I'mmmmm Here !!!!

Old Oct 21st 2006, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

dozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond repute
Default I'mmmmm Here !!!!

Hi all, Well just a very quick note on the getting here experience before I fall asleep again.

Departure was from Manchester via Gatwick to Vancouver

Plane landed at YVR at 15:30 approximately an hour late due to several problems,
1) Thomas Cook decided to change planes on us after going from Manchester to Gatwick, for operational reasons, this required every one to get off the plane and change to the adjacent gate, and board the new plane before Gatwick joining passengers were allowed on board,
2) Some plonker lost his passport, in the period of boarding the plane in Manchester, he must of had it there cause my passport was checked 3 time just going through the Manchester gate area alone, to trying to board the new plane in Gatwick managed to lose his passport, so after a hour faffing about trying to find the said passport the crew decided to off load him and then had to find his luggage, of course it wasn't in the correct bin to they had to look through all the luggage to find the right bags.

Once we had the luggage reloaded the fight was off and very pleasant, I had taken the option of the premium cabin, leg room was good, although I have a wide arse so that was a little tight, and the back support for my back was all wrong so that was a little problem, there was lots to eat and drink, a reasonable selection of movies and entertainment.

On arrival in Vancouver I headed to immigration desk and that was super quick, I think about 8 desks were open and there was no one waiting at any of them when I entered the hall, several people ran ahead of me, but it took about two minutes to be seen and to be redirected to the Canada Immigration section. I wandered over to the area on the right, I couldn't see any signs directing me so joined a queue and after being in it for a couple of minuets found out that it was the queue students and that the adjacent queue was for workers so moved into the worker queue, hey I had a skilled worker visa. I waited about 10 minuets and was eventually called forward only to be told that I had still been in the wrong queue, the young lady was very pleasant about it and said that I should of been in a queue at the very far end of the room, she said that she would process me any way rather than force me to queue again, which was very kind of her. The process was painless and completed in a matter of minutes including having my photo retaken. I was welcomed to Canada and sent on my way, I was only asked how much cash I had on me, the officer didn't want to know about if I met the requirements for available funds. She also didn't want to see my B4 forms I have to make an appointment with Canada Customs to get these stamped before I can get my container cleared. I just have to find out how I get my air freighted computer cleared as personal effects and I'm good.

All in all a very painless process. Just need to do all the other paper work like driving licences, SIN.

Take care all, I'll pop back from time to time

Dozzzzy
Old Oct 21st 2006, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'mmmmm Here !!!!

Originally Posted by dozzzzy
Hi all, Well just a very quick note on the getting here experience before I fall asleep again.

Plane landed at YVR at 15:30 approximately an hour late due to several problems,
1) Thomas Cook decided to change planes on us after going from Manchester to Gatwick, for operational reasons, this required every one to get off the plane and change to the adjacent gate, and board the new plane before Gatwick joining passengers were allowed on board,
2) Some plonker lost his passport, in the period of boarding the plane in Manchester, he must of had it there cause my passport was checked 3 time just going through the Manchester gate area alone, to trying to board the new plane in Gatwick managed to lose his passport, so after a hour faffing about trying to find the said passport the crew decided to off load him and then had to find his luggage, of course it wasn't in the correct bin to they had to look through all the luggage to find the right bags.

Once we had the luggage reloaded the fight was off and very pleasant, I had taken the option of the premium cabin, leg room was good, although I have a wide arse so that was a little tight, and the back support for my back was all wrong so that was a little problem, there was lots to eat and drink, a reasonable selection of movies and entertainment.

On arrival in Vancouver I headed to immigration desk and that was super quick, I think about 8 desks were open and there was no one waiting at any of them when I entered the hall, several people ran ahead of me, but it took about two minutes to be seen and to be redirected to the Canada Immigration section. I wandered over to the area on the right, I couldn't see any signs directing me so joined a queue and after being in it for a couple of minuets found out that it was the queue students and that the adjacent queue was for workers so moved into the worker queue, hey I had a skilled worker visa. I waited about 10 minuets and was eventually called forward only to be told that I had still been in the wrong queue, the young lady was very pleasant about it and said that I should of been in a queue at the very far end of the room, she said that she would process me any way rather than force me to queue again, which was very kind of her. The process was painless and completed in a matter of minutes including having my photo retaken. I was welcomed to Canada and sent on my way, I was only asked how much cash I had on me, the officer didn't want to know about if I met the requirements for available funds. She also didn't want to see my B4 forms I have to make an appointment with Canada Customs to get these stamped before I can get my container cleared. I just have to find out how I get my air freighted computer cleared as personal effects and I'm good.

All in all a very painless process. Just need to do all the other paper work like driving licences, SIN.

Dozzzzy

Congrats on getting here safely and WELCOME TO CANADA!!!
Old Oct 21st 2006, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Dozzy

You lucky old thing.

All the luck in the World in Canada

Burton Bunch
AKA Gaynor and Phil

Old Oct 21st 2006, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

scott&jay is a jewel in the roughscott&jay is a jewel in the roughscott&jay is a jewel in the roughscott&jay is a jewel in the rough

Good luck guys! Hope Canada is everything you want it to be and that you get settled quick. Here's hoping we are soon behind you on our way to YVR!!

Good luck!!

Scott
Old Oct 21st 2006, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

Elli and Paul has a spectacular aura aboutElli and Paul has a spectacular aura aboutElli and Paul has a spectacular aura about

Dozzzzy
Well done on making the move ok, keep in touch

Elli
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 2:53 pm
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Dozzzzy
Well done dozzzzy

Now the fun really begins
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

mels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bananahammock
Well done dozzzzy

Now the fun really begins
Hi Dozzzzy

Well done and good luck with your new life!

We leave a week today also heading for Vancouver, staying in West Vancouver for 2 months until we find somewhere to buy.

Hope your driving test goes well as that is something I am dreading.

Take care
Mel
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 8:57 pm
...in these shoes?

ellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to behold

Good luck Dozzzzy,glad everything went well. We'll be following you out on Friday. Enjoy your dream!
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by scott&jay
Good luck guys! Hope Canada is everything you want it to be and that you get settled quick. Here's hoping we are soon behind you on our way to YVR!!

Good luck!!

Scott
Congratulations on arriving in Canada

Scott.. just to let you know that my friend did recieve his PPR end of last week for PNP to BC so things must be moving again at CIC. Hope yours comes soon....if you havent already got it that is???
apologys for being off subject everyone!
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

scott&jay is a jewel in the roughscott&jay is a jewel in the roughscott&jay is a jewel in the roughscott&jay is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by jempee
Congratulations on arriving in Canada

Scott.. just to let you know that my friend did recieve his PPR end of last week for PNP to BC so things must be moving again at CIC. Hope yours comes soon....if you havent already got it that is???
apologys for being off subject everyone!

Thanks Jempee

No such luck for us yet. Fingers crossed. Can't stand another week of misery checking the post box every five minutes!!

Scott
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Jempee

No such luck for us yet. Fingers crossed. Can't stand another week of misery checking the post box every five minutes!!

Scott
No chance that you have moved or changed address then? silly question i know but my other friends here got there PPR last April but it was sent to there old rental address even though they had updated their address with CIC. may be worth checking?
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jempee
No chance that you have moved or changed address then? silly question i know but my other friends here got there PPR last April but it was sent to there old rental address even though they had updated their address with CIC. may be worth checking?

We have thought of that! CIC have our new address and we still have mail diversion from the old place. We have also called the people who now live in our old house and they have received nothing and have promised to call us if a brown envelope arrives!! Jason even put a flyer in all the other apartment mailboxes describing a PPR envelope just in case. I mean, how PSYCHO is this making us!!

Scott
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

We have thought of that! CIC have our new address and we still have mail diversion from the old place. We have also called the people who now live in our old house and they have received nothing and have promised to call us if a brown envelope arrives!! Jason even put a flyer in all the other apartment mailboxes describing a PPR envelope just in case. I mean, how PSYCHO is this making us!!

Scott

Made me laugh out loud