Job Offer Advice

Old Dec 5th 2017, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

6scottishbarrons is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job Offer Advice

Hi all

Just looking at options to potentially boost my points when we get that far. I'm currently working as a Personal Assistant and work remotely from home.

There are various Canadian companies who employ Virtual Executive Assistants (job spec is almost identical to mine). If I was to seek a job now with one of these companies and was successful - would this constitute a job offer / current job to get me further points? Initially I would obviously be working remotely from the UK but with the view to continuing work for them if/when I move to Canada.

I suppose it comes down to whether I need to be resident in Canada working for a Canadian employer or whether a remote working job for a Canadian company counts?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old Dec 5th 2017, 8:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job Offer Advice

A remote job won't count, no. To get the LMIA (and therefore the 50 points), the company must prove that they've advertised the job and been unable to find a Canadian willing, and able, to do the job. The LMIA is to prove there is a labour need in Canada for you & your skills, so the job must be based in Canada.

HTH.
Old Dec 5th 2017, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

6scottishbarrons is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job Offer Advice

I did think it might not work but thought it was worth checking with you guys that know more than me. One to look at when (hopefully) we get out there.

Thanks for the quick response christmasoompa, much appreciated.