the cheapest I could find, came to $148 in total for everything if your interested
Old Apr 17th 2012, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

dan09uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chrisbrockhurst
Hi, who did you pick for your DMP if you don't mind me asking? I have one to recommend and he's the cheapest I could find, came to $148 in total for everything if your interested
thank you @Jim Humphries

I went for Dr Lee Randall T, 2901 Lawernce Avenue East.

I phoned around the ones in the Toronto area, most of them had their next available appointment around mid May so I just selected one that I can get an appointment with asap.

Which one would you recommend ?