IEC and spouse confusion.

Old Oct 10th 2017, 11:53 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC and spouse confusion.

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Nope, it's 35 for some (i.e. Ireland).
Thanks C. Topic came up in a convo with a friend. If someone has entry on that IEC, do they have to leave on the birthday of the expiry age? And IEC gives them the right to work right? I don't need full info, I am just curious.
Old Oct 10th 2017, 11:57 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Thanks C. Topic came up in a convo with a friend. If someone has entry on that IEC, do they have to leave on the birthday of the expiry age? And IEC gives them the right to work right? I don't need full info, I am just curious.
Yes, IEC is an open work permit for 2 years, so full right to work - the only caveat being that some occupations will need a medical (i.e. working with kids etc).

And no, they don't have to leave if they turn 30 or 35 during their time there, they just have to have an ITA by then, but they can enter Canada (you get a year to enter and activate it) and stay for the whole time regardless of their age on entry.

HTH.
Old Oct 10th 2017, 3:23 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, IEC is an open work permit for 2 years, so full right to work - the only caveat being that some occupations will need a medical (i.e. working with kids etc).

And no, they don't have to leave if they turn 30 or 35 during their time there, they just have to have an ITA by then, but they can enter Canada (you get a year to enter and activate it) and stay for the whole time regardless of their age on entry.

HTH.
That's brilliant. Helps a lot. Thx.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

Onamish is an unknown quantity at this point

Might be worth you trying to apply when the 2018 program opens, you could still both end up with IEC's which would be much easier for you than having to wait until she's got a job offer etc. If you apply as soon as it opens then you'd have a great chance of getting a visa in the draws.

Good luck.
I will keep an eye on it but at the moment it's as follows;

"First round of invitations: November 28, 2016 - December 3, 2016
Final round of invitations: Sept 25 - Sept 29, 2017"

Like I say, I'll keep an eye on them and my interest is registered, so hopefully if there are more invitations before we move, I'll definitely be applying.

On a side note/self hijack, anyone got any city recommendations? We're looking at Kelowna currently.
Old Oct 12th 2017, 11:54 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Onamish
I will keep an eye on it but at the moment it's as follows;

"First round of invitations: November 28, 2016 - December 3, 2016
Final round of invitations: Sept 25 - Sept 29, 2017"

Like I say, I'll keep an eye on them and my interest is registered, so hopefully if there are more invitations before we move, I'll definitely be applying.
That's for this year's program though, which is now full. So you'll need to re-register when the 2018 program opens (just keep an eye on the website). If you apply as soon as it opens, you'll be in with a really good chance of getting your own IEC.