Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Important - CIC London & Application Forms

Important - CIC London & Application Forms

Old Feb 4th 2014, 12:40 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Important - CIC London & Application Forms

Just as a heads up, I have been speaking to CIC London this morning - they have instructed us that even though the application forms state otherwise, when completing application forms that will eventually go to them, Personal History and Address History MUST go back to 18 years of age.

I have tactfully suggested they update their application forms to say this so they save themselves a shed load of time going back to people asking for this updated information.
Old Feb 4th 2014, 12:53 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Important - CIC London & Application Forms

Thanks for posting - definitely useful. Certainly I've recommended people provide back to Age 18 - hopefully this gets them actually doing it! OR at least a best effort (I remember someone who was 61 and applying... can imagine that's a tall order...!).
Old Feb 4th 2014, 1:14 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Thanks for posting - definitely useful. Certainly I've recommended people provide back to Age 18 - hopefully this gets them actually doing it! OR at least a best effort (I remember someone who was 61 and applying... can imagine that's a tall order...!).
They just came back to me to say they keep asking Ottawa to update the forms but they won't and it's so frustrating as they are wasting time chasing people - so far the lady I spoke to had been contacting someone 7 times to get them to do it to 18 and she is still trying to get them to do it!

You can see why things take so long now if they have stupid things like that to compete with!
Old Feb 4th 2014, 3:11 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I've made a sticky with this information and a direct link to your post, many thanks for updating us.

Old Feb 14th 2014, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

rnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud of

I'm a bit worried now, as we only supplied our information from the last 10 years as per the form. Should I be concerned? X
Old Feb 14th 2014, 5:33 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

They will probably just request you supply the last 18 years. Not much to do but sit and wait for that request to come through!
Old Feb 14th 2014, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

rnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud of

A lot of people look to have been approved without supplying this though?
Old Feb 14th 2014, 5:53 pm
Concierge

A handful, most have had it requested, so not much you can do but just wait and see.
Old Feb 14th 2014, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

No rhyme or reason huh? Was just curious as to the reasons behind it and why some have it requested and others not. Will be interesting to have to recall that info if need be! Lol
Old Feb 14th 2014, 6:05 pm
Concierge

Maybe start doing a rough workup in case you get asked, then if the request comes in you can be quick with getting it back to them.
Old Feb 14th 2014, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

Who's information do they look for and and what context? Ie - holidays, residences, education?
Old Feb 14th 2014, 6:10 pm
Concierge

Pull it out of the application on the question where it asks for history. YOu provided it for the past 10 years, so you just have to go back to since you were 18.
Old Feb 14th 2014, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks! Will cross that bridge when it comes to it. Here's hoping we are in the handful! Pol
Old Feb 15th 2014, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by rnccominghome
I'm a bit worried now, as we only supplied our information from the last 10 years as per the form. Should I be concerned? X
They will just request you send in updated Schedule A's at some point and ensure they go back to when you were 18.
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

TomJoons is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,
Just joined - what a great repository of information this forum is.
I'm based in the UK with my soon to be Canadian wife. We're working on an outland spousal visa application from London.
This address information is rather worrying - I'm 40 and it would be quite hard to build an accurate picture of where I lived during my early 20's after uni, renting various shared flats - any contracts as evidence would have been long since lost.
Can anyone confirm the expectation to document addresses from 18 and not just the past 10 years?
Thanks,
Tom

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.