Immigration Advice

Old Feb 15th 2018, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

SnakeDoc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Immigration Advice

Hello,

I am looking for some advice on what my next move is as I am slightly dumb-founded as of this moment.

I married my partner last year. My partner is a Canadian Permanent Resident, who currently is living with me in the UK temporarily and is due to go back shortly. This leaves me in a bit of a confusing situation on how to go about getting to Canada.

I am currently a Qualified Telecommunications Engineer that works for one of the super-giant telecoms companys (I'm sure you know what one I mean). I have valid certificates in this line of work as I completed an Apprenticeship with them. Federal Skilled Worker I hear you say? Yes, this is a good idea but I don't have the required funds at the moment. I have tried to apply for several jobs in Canada but to no succession. I currently only have a Travel eTA.

Any ideas on what I could do? and how much money is required for each option?

My partner is going back to live with their parents who are also CPR's.

Many thanks,
SnakeDoc
Old Feb 15th 2018, 7:48 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration Advice

HI

Originally Posted by SnakeDoc
Hello,

I am looking for some advice on what my next move is as I am slightly dumb-founded as of this moment.

I married my partner last year. My partner is a Canadian Permanent Resident, who currently is living with me in the UK temporarily and is due to go back shortly. This leaves me in a bit of a confusing situation on how to go about getting to Canada.

I am currently a Qualified Telecommunications Engineer that works for one of the super-giant telecoms companys (I'm sure you know what one I mean). I have valid certificates in this line of work as I completed an Apprenticeship with them. Federal Skilled Worker I hear you say? Yes, this is a good idea but I don't have the required funds at the moment. I have tried to apply for several jobs in Canada but to no succession. I currently only have a Travel eTA.

Many thanks,
SnakeDoc
1. ONce your spouse returns to Canada, s/he can sponsor you as a spouse. New processing time is supposed to be 6 months for 80% of the applications.
2. See: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-children.html
3. Eliminates the need for ECA and proof of funds under the spousal category and you don't have to apply for EE pool if you qualify.
Old Feb 15th 2018, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Many thanks,
SnakeDoc
Are you under 30 and a UK citizen and/or under 35 and an Irish Citizen?
Old Feb 15th 2018, 11:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad
Are you under 30 and a UK citizen and/or under 35 and an Irish Citizen?
I am 25 and a British Born Citizen
Old Feb 16th 2018, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

I am 25 and a British Born Citizen
look at IEC then

By far the quickest and easiest way to get to Canada with an open work permit.

You could then transfer from this to PR via either spousal sponsorship or via CEC (if you work in a skilled job for one year) of EE (no proof of funds is required for a CEC application).

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-domestic-2018
Old Feb 16th 2018, 12:16 am
Just Joined

Thank you very much for your help. It makes for better understanding as the government website can seem to be somewhat overwhelming.