Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Leaving and Re-Entering Canada on a WHV

Leaving and Re-Entering Canada on a WHV

Old Feb 7th 2011, 1:49 am
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Leaving and Re-Entering Canada on a WHV

I cant find any information on this in the forum, wiki or internet. Currently in Canada on the WHV and have passed 1st stage of the IEC.

Going to Cuba in a couple of weeks and probably should of checked this before I booked but am I going to be OK getting back into Canada when I return from Cuba? My Visa is until the 24th August and I have a flight booked on the 14th April to return back to the UK - either going to change this or just not use it, havnt decided yet!

Any help/advice would be much appreciated!
Old Feb 7th 2011, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

Duckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really niceDuckman is just really nice
Default Re: Leaving and Re-Entering Canada on a WHV

Assuming WHV = Working Holiday Visa and IEC = Independent Economic Class.. I've been in and out of Canada several times while here on a WHP (Working Holiday Program) work permit, with no problems.

When it was issued, I asked about the "Not valid for re-entry" annotation on mine, and was told that meant it was not a travel document, meaning you can't use it by itself to get into Canada.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 6:02 am
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leaving and Re-Entering Canada on a WHV

Originally Posted by chrisbrockhurst
I cant find any information on this in the forum, wiki or internet. Currently in Canada on the WHV and have passed 1st stage of the IEC.

Going to Cuba in a couple of weeks and probably should of checked this before I booked but am I going to be OK getting back into Canada when I return from Cuba? My Visa is until the 24th August and I have a flight booked on the 14th April to return back to the UK - either going to change this or just not use it, havnt decided yet!

Any help/advice would be much appreciated!
you wont have any problems