International Experience Canada

Old Feb 1st 2013, 8:53 am
Just Joined

Laura2109 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Don't give up just yet! If you're not planning on working right away you could still go at the end of March (I'm going beginning of April) then when your LOI comes through just pop over the border, road trip to Seattle or something, then get your visa on the way back in. And you never know, it might not take 8 weeks to process...miracles happen!
Old Feb 1st 2013, 9:43 am
Just Joined

lucilletwo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Laura2109
sq85 - I really wouldn't worry about it. They certainly won't open today, and they won't open over the weekend as I'm pretty sure they only make any changes to the website/reply to emails during office hours (Canadian time)

Also I emailed the extremely useless "The IEC Team" and was told:

"Please be advised that all the details pertaining to the changes to eligibility criteria, opening date, application process, as well as duration of work permits, will be published on our website just prior to the opening of the 2013 working holiday initiative in order to allow applicants to prepare."

My question was: Is the statement that visas will open before February 1st still accurate? They could have just said no!!

Meaning they will put the eligibility criteria on the website, and give us time to prepare (like we aren't already!) before they open it. So who knows, but I really think you will be fine until Tuesday.

I'm SO annoyed too!
This is the exact reply I got from them a couple of weeks ago in response to a question about my husband's eligibility for an open work visa if he's coming with me when I get my IEC visa (he's 31 so currently not eligible for IEC himself).

Last edited by lucilletwo; Feb 1st 2013 at 9:48 am.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 10:28 am
Just Joined

adam998 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey

This is my First time posting here and I was wondering if anyone could help.

I did my First year in canada and a bit longer as I applied for an LMO and sponsorship but they were refused so I flew back to the UK last week and Now im applying for the new IEC.

With the IMM295 form it asks for my 10 year work history but for me it doesnt fit on the one page and iv tired to convert it to a doc file to add the extra pages needed but due to certain formats on the page( i think its so the txt cant be edited) I cant export them. I have printed them then scanned them back to save as one file but I then I dont think id be able to digitally sign them,Has any one come across this problem and have a solution?

Also the questios about countries I have been in for longer than 6 months in the last 5 years,Well I have been in 3 and there are only 2 spaces(same problem as above I know) Well I know for last year you had to provide a police certificate for every country but this year there is no mention of that in the brief and useless guide points.Does any know have any info on this?

Also as for a NZ police check I dont personally apply for one,Last year It was a form you fill out and send in with you application and the IEC People get the info.

Any help would be great as I fly back to Canada as a visitor next week and id really like to get this finished before then.

Thanks and GL to everyone applying.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

Greatdane is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by onyourradar
Guess my dream of flying out end of march just died ��
Thats what i was going to do
Old Feb 1st 2013, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

MikeBrit will become famous soon enough

Were you guys gonna book flights before you got the final answer?
Old Feb 1st 2013, 11:44 am
Just Joined

adam998 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im Flying next week and was hoping to be back in my job by the end of feb but if it really is an 8 week processing time Its not looking likely ill be back at work any time soon.
Do you think it will help my application if I put down iv got a job waiting for me if I want it?
Old Feb 1st 2013, 1:28 pm
Never Live to Regret

staceyhall71 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am having an absolute nightmare getting a police check from Afghanistan! ive contacted embassy in kabul via email and london no luck absolutley gutted. Any ideas on what to do next ? could i explain to IEC my problems and evidence? The only thing i can get is a report off my husbands supervisor ro show he has not commited a crime in the country. And then get it signed from the military colonel

Last edited by staceyhall71; Feb 1st 2013 at 1:29 pm. Reason: spelling mistake
Old Feb 1st 2013, 2:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by staceyhall71
I am having an absolute nightmare getting a police check from Afghanistan! ive contacted embassy in kabul via email and london no luck absolutley gutted. Any ideas on what to do next ? could i explain to IEC my problems and evidence? The only thing i can get is a report off my husbands supervisor ro show he has not commited a crime in the country. And then get it signed from the military colonel
If you have lived in a country that has changed its name or status, the police certificate should come from the current national authorities of that country as specified on our website. If you are unable to obtain a police certificate from a country because you are a refugee from that country or for any other reasons, please provide a written explanation.
If serving with HM Forces UK enquire about getting a certificate from the Royal Military Police
Apply to: Crime/Intelligence Controller
CCRIO RMP
Roussillon Bks
Chichester
West Sussex
PO19 6BL

Fax: 01243 534340
If that doesnt work try this one
Ex-serving members of the British military can obtain a certificate of non-conviction which covers time spent in the services overseas and in the UK. Applications should be made in writing to the address given below.
Criminal Justice Office
Service Police Crime Bureau
Bassett-Wilson Bldg
Southwick Park
Fareham
Hampshire
PO17 6EJ
Tel: 023 92285243 Fax: 023 92285244 or : 02392284377

Last edited by Former Lancastrian; Feb 1st 2013 at 2:10 pm.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 2:07 pm

salmonfella is an unknown quantity at this point

Theres only 718 places left for the irish one its amazeing how quick they went in 3 days
Old Feb 1st 2013, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

rubyroses is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by adam998
Im Flying next week and was hoping to be back in my job by the end of feb but if it really is an 8 week processing time Its not looking likely ill be back at work any time soon.
Do you think it will help my application if I put down iv got a job waiting for me if I want it?
I was in this same boat last year with my application. Although it says 8 weeks, I found that applying on opening day got a visa back to me within a month. No guarantees it'll be the same this year, but you never know! I don't think having a job waiting for you will have any bearing on this visa as its not a prerequisite. First come first serve.

My current visa expires April 15th, I need to fill just 9 months until my CEC visa comes through. Major nightmare!
I guess we're looking at Monday now, folks!
Old Feb 1st 2013, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

flo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to allflo-bee is a name known to all

Originally Posted by salmonfella
Theres only 718 places left for the irish one its amazeing how quick they went in 3 days
Maybe that's why ours didn't open? They were so overwhelmed with the amount of applicants, their server couldn't handle it. I'm thinking, as soon as the Irish places are filled up (or slow down) ours will then open.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 2:38 pm

its at 644 now i would imagine the Irish one will be filled by the end of the day bear in mind its only 10.38 am in ottawa
Old Feb 1st 2013, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

Alec D is on a distinguished road

Does anyone else think this business with the Irish visa seems a bit... fishy?

4 months to fill the quota last year, less than 3 days this year?

I mean yes there could be economic factors, and the new IEC is more attractive and more accessible, but that's a 30+ fold increase in interest.

If that were to be reflected in the UK's IEC then it'd be a farce; the quota would be filled in a matter of hours, with first-day applicants missing out for no reason beyond website stability or payment processing time.

When did the IEC become like Glastonbury tickets? I'm hoping there's a logical answer.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 3:20 pm

well hows it a bit fishy? a lot of people went to oz in 2010/11 it might not have worked out so canada is where there are chosen to go now there also a huge number of students in there last year getting one for when they finish in june so i am not really suprised they have gone so quick Ireland is getting worse and are skills are sought after in canada and we are treated with respect unlike how the ozzies treat us. and with it being an 9 hour flight it makes it easier to get to and come home

Last edited by salmonfella; Feb 1st 2013 at 3:23 pm.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

yeastery is on a distinguished road

Does anyone else find salmonfella a bit... fishy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.