International Experience Canada

Old Feb 1st 2013, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

lukedparker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Do you only need the police certificate if you have lived in another country?
Old Feb 1st 2013, 9:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by laura_beth
I assume the english procedure will be the same, I would just like some clarification (and reassurance!) as to whether I can 'reserve' a place whilst waiting on my police check documentation!
Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing if the UK program will be the same until it opens.

Originally Posted by lukedparker
Do you only need the police certificate if you have lived in another country?
No, a UK one too (plus one for anywhere you've lived for 6 months or more). Assuming that requirement doesn't change for 2013 of course, but I don't think it will.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

I havent lived anywhere apart from the uk. So do i need a uk police certificate?
Old Feb 1st 2013, 9:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I havent lived anywhere apart from the uk. So do i need a uk police certificate?
Yes.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

Do you know were i can get it from and roughly how long it will take? I thought i only needed one if i had lived in another country
Old Feb 1st 2013, 9:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Do you know were i can get it from and roughly how long it will take? I thought i only needed one if i had lived in another country
You need an ACPO certificate, doesn't take long. Just Google it, look in the Wiki or on the IEC website (the FAQ section covers police certs) for more info.

HTH.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

Ok thank you. Will i have time to get the certificate back before the iec opens?
Old Feb 1st 2013, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

laura_beth is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing if the UK program will be the same until it opens.
Thanks for the reply. I understand there is no way of knowing. From past experiences, however, at what stage is the ACPO usually requested?
Old Feb 1st 2013, 9:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Ok thank you. Will i have time to get the certificate back before the iec opens?
Hang on, let me just check my crystal ball.....

If you get passport photos countersigned etc over the weekend, and pay extra for the urgent processing, then you could have it back towards the end of next week.

Whether the UK program will have opened by then, no way of knowing. It could open in 10 mins, or it could open in 3 weeks.

But you might not need the police cert at the initial stage anyway? Ive not been paying attention as I'm not applying, but I'm sure that's been said above on this thread hasn't it?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Feb 1st 2013 at 9:43 pm.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

tomTO is on a distinguished road

Just got this auto-response from the IEC team, no reply to specific questions about RMP certificates or chest x-rays due to travelling to tuberculosis riddled hell-holes...

Sir/Madam,

Please be advised that the United Kingdom International Experience Canada initiative will be opening shortly. At present we are unable to answer enquires relating to exact opening dates and time. If you are in a situation where you are already in Canada and your work permit will expire, please visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada at www.cic.gc.ca or call them at 1-888-242-2100 to evaluate your options. They also can be reached by email at [email protected].

We advise you to continue to monitor our website where an official announcement will be first made.

We understand your disapointment and thank you for your continued patience.

Sincerely,

The IEC Team
Old Feb 1st 2013, 9:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by laura_beth
Thanks for the reply. I understand there is no way of knowing. From past experiences, however, at what stage is the ACPO usually requested?
It's varied. Never even used to be required, last year it had to be sent at the start I believe.

But judging from the Irish application, it's changed this year - so if the UK program is the same it won't be needed initially.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

yeastery is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by tomTO
Just got this auto-response from the IEC team, no reply to specific questions about RMP certificates or chest x-rays due to travelling to tuberculosis riddled hell-holes...

Sir/Madam,

Please be advised that the United Kingdom International Experience Canada initiative will be opening shortly. At present we are unable to answer enquires relating to exact opening dates and time. If you are in a situation where you are already in Canada and your work permit will expire, please visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada at www.cic.gc.ca or call them at 1-888-242-2100 to evaluate your options. They also can be reached by email at [email protected].

We advise you to continue to monitor our website where an official announcement will be first made.

We understand your disapointment and thank you for your continued patience.

Sincerely,

The IEC Team
"shortly" is kind of encouraging, but i guess strictly meaningless.
I'm guessing the CIC will advise you to have your visa converted into a visitor visa come your visa's expiration. Does mean taking leave from your job when that happens though...
Old Feb 1st 2013, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

tomTO is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by yeastery
"shortly" is kind of encouraging, but i guess strictly meaningless.
I'm guessing the CIC will advise you to have your visa converted into a visitor visa come your visa's expiration. Does mean taking leave from your job when that happens though...
The worrying thing is how long the lapse between people's work permits will be...1 week, fine...2 weeks, not too bad if you have savings...a month, you're pushing it...so on and so on.

I get frustrated because I work with a few less-than scrupulous, not particularly hard-working individuals who have THEIR PR cards...WHY NOT ME, CANADA? WHY NOT ME?!?

Last edited by tomTO; Feb 1st 2013 at 10:50 pm.
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

flo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to all

All the places filled for Ireland!
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

kangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant futurekangoolari has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by flo-bee
All the places filled for Ireland!

Although maybe they'll get round to opening the UK one now....

Last edited by kangoolari; Feb 2nd 2013 at 9:15 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.