The last hurdle!

Old Jun 25th 2017, 7:22 am
Just Joined

RyanC741 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The last hurdle!

Hi there!

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with modifying info after being invited to apply for PR, I'm really not sure which angle to take...

I have recently been nominated for BCPNP so I was awarded the 600 extra points and now I have now been invited to apply for PR. The issue is my BCPNP application is based on NOC code 6221 as that is the code that I have the relevant 2 years experience for, however the code I am now currently working in has a higher value NOC code - 0601, and that is the NOC code that is showing on my express entry profile!

The Express entry profile looks like it is now locked so I am unable to change it, It has both the 6221 and 0601 listed on there, However with the PR application I am able to update the information as I have not finalized and sent it yet, should I change the 0601 back to the 6221 on the PR app? Or does the PR app need to match perfectly the express entry profile which is locked? (both NOC codes are with the same employer) I also have some work history that was included in the express entry profile that I didn't receive any points from, am I allowed to delete those from the PR app? (as I am unable to get letters and they didn't give me any points)

Would very much appreciate some insight if possible
All the best,
Old Jun 26th 2017, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The last hurdle!

Originally Posted by RyanC741
Hi there!

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with modifying info after being invited to apply for PR, I'm really not sure which angle to take...

I have recently been nominated for BCPNP so I was awarded the 600 extra points and now I have now been invited to apply for PR. The issue is my BCPNP application is based on NOC code 6221 as that is the code that I have the relevant 2 years experience for, however the code I am now currently working in has a higher value NOC code - 0601, and that is the NOC code that is showing on my express entry profile!

The Express entry profile looks like it is now locked so I am unable to change it, It has both the 6221 and 0601 listed on there, However with the PR application I am able to update the information as I have not finalized and sent it yet, should I change the 0601 back to the 6221 on the PR app? Or does the PR app need to match perfectly the express entry profile which is locked? (both NOC codes are with the same employer) I also have some work history that was included in the express entry profile that I didn't receive any points from, am I allowed to delete those from the PR app? (as I am unable to get letters and they didn't give me any points)

Would very much appreciate some insight if possible
All the best,
Not sure on part one of your question but for the second part yes. If you have work experience that it not generating any points you can list it in the personal history of the PR application and not the work experience section. This way the system will not generate an upload requirement for a letter.
Old Jun 26th 2017, 4:58 pm
Just Joined

Thank you! I will delete the unrelevant work experience.

Yes I'm not sure if I'm allowed to edit the PR application NOC codes after the Express Entry profile is locked or if they both need to match perfectly, it is a bit of a tough situation! The reason it is like that is I had the BCPNP officer call me and downgrade my NOC from 0601 - 6221 as that is where most of my experience is.

Thanks again Engineer!
If anyone else maybe knows anything I would love to hear it,

Thanks guys, and enjoy the sun today!
Old Jun 26th 2017, 8:38 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RyanC741
Thank you! I will delete the unrelevant work experience.

Yes I'm not sure if I'm allowed to edit the PR application NOC codes after the Express Entry profile is locked or if they both need to match perfectly, it is a bit of a tough situation! The reason it is like that is I had the BCPNP officer call me and downgrade my NOC from 0601 - 6221 as that is where most of my experience is.

Thanks again Engineer!
If anyone else maybe knows anything I would love to hear it,

Thanks guys, and enjoy the sun today!
Do make sure you add what you are deleting from your work history to your personal history page - there can be no gaps!

Old Jun 26th 2017, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Siouxie!
I wasn't sure if you were are allowed to modify anything on the PR application once the express entry profile has been locked out. I thought they would both need to match perfectly?

Thank you,