Immigrating to Canada inquiry

Old Oct 30th 2017, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

Slimdaddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Immigrating to Canada inquiry

Hey everyone, am seeking advice, l went to Canada in 2015 on a student visa and was miss guided to apply for a refugee protection from some people l trusted.
Long story short it was denied and l was told to appeal which l did later on but choose to withdraw the appeal since l wasn't completely honest at first. So l volunteered and asked Canada boarder services to let me leave the country. I was processed and later deported back to my country.

Now l received a full sponsorship to study in Canada and want to come back. Can l still get a student visa?

Note : my passport has no deportation stamps or anything to show l was deported and l returned to my country a few months before my student visa expired.

Thank you
Old Oct 30th 2017, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigrating to Canada inquiry

Originally Posted by Slimdaddy
Hey everyone, am seeking advice, l went to Canada in 2015 on a student visa and was miss guided to apply for a refugee protection from some people l trusted.
Long story short it was denied and l was told to appeal which l did later on but choose to withdraw the appeal since l wasn't completely honest at first. So l volunteered and asked Canada boarder services to let me leave the country. I was processed and later deported back to my country.

Now l received a full sponsorship to study in Canada and want to come back. Can l still get a student visa?

Note : my passport has no deportation stamps or anything to show l was deported and l returned to my country a few months before my student visa expired.

Thank you
Voluntary departure, ordered to leave, exclusion order, deported are all very different events, and you're not clear what happened to you.

If you are eligible to enter Canada, you can apply for a study permit (which may or may not be granted - you will need to demonstrate intent to return home after studies, which may be hard if you've previously falsely claimed asylum). If you were/are excluded from Canada for a period of time that's unexpired, or life, then you will not be able to.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 9:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigrating to Canada inquiry

The conditional Departure Order you were issued when you made the refugee claim was not in force as you appealed the refugee claim ruling which I'm betting you were not found to be a refugee hence the appeal. During the appeal process the Departure Order was not enforceable however it looks like you abandoned your appeal. Did you have your departure verified by CBSA and did you receive a Confirmation Of Departure Order? If not then its quite possible that the original Departure Order has now turned into a Deportation Order due to not having your departure confirmed.

IRCC will make a final decision as you have to apply for a Study Permit via your local visa office outside Canada.
Which country are you a citizen of bearing in mind you abandoned your refugee claim appeal less than 3 yrs ago. Nobody on here can tell you what will happen as the visa office will make that decision.