International Experience Canada

Old Jan 18th 2011, 1:35 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by browncow
Wow, I figured Bunac would have a few more than that.. 5,500 is still not many to fight over..
They used to have them all until this year but the system was different with around 1000 going to non-students and then student applications were almost unlimited.

The CIC have looked to consolidate things this year and bring them more in line with the process for othr countries and also the UK is being very strict on issuance of WHV's to foreign nationals as well, adding them to the UK tiered immigration system, when they were formally exempt under the Youth Mobility Scheme.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 1:38 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alistairsmith148
So there is no reservation under IEC, but there is under BUNAC, how do we know this?

And DigitalGhost, do you work at the embassy or something, you are a very useful centre of Knowledge.
I don't unfortunately but if the CIC or Bunac want to offer me a job then I'm certainly open to tender.

All Bunac will do at this point is reserve a visa for you with the CIC online so you get a registration certificate to attach to your application form and it also makes you a bit of a 'special case' compared with most other applicants. Whether or not they will be permitted under their agreement to start issuing the certificates before the program officially opens for direct applications though still remains to be seen.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

Nic_Van is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sarah_m
I'm in the same boat but i'm not even sure i can apply to the iec (im on a work permit from bunac currently and not sure if i can apply). The way i look at it is that it will cheaper to get a fast police check done compared to going with bunac. It's a risk but if you hurry there's still time i think..
I think if you go through BUNAC, you have to wait til your current visa's expired. If you go direct, you're fine to apply whenever I think.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

sarah_m will become famous soon enoughsarah_m will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Nic_Van
I think if you go through BUNAC, you have to wait til your current visa's expired. If you go direct, you're fine to apply whenever I think.
why do you think it'll be fine? i can't phone the embassy so i really don't know what to do!
Old Jan 18th 2011, 2:24 pm
Sidecar Falcon

why do you think it'll be fine? i can't phone the embassy so i really don't know what to do!
Sarah, the CIC website says you can do this where as Bunac's T+C says that you can't so it's your only option really if you want to play by all the rules.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

Yeah, the FAQ page on theIEC website says it's a new program, totally separate from BUNAC. So our year with BUNAC doesn't count. There's also a question about 'What if I'm already in Canada' and it says basically, that's fine.

With your ACPO certificate, are you using your Canadian address as your current one, or your permanent British one? I'm stressing out as they need a cheque in sterling (which I don't have over here) so gonna have to send it back home first, then hope my mum can send it off for me. ARGH.

Also, the application pack's not there yet, right, or am I just being an idiot?
Old Jan 18th 2011, 2:28 pm
Sidecar Falcon

With your ACPO certificate, are you using your Canadian address as your current one, or your permanent British one? I'm stressing out as they need a cheque in sterling (which I don't have over here) so gonna have to send it back home first, then hope my mum can send it off for me. ARGH.
You can get a draft in sterling from a cannuck bank if you want to. You would likely have to pay a fee for it though.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
Sarah, the CIC website says you can do this where as Bunac's T+C says that you can't so it's your only option really if you want to play by all the rules.
where does it say that i can apply on the cic website?

it only says if you're in canada it doesn't mention if you're in canada on a work permit already. with that question, it only mentions an lmo i thought..
Old Jan 18th 2011, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah, the FAQ page on theIEC website says it's a new program, totally separate from BUNAC. So our year with BUNAC doesn't count. There's also a question about 'What if I'm already in Canada' and it says basically, that's fine.

Also, the application pack's not there yet, right, or am I just being an idiot?
I have to do the same! I am going to send it my priority airmail then get my mum to get my police check done in 2 days then send it to paris as soon as possible. I really don't think we need to include our canadian address as it has nothing to do with the police in the uk and i got told my ACPO that i wouldnt need a canadian police certificate..
Old Jan 18th 2011, 2:36 pm
Sidecar Falcon

where does it say that i can apply on the cic website?

it only says if you're in canada it doesn't mention if you're in canada on a work permit already. with that question, it only mentions an lmo i thought..
I am currently in Canada with a temporary work permit under the IEC initiative. Can I participate in a second category while my current permit is still valid?

Yes. You may apply to participate in a second category, while you are in Canada and your current permit is still valid. An application to a second category does not annul the validity of your current permit. If you are in Canada when you receive your Letter of Introduction by email, you will have to leave the country with this letter and present it to an Immigration Officer at a point of re-entry to Canada (i.e. a border crossing) in order to obtain your new temporary work permit. Issuing the new permit will annul the previous one, regardless of its initial duration. Please note that you may participate in 2 different categories.
I think that's your answer.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

I have to do the same! I am going to send it my priority airmail then get my mum to get my police check done in 2 days then send it to paris as soon as possible. I really don't think we need to include our canadian address as it has nothing to do with the police in the uk and i got told my ACPO that i wouldnt need a canadian police certificate..
You've probably seen this, but this is the part I meant:

"If your usual place of residence is the UK and you are temporarily out of the country, you may apply from the country in which you are. You can download the participation kit on our website and send your completed application by mail to the address indicated in the instructions. If your application is accepted, you will receive your Letter of Introduction by email."

That, and the fact they say the two visas are totally separate makes me think it'll be OK. I think BUNAC are just trying to stem the massive rush of people they know will reapply.

I'll try do my banker's draft from here, thanks!
Old Jan 18th 2011, 2:44 pm
Sidecar Falcon

That, and the fact they say the two visas are totally separate makes me think it'll be OK. I think BUNAC are just trying to stem the massive rush of people they know will reapply.
I think it's more to do with insurance than anything else to be honest. Most UK insurers won't touch you with a 15 foot pole unless you are in Britain at the time of the application and Bunac do not want to deal with a ton of enquiries or the aftermath of that.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

mansfield250 is an unknown quantity at this point

ok, confirmed the email, entered my details, went to the link they sent you with the 'PDF' file that is actually a PHP file and downloaded, had to install new adobe and now it opens however its not an application pack its just a page of writing with a lots of "<<<<" and "T"s all over it, anyone having the same experience?
Old Jan 18th 2011, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

mansfield250 is an unknown quantity at this point

DONT USE GOOGLE CHROME!
Old Jan 18th 2011, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

Anyone in Canada applying - what do you put for your current address in the initial form on the IEC page? I'm obviously currently in Canada, but it's classed as temporary, so do I put my British address in there instead? Whhhhy do these things confuse me so...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.