Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Leaving uk army and joining Canadian forces

Leaving uk army and joining Canadian forces

Old Feb 20th 2017, 10:29 pm
Just Joined

Dimples2412 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Leaving uk army and joining Canadian forces

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
Yes - we came over on TWP- whether they get good schooling is another matter !
How do we go about this please? Did I read that it was Toronto region you went too?
Old Feb 21st 2017, 4:33 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dimples2412
How do we go about this please? Did I read that it was Toronto region you went too?
We actually went to BC
This is helpful- http://britishexpats.com/forum/canad...p-visa-876442/
I think that it should read Temporary Work permit rather than Temporary visa
I will leave the expert advice to be given by the likes of Christmasoompa, Siouxie and Snowy who are much better people to advise you

Last edited by Stinkypup; Feb 21st 2017 at 4:36 am.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 9:21 am
Just Joined

We actually went to BC
This is helpful- http://britishexpats.com/forum/canad...p-visa-876442/
I think that it should read Temporary Work permit rather than Temporary visa
I will leave the expert advice to be given by the likes of Christmasoompa, Siouxie and Snowy who are much better people to advise you
Thank you, are yous enjoying it? Did the kids settle ok?
Old Feb 21st 2017, 3:29 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, are yous enjoying it? Did the kids settle ok?
Yes, we have no regrets. The kids love the place and have settled in really well
Old Feb 21st 2017, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

Yes, we have no regrets. The kids love the place and have settled in really well
Amazing! Do yous have PR now? Where did you find the job to get TWP if you don't mind me asking please?
Old Feb 21st 2017, 8:29 pm
I need a walk

Amazing! Do yous have PR now? Where did you find the job to get TWP if you don't mind me asking please?
Yes to the first and re the second we are family physicians so were fortunate to pick and choose our destination. There was stability in the job which helped and we had BC PNP to aid us in getting PR, one doesnt always have that clear cut route.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

Yes to the first and re the second we are family physicians so were fortunate to pick and choose our destination. There was stability in the job which helped and we had BC PNP to aid us in getting PR, one doesnt always have that clear cut route.
Ahhh ok that's fabulous! Do you have any idea where we could look for job openings with TWP?
Old Feb 21st 2017, 8:58 pm
I need a walk

Ahhh ok that's fabulous! Do you have any idea where we could look for job openings with TWP?
Sadly not- TWP with the necessary LMIAs are sadly getting harder and harder to get. Good luck on your quest.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 10:00 pm
Just Joined

Sadly not- TWP with the necessary LMIAs are sadly getting harder and harder to get. Good luck on your quest.
Canadian forces is his first choice but it's always good to explore a back up thank you for all the info we really appreciate it