International Experience Canada

Old May 12th 2011, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by Cut_Chemist
Hey man, yeah I emailed them at this address: [email protected]. Mine has been in London for 11 weeks now, without hearing back! I emailed them and they sent me a standard response. Hopefully I'll hear back soon, becoming impatient!
Thanks! We've done the same
Old May 13th 2011, 12:04 am
Just Joined

robmcd02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by IanScottEsquire
Was just looking over my application there (still waiting on my police report coming back).

Do I need to fill out this form too for the IEC program?? : Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada (IMM 5257 - Schedule 1) form
Any have teh answer, i really need to know this as well?

thanks
Old May 13th 2011, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

Jay50 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FreQ
Cheers. I did actually ring up a Canadian insurance firm but if repatriation to the UK is required than I'm expecting that to be a little difficult.

Before I simply cave and go with BUNAC and spending almost £500 for the pleasure, has anyone else here looked at anyone else in the UK for insurance? An alternative to BUNAC's for eg.

Thanks

Oh and flight confirmed today - 15th June
Just got my insurance with Citybond - it's called Young Travellers Insurance but you will have to tell them that you intend to work and what kind of work you will be looking for. Also let them know if you want to make any trips home. Was about £200 cheaper than BUNAC! (No winter sports insurance with that though)
Old May 13th 2011, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

The Lost Paddy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Lost Paddy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Lost Paddy has a spectacular aura about

My timeline so far...

Fridayday 22nd april - sent via special delivery.
Wednesday 27th april - acknowledgment email.
Tuesday 03rd may - conditional acceptance email.
Monday 09th may - paid the wire transfer.
Monday 9th may - ackowledgment of fee email (immediate email received).
Thursday 12th may - first evalu phase complete & sent to london email!

I was told it was a 6 week process from start to finish, I lost a week almost as I could not make the payment quickly, but fingers crossed I will get it by about the 06th/07th of June!
Old May 13th 2011, 2:00 pm
Account Closed

geetup is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey man, yeah I emailed them at this address: [email protected]. Mine has been in London for 11 weeks now, without hearing back! I emailed them and they sent me a standard response. Hopefully I'll hear back soon, becoming impatient!

Jesus, 11 weeks! Surely you must have something on your application that they're needing to check out or something, criminal record etc,
Old May 13th 2011, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

Cut_Chemist is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by geetup
Jesus, 11 weeks! Surely you must have something on your application that they're needing to check out or something, criminal record etc,
I have been in Canada for nearly 2 years on Bunac Visas, both Student and Non-Student, but my criminal record is completely clean. Perhaps because I've been in Canada for the last while they might be running a Canadian Police Check, who knows. Either that or the application got lost in the post. May give them a call next week to see if I can get any details.
Old May 13th 2011, 4:25 pm
Account Closed

geetup is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been in Canada for nearly 2 years on Bunac Visas, both Student and Non-Student, but my criminal record is completely clean. Perhaps because I've been in Canada for the last while they might be running a Canadian Police Check, who knows. Either that or the application got lost in the post. May give them a call next week to see if I can get any details.
Yeah man, you bein there a lot before is probably something they have to really checkout, is still give em a ring though and find out, 11 weeks without hearing is a total pisstake!
Old May 15th 2011, 9:30 pm
Just Joined

bicster is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

So I'm new to this forum and am thinking about applying for my IEC to spend a year in Canada.

The thing is, it's May now and I'm worried about the quota. My understanding is that the UK only has 5000 places - does anyone know whether that quota has been exhausted yet? Has anyone had any rejections because of that?

Also, I've been through the thread and am seeing some variation in the application times. I've never been to Canada before and don't have a criminal record so what do we estimate the time to have my offer letter will be?

Thanks!
Old May 16th 2011, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

Cdaniels1987 is just really niceCdaniels1987 is just really niceCdaniels1987 is just really niceCdaniels1987 is just really niceCdaniels1987 is just really niceCdaniels1987 is just really niceCdaniels1987 is just really niceCdaniels1987 is just really nice

Hi Bicester,

Just to try and answer your questions, me and my partner didn't start thinking applying ourselves till about a month ago and finally got around to applying 3 weeks ago, as long as you can download the application then there are still spaces available, as soon as they remove the application link on the website then the spaces are all gone, from what I can tell most people have left it quite late this year as when the programme first become available in January the average waiting time was 6 weeks from when they received it in France to when you get your LOI (Letter Of Introduction) whereas now the average processing time is about 11 weeks which is what me and my partner have been told when the YMU (Youth Mobility Unit in France) received it, however so far the process has been very quick compared to some people, we received our conditional acceptance the day after they received whereas most people haven't been receiving there till around 5 days after.

Providing you have no criminal record can show the proof of funds and you fill in the application form EXACTLY how they tell you too in the instructions theres no reason why you shouldn't at least get the conditional acceptance (which Ive been told is almost a guarantee acceptance, but dont take my word for it, this is what I have learnt from this forum)

If I was you i'd go for it, you have 12 months from the (LOI) to actually go over and then once you are there you have upto 12 months over there, so even if your not planning on going till early next year I would still recommend applying now.

If you really want to go for it now I would recommend sending off for your police cert asap and like me and my partner pay for the quick service and then in the mean time get your application filled in, then once you receive your police cert send it off with Parcel Force guaranteed next day delivery, although all of this quick service can be expensive it could mean by this time next week your app is in France.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask, and keep us updated on your progress
Old May 17th 2011, 4:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

Getting a conditional acceptance is definitely NOT a guarantee of a permit. A few people have been rejected at the London stage for various reasons over on the BUNAC facebook page.
Old May 17th 2011, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Third6
Getting a conditional acceptance is definitely NOT a guarantee of a permit. A few people have been rejected at the London stage for various reasons over on the BUNAC facebook page.
Can you provide a link? I've been looking on the Bunac Facebook page but I can't see anything about being rejected.
Old May 17th 2011, 5:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

Can you provide a link? I've been looking on the Bunac Facebook page but I can't see anything about being rejected.
https://www.facebook.com/bunaccanada
Old May 17th 2011, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

Cdaniels1987 is just really niceCdaniels1987 is just really niceCdaniels1987 is just really niceCdaniels1987 is just really niceCdaniels1987 is just really niceCdaniels1987 is just really niceCdaniels1987 is just really niceCdaniels1987 is just really nice

Well I know a conditional acceptance does not guarantee a visa but I dont know many people who have been rejected.... I dont understand what they can find thats any different to the YMU tbh, I presume they do a more in depth police check but surely any criminal record would show up on your ACPO... but yeah we'll see.

one minute i'm thinking yeah I have the conditional acceptance then another minute i'm like crap I could easily still get a refusal!!!! upto 9 weeks to go till we find out!
Old May 17th 2011, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Third6
Thanks, I can see one dude who got rejected.
To ease everyone's mind on here - there are plenty of people on the Bunac Facebook page who have been waiting 13/14 weeks before receiving their LOI. There is still hope, folks!
Old May 17th 2011, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

adamwoodhouse is an unknown quantity at this point

For those waiting, here is my timeline so far :

15th April Sent application to Paris
18th April Acknowledgement of Reciept
28th April Conditional Acceptance
3rd May Reciept of Proof of Payment
04th May Application send to London for 2nd Phase

Aiming for a LOI on or by the 1st of June, so I can get paid by my job and literatly up and go.

Some of the dates above might be a bit wierd, like we had lots of bank holidays and stuff last month so it took a bit of time for an acceptance and to actually pay the 90 quid due to the royal wedding and the banks being closed.

I was quite worried about being rejected at the first phase for filling stuff in wrong, but all seemed well.

I've heard mixed messages about stage 2, like the 1st stage acceptace isnt a guarentee but pretty much, now somebody above is saying that's far from the truth...

Anybody know any real reasons to be refused on the second stage if police form was clear and you have an conditional acceptance?

Good luck people!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.