Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Live & Work for 1 Year - What Visa is Needed ?

Live & Work for 1 Year - What Visa is Needed ?

Old Feb 22nd 2017, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

Mrgayle80 has a reputation beyond reputeMrgayle80 has a reputation beyond reputeMrgayle80 has a reputation beyond reputeMrgayle80 has a reputation beyond reputeMrgayle80 has a reputation beyond reputeMrgayle80 has a reputation beyond reputeMrgayle80 has a reputation beyond reputeMrgayle80 has a reputation beyond reputeMrgayle80 has a reputation beyond reputeMrgayle80 has a reputation beyond reputeMrgayle80 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Live & Work for 1 Year - What Visa is Needed ?

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
There is but they are very much a 'you have to be in it to win it' thing a lot of the time and I don't think the ones that require EE pre-registration are an option for you because of your low CRS score. SINP is one of the exceptions and for that reason gets smashed every time it opens (it re-opened last week and was filled in less than 24 hours). For IT PNP's also tend to be for the more rural provinces where your job prospects will be limited if you lose or decide to leave your first job for any reason so that's something to keep in mind.

The good news is that once you get there the world can be your oyster. My IT certifications never accounted for much in the UK but in Toronto employers seemed to be really interested in them it isn't unknown for some Canadian recruiters to ignore anyone who doesn't have at least A+ or 1 MCP.
Ill def look more into the SNIP route then, as seems a way in.

I'm surprised your certs didn't do much for you in UK, what ones do you have may I ask.

I recently just passed my 70-347, so I am certified O365 engineer now.

Planning to get to AWS next.
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 9:23 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Live & Work for 1 Year - What Visa is Needed ?

Originally Posted by Mrgayle80
Ill def look more into the SNIP route then, as seems a way in.

I'm surprised your certs didn't do much for you in UK, what ones do you have may I ask.

I recently just passed my 70-347, so I am certified O365 engineer now.

Planning to get to AWS next.
I have A+ and an MCSA. I gave up on them after that though and opted to do a CompSci degree instead. Certifications and me don't really get on all that well.