Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Important - CIC London & Application Forms

Important - CIC London & Application Forms

Old Jun 2nd 2014, 2:11 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Important - CIC London & Application Forms

Hello and welcome to BE!

Check out this stickied post: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=824078 which actually references this thread!!

Basically, in most cases, London wants to see history from Age 18, and not just the past 10 years. However, a handful of people have been approved without it. The general line around here is that provide back as far as you can in as much detail as you can, but make sure you at least have the last 10 years completely accurate; past that, just do best effort.

PS: For future posts, you'll find you're better off making a new thread instead of piggybacking on an old one - ensures your post is seen by more people as members tend to come and go and often won't read to the bottom of an old thread! Good luck!
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

AlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TomJoons
Hi Everyone,
Just joined - what a great repository of information this forum is.
I'm based in the UK with my soon to be Canadian wife. We're working on an outland spousal visa application from London.
This address information is rather worrying - I'm 40 and it would be quite hard to build an accurate picture of where I lived during my early 20's after uni, renting various shared flats - any contracts as evidence would have been long since lost.
Can anyone confirm the expectation to document addresses from 18 and not just the past 10 years?
Thanks,
Tom
Ask HMRC for a Data Protection request, its free and has all your addresses, employers etc on it.
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

TomJoons is an unknown quantity at this point

Great idea - thanks a lot!
Old Jun 18th 2014, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Mary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Pull it out of the application on the question where it asks for history. YOu provided it for the past 10 years, so you just have to go back to since you were 18.
So, just to confirm, that's questions 8 and 12 on the applicants paperwork ? Great - I, too, only went back 10 years on these questions. Bet they take a quick look at those 2 questions and anyone who hasn't completed them back to the age of 18 gets put to the back of the pile !