Life in the world of immigration

Old Jul 18th 2015, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

newlife_canada is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Life in the world of immigration

Could my life get any worse?

In the the world of poverty and war, probably yes!
If the world of immigration no!

So after originally making the decision to emigrate 2 years ago here is my rollacoster..... Signed up with send wildy immigration in February 2014.
Did a Reece trip in April 2014 with the view to apply for Nova Scotia nomination.
They dat after we landed nomination closed! Still we got to meet lovely people (who have now become really good friends, got a taste of how our life could be....open bank accounts, view houses did lots of networking for work. At the end of our trip and a couple of interviews later my husband was offered a job as a hgv driver. and the company were going to apply for LMIA.

Returned to the UK put the house on the market etc. recieved offer on the house November 2014 the same day recieved an email from trucking company to day retract the job offer

So we pick our selves up decide to sell the house anyway we the view that we will get there eventually. So start the process of ielts tests, Icas reports etc.

Then to plan B, apply for nominee when it opens in January 2015. All paperwork complete and ready to submit..... For th n said immigration company to not submit our application until the 5th February?.. And then close taking a lot of our money with him!

So now nearly 5 months later our application is still waiting to be assessed for completeness before it goes for processing ( so not even been looked at yet). When calling them for an update this week I was told that they have nearly filled the 350 quota and will be making the decision to close the stream.meaning there is a good chance our application will be sent back

What do we do now? Losing hope on a dream that we have wanted for over 5 years.

Any views or advise will be greatly appreciated....keep the dream alive

Moan over! Thank you in advise for taking the time to read my post.

Last edited by newlife_canada; Jul 18th 2015 at 1:27 pm.
Old Jul 18th 2015, 1:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Life in the world of immigration

Originally Posted by newlife_canada
So now nearly 5 months later our application is still waiting to be assessed for completeness before it goes for processing ( so not even been looked at yet). When calling them for an update this week I was told that they have nearly filled the 350 quota and will be making the decision to close the stream.meaning there is a good chance our application will be sent back
What stream have you applied under? When was your application actually received?
Old Jul 18th 2015, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

Hello christmasooompa,

We applied under the Nova Scotia express entry demand nominee stream. Pilot stream that opened 1st January. Mr wildy had told us he hand delivered our application on the 4th February however they have dated stamped it the 5th.

I have also completed a express entry profile with the CIC but only have 320 points, was hoping to get nominee as that would give us another 600.

Since applying though I have completed my management and leadership degree. So was thinking of getting that assessed by wes, to see if it would give us more points
Old Jul 18th 2015, 4:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

We applied under the Nova Scotia express entry demand nominee stream. Pilot stream that opened 1st January. Mr wildy had told us he hand delivered our application on the 4th February however they have dated stamped it the 5th.
But which stream under the EE? Demand/Experience etc? Who was the principal applicant, presumably you were if your husband is a trucker?

It's just really odd that it's taken so long, are you sure your application hasn't been looked at yet - how do you know that?

Sorry for all the questions, but if you can give some more info then hopefully somebody can help with why you've still not heard yet.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jul 18th 2015 at 4:45 pm.
Old Jul 18th 2015, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

Don't worry ask away
Demand stream, I was the main applicant under the financial analysts NOC code.
Yeah sure it hasn't been looked at as they are currently processing applications received on the 30th of January..... I know this as I contacted the NSNP office in Halifax. When I called them 6 weeks ago they were processing the 28th January. So nearly 6 weeks to process 2 days of applications. Arrrgghhhh
Old Jul 20th 2015, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

Well I finally recieved confirmation today from nsoi that our application has been assessed for completeness and has gone for processing
Old Jul 21st 2015, 2:34 am
BE Enthusiast

dishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic, good to hear and sorry to hear of all the stress, it's not an easy route either is it? Good luck for the remainder of the immigration adventure!
Old Jul 21st 2015, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you dishwashing! ( love the name by the way)

So now I have some questions to ask as I am getting confused ( not hard at the minute)
We had been originally told that once we recieve nominee that we could land in Nova Scotia and get a open work permit? Now I'm not sure we can?
Also if nominated through the demand express entry we have 60 days to apply? What happens if we apply for PR while still in the UK, then fly over ( with nominee) while we wait for PR. Is that possible?

Has anyone landed with nominee in Nova Scotia, with no job offer or LMIA exempt and got an open work permit?

All experiences and advise greatly appreciated
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

confused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you dishwashing! ( love the name by the way)

So now I have some questions to ask as I am getting confused ( not hard at the minute)
We had been originally told that once we recieve nominee that we could land in Nova Scotia and get a open work permit? Now I'm not sure we can?
Also if nominated through the demand express entry we have 60 days to apply? What happens if we apply for PR while still in the UK, then fly over ( with nominee) while we wait for PR. Is that possible?

Has anyone landed with nominee in Nova Scotia, with no job offer or LMIA exempt and got an open work permit?

All experiences and advise greatly appreciated
I think you can still land in NS with just a nomination but if memory serves me right the principal applicant needs to have a job offer as well, but nomination makes you LMIA exempt. This stuff changes quite frequently though & I can't seem to find any info on it so I may not be right.

Why not wait for PR just to be safe? Ours last year only took 6months after we put our application in.