Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

IMM5562e Your Travels - Editing and submitting the form

IMM5562e Your Travels - Editing and submitting the form

Old Jan 13th 2018, 1:00 pm
Just Joined

Billen is an unknown quantity at this point
Question IMM5562e Your Travels - Editing and submitting the form

Happy New Year everyone!

This might be a silly question, but I just want to make sure I got it right..

We have submitted our PR application, had our medicals passed and now CIC wants us to complete an IMM5562e form for our travels over the last 10 years.

I've downloaded the form, but when I open it, a message comes up saying that "You cannot save data typed into this form. Please print your completed form if you would like a copy for your records.". In addition, I want to include additional pages since I cannot list all my trips using this form.

How am I going to submit it if it won't allow me to save the entered data? Can I print it, scan it, add the additional papers and then upload it to CIC as a single PDF or do they need the original form somehow?

Again, I may be overcomplicating things (and apologies if I do), but I want to make sure I provide CIC with the information in the format they want.

Thank you
Old Jan 13th 2018, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IMM5562e Your Travels - Editing and submitting the form

Originally Posted by Billen
Happy New Year everyone!

This might be a silly question, but I just want to make sure I got it right..

We have submitted our PR application, had our medicals passed and now CIC wants us to complete an IMM5562e form for our travels over the last 10 years.

I've downloaded the form, but when I open it, a message comes up saying that "You cannot save data typed into this form. Please print your completed form if you would like a copy for your records.". In addition, I want to include additional pages since I cannot list all my trips using this form.

How am I going to submit it if it won't allow me to save the entered data? Can I print it, scan it, add the additional papers and then upload it to CIC as a single PDF or do they need the original form somehow?

Again, I may be overcomplicating things (and apologies if I do), but I want to make sure I provide CIC with the information in the format they want.

Thank you
Are you certain you have the latest version of this form? I just downloaded IMM5562 (version 06 2017) and it happily allows me to input data and save it.

Having said that, I note you want to add additional pages.

In which case best to do as you thought which is to do a separate Word appendix then either 'print' both using the 'print to pdf' printer then combined the two pdf's with a pdf combine utility,

or actually print to paper and scan both in together, then using 'print to pdf', create a single pdf as an upload.
Old Jan 13th 2018, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

Billen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IMM5562e Your Travels - Editing and submitting the form

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Are you certain you have the latest version of this form? I just downloaded IMM5562 (version 06 2017) and it happily allows me to input data and save it.

Having said that, I note you want to add additional pages.

In which case best to do as you thought which is to do a separate Word appendix then either 'print' both using the 'print to pdf' printer then combined the two pdf's with a pdf combine utility,

or actually print to paper and scan both in together, then using 'print to pdf', create a single pdf as an upload.
Thank you Hurlabrick. I did what you suggested and created a single PDF, which I uploaded to the portal. Strange that it wouldn't let me edit the form though. I followed the CIC provided link to get to the form and I tried it on a Mac as well as Win10 computer. Oh well .. thank you again!