Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Immigration lawyers and credentials switch

Immigration lawyers and credentials switch

Old Feb 22nd 2018, 7:36 am
Just Joined

Crazy031 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Immigration lawyers and credentials switch

Hi is it worth using immigration lawyers to help get there?

What or how is the best way to switch credentials?

Thanks
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 8:03 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration lawyers and credentials switch

Most people on the forum don't use a consultant, there's really no need to unless you have complicate circumstances such as a medical issue or criminal record. But it depends on how happy you are reading instructions, form filling, paperwork gathering etc and how much time you have for that (although do note that even if you use a consultant/lawyer, you still have to prepare all the supporting docs for them i.e. your job references, proof of funds, etc).

Not sure what you mean by 'switch credentials', can you clarify?
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 8:28 am
Just Joined

Crazy031 is an unknown quantity at this point

By credentials switching I mean qualifications switching over to the equivalent education of Canada
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 9:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Crazy031
By credentials switching I mean qualifications switching over to the equivalent education of Canada
You mean for your ECA? If so, you can only use certain agencies approved by CIC, the list is on their website - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-assessed.html

If you're asking about more generally i.e. to work in Canada, then it will depend on the province and your occupation.

HTH.