IEC - ITA :D

Old Nov 28th 2017, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

hh619 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IEC - ITA :D

Hi guys,

Registered for IEC on the 6th Nov and got an invite last night at 9:30pm

Summary: My Fiancee and I would like to immigrate to Canada. We've looked at EE and i score too low for it. With my Fiancee as the principal applicant we are border line! So we decided to both apply for IEC and work for 1 year to improve our chances.

Now i've got the IEC invite i will submit my application ASAP. We would like to move in 9-10 months. My NOC code should allow my (by then) wife to work.

I have some questions:

1) When filling in the "Personal details of applicant" section and in the "ID documents" sub-section. I noticed that i've typed my passport incorrectly. This must have been during the initial IEC registration. I've added my correct passport details and set it to be my primary passport. Will this cause me any issues down the line?

*Highlighted is incorrect!!!*

2) When filling out the "Work and education details" Section, it asks for the last 10 years of work/education. For the past 6 years i can give the exact Dates of employment, however, prior to that i will be guessing. Will they scrutinise this section in detail?

3) Once i submit the application. Is it correct that i have 1 year before we need to move?

4) I think i've asked this before, but need clarification: I have 2 criminal offenses on my record. Will the below be a problem? If so, what can i do?

18/10/09 - Drunk and disorderly. Adjudication: Non-Conviction.
20/11/03 - ABH. Adjudication: Warning.

5) In Regards to proof of funds; I have around £5-6,000 in my bank at the moment. This will decrease over the coming months with the wedding and all (most is already paid for). When will i need to show proof of my funds? We are deciding whether we will sell our house or not.. this will release some equity, but we are un-decided at the moment.

*more questions to follow*

Thank you very much in advance!

Matt

Last edited by hh619; Nov 28th 2017 at 9:20 am.
Old Nov 28th 2017, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: IEC - ITA :D

I have now approached this section of the application "Have you ever committed, been arrested for, been charged with or convicted of any criminal offence in any country/territory?"

Do i need to go into details around the circumstances of the offenses? Will the date, offense and adjudication be sufficient?
Old Nov 28th 2017, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matt88
I have now approached this section of the application "Have you ever committed, been arrested for, been charged with or convicted of any criminal offence in any country/territory?"

Do i need to go into details around the circumstances of the offenses? Will the date, offense and adjudication be sufficient?
For now you should give as much detail as you can, but, they will come back and ask for formal evidence if there was a conviction, admission or quilt or similar. i.e. court records
Old Nov 28th 2017, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad
For now you should give as much detail as you can, but, they will come back and ask for formal evidence if there was a conviction, admission or quilt or similar. i.e. court records
Thanks Engineer.

I will put as much details are possible. I'm rather concerned that this may stop my application being approved.

The drunk and disorderly was a night in the cell and that was it. The other was dismissed from court but i would have admitted guilt. I was only 14 at the time though.

I hope this wont be an issue!
Old Nov 28th 2017, 4:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Engineer.

I will put as much details are possible. I'm rather concerned that this may stop my application being approved.

The drunk and disorderly was a night in the cell and that was it. The other was dismissed from court but i would have admitted guilt. I was only 14 at the time though.

I hope this wont be an issue!
I don't think you'll be inadmissible from what you've said, but you do absolutely need to be honest about it. Have you ever visited Canada before and if so, did you need criminal rehab for that?
Old Nov 28th 2017, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I don't think you'll be inadmissible from what you've said, but you do absolutely need to be honest about it. Have you ever visited Canada before and if so, did you need criminal rehab for that?
Ah phew - hopefully! I definitely will.

No i haven't been yet, i've been to the US but that was before my drunk and disorderly offense.
Old Nov 28th 2017, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

Anyone know whether the incorrect passport on the original IEC registration will be an issue? The primary passport, as per the image above is the correct one.
Old Dec 1st 2017, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

Just looking at getting some photos taken as per Temporary Resident Visa application requirements.

The specs for the photos must comply with this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...photospecs.asp

• The frame size must be at least 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8″ x 1 3/4″).

Thats the usual size of a UK passport photo? I assume any photobooth will do?
Old Dec 1st 2017, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Just looking at getting some photos taken as per Temporary Resident Visa application requirements.

The specs for the photos must comply with this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...photospecs.asp

• The frame size must be at least 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8″ x 1 3/4″).

Thats the usual size of a UK passport photo? I assume any photobooth will do?
Correct
Old Dec 1st 2017, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
Correct
Cheers! nice and easy then.