Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

at least two statutory declarations, or not?

at least two statutory declarations, or not?

Old Aug 22nd 2007, 5:03 am
Just Joined

dandersen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default at least two statutory declarations, or not?

I'd first like to thank this board for all the help I've aquired from it.

I'm having a difficulting figuring which line of my thinking to follow. I'm an Outside spousal class application. On the USA specific document checklist is the statement below. One line of my thinking says that each paragraph is a different choice, and that I should choose one of them, the one that applies to me. In that case, I'd choose the 2nd choice and include photos, letters, bills, etc. and that the third choice only applies to a spouse of the applicant. The 2nd line of thinking says that since I am a spouse that both the 3rd paragraph and the 2nd apply and in that case I'd need to include "at least two statutory declarations from individuals with personal knowledge of your relationship supporting your claim that the relationship is genuine and continuing. "

If anyone has any insight I'd appreciate to hear from you. Thanks.

9 PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP TO SPONSOR
If you are being sponsored by your parent, you must provide proof of the relationship such as birth certificates, baptismal certificates or other official document naming your parents. If you are being sponsored by your son or daughter, provide a copy of your sponsor’s birth certificate/family census register.

If you are being sponsored by your spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner, you must send evidence of the relationship between you and your sponsor such as wedding photos or proof that you are partners, letters between you and your sponsor, and telephone bills showing contact between you and your sponsor. Note: Photos must be loose. Do not send them in binders, albums, frames or other such containers. Do not send video discs or video cassettes. Do not send musical greeting cards or other similar documents containing electronic or mechanical devices. Proof of your sponsor’s visits such as airline ticket coupons, boarding passes, copies of pages of your sponsor's passport showing entry/exit stamps.

If you are a common-law or conjugal partner, provide evidence that your relationship is genuine and continuing and has existed for at least 12 months prior to your application. Also provide details of the history of your relationship and at least two statutory declarations from individuals with personal knowledge of your relationship supporting your claim that the relationship is genuine and continuing.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

DjSap is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: at least two statutory declarations, or not?

Yes you need 2 of them.

One thing I'm trying to find is a template for doing this, I remember seeing it here but can't find it anymore.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

valernelaverne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do the statements from UK App. and Au sponsor need witnessing?

Hello all,

The time has come after a 5 year long-distance relationship with 403 days of defacton living together time, that we need to submit our Statements. I understand that mine can be on ordinary writing paper, but does it need to have my signature author and date witnessed?

Also, does my Au partner need to complete on which one, plain paper or stat dec. Perhaps, I am being very picky, but I find the instructions on Form 1127, page 39 a tiny bit ambiguous. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Keep the Oz faith