Landing via Montreal

Old Mar 21st 2008, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

richmag69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Landing via Montreal

Could anyone tell me who has flown the Zoom Gatwick - Toronto via Montreal flight whether you get off the plane at Montreal?
And when Landing I believe you are supposed to Land at your first point of entry to Canada (and preferably not in Quebec)- would this be a problem if I didn't leave the plane in Montreal and then officially landed in Toronto or would questions be asked as to why I didn't Land in Montreal? If I have to get off at Montreal and Land there would not be enough time to then continue to Toronto on the same flight so I would rather not have to do this.
Thanks for any info.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landing via Montreal

Originally Posted by richmag69
Could anyone tell me who has flown the Zoom Gatwick - Toronto via Montreal flight whether you get off the plane at Montreal?
And when Landing I believe you are supposed to Land at your first point of entry to Canada (and preferably not in Quebec)- would this be a problem if I didn't leave the plane in Montreal and then officially landed in Toronto or would questions be asked as to why I didn't Land in Montreal? If I have to get off at Montreal and Land there would not be enough time to then continue to Toronto on the same flight so I would rather not have to do this.
Thanks for any info.
More than likely they will tell passengers going on to Toronto to remain seated. You can't land in Montreal if they won't allow you off the plane. FWIW I've flown Zoom to Toronto and the plane was going on to Vancouver and the people going to Vancouver had to stay on the plane.

Hopefully someone else can confirm what the procedure is on the route you are taking.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

ptomlin01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Landing via Montreal

Hi,

You will stay on the plane.

I flew the same flight last month, only I was going to Montreal.

The pilot asked everyone going on to Toronto to remain in their seats.

I flew the same flight back and the young man in the next seat to me had got on at Toronto, heading for Gatwick and they did not get off at Montreal either.

Incidentally, the Zoom flights I have used have been excellent. I thought I heard somewhere that they are part of Air Canada, it wouldn't surprise me as the plane, service and food was good