InterCompany Visa and PR Process

Old Oct 19th 2017, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

Drthorne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default InterCompany Visa and PR Process

Hi All,

First, thank you to everyone for helping some of my previous questions last month regarding the best PR approach for myself (and family).

Having done allot more digging on the PR process, a few things have come to light that I am looking for so advice on.

1) I am working in Vancouver on a two year Inter company transfer visa. Although employed as a senior project manager my experience previously has been with system design and analysis, so my visa was granted under that NOC 2171. Now this year (coming into my second year) I have been advised that the project I am working on will be changing.. No big deal but I was brought over to Canada to work on a very specific project and need some advise regarding implications...

So... Given my job tile and dept won't be changing is there any issues with me 'changing project' not sure if my employer needs to re-apply for my Visa or anything.

Also.. I am going to be applying for PR in Jan via the PNP route, my assumption (based on advice here) is that I should apply under the NOC code associated with my Visa (which is fine) but again if my employer needs to provide confirmation of employment and role, could there be any issues if this does not match what I original came to Canada to work on i.e. the remit of the project.

I guess the key question is, is the InterCompay visa associated to to the job title, role/dept rather than the specifics of the day to day work?

Thanks for all your support.
Old Oct 19th 2017, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: InterCompany Visa and PR Process

Works permits issued under an ICT are tied to the employer, NOC code and sometimes location.

The project you work on makes no real differences provided your employer remains the same and you are fulfilling the same roles and responsibilities.

Whilst I was here on my ICT I worked on multiple projects for multiple end clients.
Old Oct 20th 2017, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

Drthorne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: InterCompany Visa and PR Process

Thanks. That's what I thought! Really appreciate your help! Now the long journey to get PR!