Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Level 2 Diploma(NVQ)? Worth points?

Level 2 Diploma(NVQ)? Worth points?

Old Dec 10th 2017, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

TerryLambe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Level 2 Diploma(NVQ)? Worth points?

So do you think I might be eligible under that category? Iv told the employer I will pay for the LMIA, so don’t want to waste my money unnecessarily

Thanks
Old Dec 10th 2017, 6:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TerryLambe
I think I fit into that category, I have emailed the people who work at NOC but they said they do not give advice, you have to apply and see what happens,

I has worried me that I won’t qualify, but I don’t know how to tell 100%
Do you do at least 50% of the duties listed under that NOC code as part of your daily job? And the criteria in the opening paragraph under the NOC code? That's what you'll have to prove to qualify under that particular NOC code. If you do, then you should be fine to claim that NOC code.
Old Dec 10th 2017, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Yes more than 50%, I wasn’t sure if you had to own your own fencing company as it say ‘fence contractor?
Some of the others trades have for example brick laying contractor and brick laying supervisor.?
Fencing only has the one?
Old Dec 10th 2017, 9:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

So do you think I might be eligible under that category? Iv told the employer I will pay for the LMIA, so don’t want to waste my money unnecessarily

Thanks
You can't pay for the LMIA, the employer has to (as well as the associated costs, i.e. advertising and your return airfare if needed).
Old Dec 10th 2017, 9:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Yes more than 50%, I wasn’t sure if you had to own your own fencing company as it say ‘fence contractor?
Some of the others trades have for example brick laying contractor and brick laying supervisor.?
Fencing only has the one?
It doesn't, there are two options - NOC 7205 and NOC 7441, depending on if you're a supervisor or not.

So do look at both to see which fits best.

HTH.
Old Dec 10th 2017, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

I have been a supervisor for the last 3 years, been fencing for 13 years, do most of the listed activity’s in 7205, I’m sure I fit this noc unless I have to own my own company?
Old Dec 12th 2017, 9:35 am
SUPER MODERATOR

I have been a supervisor for the last 3 years, been fencing for 13 years, do most of the listed activity’s in 7205, I’m sure I fit this noc unless I have to own my own company?
No, you don't - as per the NOC description.
Old Dec 12th 2017, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
No, you don't - as per the NOC description.
Ok thank you Christmas, I will apply then and see what happens 👍🏻👍🏻
Old Dec 12th 2017, 10:37 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Ok thank you Christmas, I will apply then and see what happens 👍🏻👍🏻
Apply for?? You can't apply for PR yet - as stated above, you need either a job offer/LMIA, or provincial certification first. So one step at a time!

HTH.
Old Dec 12th 2017, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, the employer is starting the LMIA so if I get that I will apply for express Entry under 7205 👍🏻👍🏻
Old Dec 12th 2017, 3:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Yes, the employer is starting the LMIA so if I get that I will apply for express Entry under 7205 � ����� ����� ����� ����
Perfect! Don't forget to get your IELTS and ECA sorted too if you haven't already, you can get those done whilst you're waiting for the LMIA so you're ready to apply as soon as you have it.

And I'm assuming you've told the employer they have to pay for the LMIA after all, but do make sure they do - it's illegal for them to try and get the money from you, so you don't want to risk it being rejected for that reason.

Best of luck.
Old Dec 12th 2017, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

Perfect! Don't forget to get your IELTS and ECA sorted too if you haven't already, you can get those done whilst you're waiting for the LMIA so you're ready to apply as soon as you have it.

And I'm assuming you've told the employer they have to pay for the LMIA after all, but do make sure they do - it's illegal for them to try and get the money from you, so you don't want to risk it being rejected for that reason.

Best of luck.
I done the CELPIP language test whist I was in Toronto in June, what is a ECA?
I’m speaking to the employer tonight, I offered to pay for the LMIA as I originally approached him about the job but I’m sure it won’t be a problem him paying

I really appreciate your help and I’m sure there will be more questions I need answering as some point.
Thank you
Old Dec 12th 2017, 4:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I done the CELPIP language test whist I was in Toronto in June, what is a ECA?
ECA - Education Credential Assessment. It's not mandatory for FST apps, but you won't get any points for education without it, and as your points are fairly low you should definitely get it.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-assessed.html

HTH.
Old Dec 12th 2017, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

ECA - Education Credential Assessment. It's not mandatory for FST apps, but you won't get any points for education without it, and as your points are fairly low you should definitely get it.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-assessed.html

HTH.
I have looked into the ECA but have found it very confusing, I don’t think my education would be worth anything? I would like extra point,
Someone told me on here 277 points will be fine??
Old Dec 12th 2017, 4:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I have looked into the ECA but have found it very confusing, I don’t think my education would be worth anything? I would like extra point,
Someone told me on here 277 points will be fine??
277 points should be ok (have you checked the CIC website to see the points levels of all previous FST draws?), but why not maximise your points to give yourself the best chance? Remember that your points will drop with age, so if you don't get selected before your next birthday you'll lose more points, might be worth getting the ECA so that you have more points as a buffer?

Even just secondary education for both you and your wife would be worth about 30 points iirc, so worth doing IMO.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.