immigration photos edinburgh

Old Mar 8th 2010, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

imoutofhere is an unknown quantity at this point
Default immigration photos edinburgh

Hi all, Just about to send my forms off to London. I have 3 weeks left of my 120 days left and im finding it really hard to locate a photographer in the Edinburgh area. I have phoned about 15 and no joy. Can anyone help me with this one.
Old Mar 8th 2010, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

Melsa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: immigration photos edinburgh

Originally Posted by imoutofhere
Hi all, Just about to send my forms off to London. I have 3 weeks left of my 120 days left and im finding it really hard to locate a photographer in the Edinburgh area. I have phoned about 15 and no joy. Can anyone help me with this one.
Hi we had our photos done at a local photographic shop where they do passport and immigration photos, and develop photos. Have you tried Max Spielman shops? The immigration photos are only slightly different to passport photos in that the background is a different colour and the heads are slightly larger. They only cost £5 for 4 photos.
Good luck
Old Mar 8th 2010, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

Melsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Melsa
Hi we had our photos done at a local photographic shop where they do passport and immigration photos, and develop photos. Have you tried Max Spielman shops? The immigration photos are only slightly different to passport photos in that the background is a different colour and the heads are slightly larger. They only cost £5 for 4 photos.
Good luck
Just read another thread and someone got their photos done at Snappy Snaps in Glasgow. Don't know if this helps.
Old Mar 8th 2010, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your help.. I will look in to your suggestions.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Melsa
Just read another thread and someone got their photos done at Snappy Snaps in Glasgow. Don't know if this helps.
Yep, I was the one that got them done at happy snaps in Glasgow. They are a franchise all over the country including edinburgh
Snappy Snaps in EH2 4QS, http://www.snappysnaps.co.uk,
Snappy Snaps. 36 Queensferry Street EDINBURGH,Midlothian EH2 4QS.
0131-225 5554
Old Mar 9th 2010, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

Veelb is an unknown quantity at this point

I got mine done at a photo-me photo booth in Tescos. All the measurements were within the limits stated. Got my visa a few weeks ago no problems.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

I got photos from photo-me and I'm not sure if I should risk it. I measured 32mm from my chin to top of my hairline. the maximum is 30mm to the crown of your head. If I was to shave my head I'm quite sure the photo would be good. lol....
Old Mar 9th 2010, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

I got photos from photo-me and I'm not sure if I should risk it. I measured 32mm from my chin to top of my hairline. the maximum is 30mm to the crown of your head. If I was to shave my head I'm quite sure the photo would be good. lol....
Interestingly my photo instructions for Passport Requests now state the photos can be between 25mm and 35mm where as they previously were
25mm to 30mm.

Mine were done at a Snappy Snaps. I simply asked them to use a white background as the instructions state and they just turned the usual grey background around.

Tim
Old Mar 9th 2010, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Tim, Are you applying through London UK ? I went on the web site and London is still saying the photos are to be between 25mm and 30mm.. It would save a lot of trouble if they did change the photo size to 25mm to 35mm. Cheers.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

Hi Tim, Are you applying through London UK ? I went on the web site and London is still saying the photos are to be between 25mm and 30mm.. It would save a lot of trouble if they did change the photo size to 25mm to 35mm. Cheers.
Yes I am applying through London. I got the medical/passport request at the same time and they have definitely stated on the photo instructions that they can now be between 25mm to 35mm. I'm assuming this applies for other stages of the process too.

Tim
Old Apr 15th 2010, 4:38 am
Vi

rossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
There is a studio in Kelso about 35 miles from you.
Should be in yellow pages.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Psyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to all

We've just had PR Visa's back from CIC London after using the new photo specifications Mine was at least 1 full mm bigger than should of been, anyway you manipulated the rule but i sent it anyway, after the game to get them done and even on new spec's and it caused no problems

Added -the instruction London sent was for the smaller ones, old photocopy

Last edited by Psyched; Apr 15th 2010 at 9:34 pm. Reason: Last line!
Old Apr 16th 2010, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

Neillybhoy has a brilliant futureNeillybhoy has a brilliant futureNeillybhoy has a brilliant futureNeillybhoy has a brilliant futureNeillybhoy has a brilliant futureNeillybhoy has a brilliant future

We used the local guy in Dunfermline, 4 photos for a fiver im sure done meds a couple of months ago so the photos look to be ok

Sure it was http://johnstonesyer.com

All the best with the app.