International Experience Canada

Old Jan 18th 2011, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by alistairsmith148
the proof of address is asked for in the ACPO police check
Anybody know how recent the acpo police check has to be? I have a spare left over from my bunac visa application last year and as im in Canada already it would be much easier for me to just use that one than have to re apply for another one. It was done about may last year.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 6:31 pm
Temporary Canuck

mattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chrisbrockhurst
Anybody know how recent the acpo police check has to be? I have a spare left over from my bunac visa application last year and as im in Canada already it would be much easier for me to just use that one than have to re apply for another one. It was done about may last year.
I believe they are 'valid' for 12 months. I've used a 8/9 month old one for my 2nd BUNAC application last year - so I believe you should be, unless the Embassy have changed their mind.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

sarah_m will become famous soon enoughsarah_m will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by chrisbrockhurst
i'm in the same situation and they won't accept it - i emailed them and got this reply from the iec 'Please be advised that you will be required to submit new police certification with your application.' also, ACPO said the government normally want to see one that is no older than 3 months.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarah_m
i'm in the same situation and they won't accept it - i emailed them and got this reply from the iec 'Please be advised that you will be required to submit new police certification with your application.' also, ACPO said the government normally want to see one that is no older than 3 months.
That's a shame, and a little bit stupid. I, and i imagine many others have been out the country the whole time so physically could'nt of broken the law haha
Old Jan 18th 2011, 8:55 pm
Temporary Canuck

mattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud of

Just back from my credit union, who didn't want to sign the form - I've got to go to my registering branch, and the guy I spoke to on the phone seemed a lot more receptive regarding the libability caused by the form, and agreed with me that it was quite a ridiulous check to be making.

What a headache!
Old Jan 18th 2011, 9:08 pm
Temporary Canuck

For anyone who has the bank form done - did they rubber stamp it with ink, or was it the paper inpression corporate seal that they put on it?
Old Jan 18th 2011, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

alistairsmith148 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am with TD, and I just walked in to the branch near work, had no problems signing it. They stamped it with a ruber stamp, that has their address on it. As well as the bank teller signing it.

It takes two weeks to get mail home, and then i have an ACPO police check to send off, premium service, what do we reckon the chances are there will be Visa left by then?
Old Jan 18th 2011, 9:33 pm
Temporary Canuck

Originally Posted by alistairsmith148
I am with TD, and I just walked in to the branch near work, had no problems signing it. They stamped it with a ruber stamp, that has their address on it. As well as the bank teller signing it.

It takes two weeks to get mail home, and then i have an ACPO police check to send off, premium service, what do we reckon the chances are there will be Visa left by then?
Sounds like the job. I wish they hadn't worded it 'bank seal' on the form - got them all in a fluster worrying about sending it to corporate to get an official corporate stamp on it (which would obviously be complete overkill).

Last edited by mattieuk; Jan 18th 2011 at 9:48 pm.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

CityWalk is an unknown quantity at this point

I wish we knew how many Applications where left. I'll have my Police Cert sent off priority tomorrow.

Will call into the bank tomorrow.

The Canada application is 90% filled in. Just need a few t's crossed.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

enbee is an unknown quantity at this point

Just going through the same thing at the moment. Really struggling to find proof of my Canadian address for my police check though as I do everything online!
Old Jan 18th 2011, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

kiis102 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by enbee
Just going through the same thing at the moment. Really struggling to find proof of my Canadian address for my police check though as I do everything online!
Going to hopefully apply for this tomorrow or day after but need some help. I currently live with my mom in a council house and the place is in her name, I pay rent/council tax for myself & she pays for herself but gets housing benefit cause she only does 16hours a week. If I go for a year then where would I stand with regards to Council Tax/Rent?

I rang Coventry City Council and they said they would treat it as I moved out and I wouldn't have to pay Council Tax because they wouldn't know If I'd be coming back or not (I will unless I get a Job who want to keep me there). They said my mom's benefits would change to cover what I was paying I think (going to call them tomorrow though). I won't be able to afford it If I have to pay Rent/Council Tax here for a year while I'm doing the same in Canada too

Also is there a deadline of when you have to leave the UK for Canada by? I have certain things booked up until the 2nd week of July, 2011 so I'm not sure if that's going to be ok or not?
Old Jan 19th 2011, 10:30 am
Just Joined

CityWalk is an unknown quantity at this point

Bunac are reporting VERY LIMITED places on Work Canada
Old Jan 19th 2011, 10:47 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

That's just because they are trying to shift what they have left and convince anyone still sat on the fence to take the plunge.

I was hoping that I could get everything sorted out today and send my application to the CIC directly and cancel my application through Bunac but the bank form means that is unlikely to happen. It's really irritating as well as I have everything else waiting and more than enough funds in my bank accounts.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CityWalk
Bunac are reporting VERY LIMITED places on Work Canada
so what are the chances that the rest of the 4500 will be still available in 2 weeks - when they are twice as cheap and demand is so high this year..

my current visa expires march 3, 2011 so by the time i get the good/bad news, it'll only be a few weeks that i'll have to quit my job, give notice to my landlord, find somewhere to put all my things in my appartment and find some way of my canadian boyfriend getting a UK visa - arghh this sucks.and the more i read the iec faq, the more i think i'm not even eligible - the page seems to just mention people have participated in the past..i think if you'd taken part in this particular initiative before (where student and non student visas were wiped out) then it would be fine but as im with a BUNAC visa, i don't think my chances are very good..
Old Jan 19th 2011, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
That's just because they are trying to shift what they have left and convince anyone still sat on the fence to take the plunge.

I was hoping that I could get everything sorted out today and send my application to the CIC directly and cancel my application through Bunac but the bank form means that is unlikely to happen. It's really irritating as well as I have everything else waiting and more than enough funds in my bank accounts.
do you think if you could provide a bank statement and attach a letter from the bank explaining why the don't issue stamped forms that *might* be enough?

how many other people do you think are having this problem in the UK?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.