Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Level 2 Diploma(NVQ)? Worth points?

Level 2 Diploma(NVQ)? Worth points?

Old Dec 13th 2017, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

TerryLambe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Level 2 Diploma(NVQ)? Worth points?

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
277 points should be ok (have you checked the CIC website to see the points levels of all previous FST draws?), but why not maximise your points to give yourself the best chance? Remember that your points will drop with age, so if you don't get selected before your next birthday you'll lose more points, might be worth getting the ECA so that you have more points as a buffer?

Even just secondary education for both you and your wife would be worth about 30 points iirc, so worth doing IMO.
I didn’t sit all of my exams, so will it still be worth it, will I definitely get 30 points?
Old Dec 13th 2017, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

TerryLambe is an unknown quantity at this point

Also when I search for the LMIA application all I find is one for temporary workers. Is that the corrrect one for me??

Thank you
Old Dec 13th 2017, 4:43 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TerryLambe
Also when I search for the LMIA application all I find is one for temporary workers. Is that the corrrect one for me??

Thank you
There is only one LMIA application. The purpose of the application is not the entry permit the individual is seeking, CIC have nothing to do with it. It processed by ESDC to determine whether the employer has a justifiable reason to hire a foreign worker. They will then either approve it or deny it if the correct procedures have not been followed, they determine there are sufficient Canadians able to do the job.
Old Dec 13th 2017, 5:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I didn’t sit all of my exams, so will it still be worth it, will I definitely get 30 points?
I've no idea, if you completed secondary education, and your wife did, then yes, it'll be 30 points. More if she has post-secondary education. The cost of the ECA's are a drop in the ocean when it comes to the cost of emigration, so personally I'd apply to have those extra points, but your call.

Thank you
Yes, you will be a temp worker, moving over on a Temporary Work Permit. PR will come later down the line.