Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

IEC application question - help needed!

IEC application question - help needed!

Old Jan 30th 2018, 9:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC application question - help needed!

Originally Posted by Greg87
Former Lancastrian, I was hoping I might pick your brains about this again!

After all that time not hearing anything from the Czech authorities, two weeks ago I received a document saying we were actually being charged with the offence of disorderly conduct!! Included was a full police report and details of the final outcome (we are to pay costs to the accuser) which I uploaded onto my IEC application as they wanted further details. I've now had another message on my profile asking to provide the following further information...

"Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer
since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate From Czech Republic, issued within 6
months from the date you submitted your application. Please visit
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...y/police-cert/ for instructions on how to obtain a police
certificate.

Court judgment: Court judgment relating to the criminal charge/conviction."

Now I've never lived in the Czech Republic, we were just on holiday, so how will I get a police certificate? Do I simply need to clarify that I was on holiday when the incident took place?

Then the second piece of information they're requesting, the court judgment, was included in the document I uploaded (in both Czech and with an authenticated English translation). Do I just upload the same thing again? Or write that the court judgement was 'x' and full details are on page 'y' of the previous document uploaded previously?

Thank you in advance
No PCC if not lived there for more than 6 months. I would write Court judgement was X and details on page Y. Can also state just on vacation.
Old Jan 30th 2018, 11:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

It seems to me that in this case IRCC are specifically requesting:

A Czech PCC
The Court Judgement relating to the incident.

Have you tried to get either?
I would be trying to get both.

It's up to you how you will proceed.

Last edited by Snowy560; Jan 31st 2018 at 12:12 am.
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

Greg87 is an unknown quantity at this point

As always, thank you Former Lancastrian! I imagine there are a lot of people out there that owe you a lot of drinks You really are a great asset to this forum!
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

Greg87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Snowy560, I do have the court judgement which was included in the document I uploaded previously, but I think I will rescan just the page with the judgment on it and upload that again. I haven't looked into getting a Czech PCC though as I thought they were just if you'd lived in a different country...I will definitely look into it and see if I can get one before the deadline to submit! Thank you
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 1:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Greg87
Snowy560, I do have the court judgement which was included in the document I uploaded previously, but I think I will rescan just the page with the judgment on it and upload that again. I haven't looked into getting a Czech PCC though as I thought they were just if you'd lived in a different country...I will definitely look into it and see if I can get one before the deadline to submit! Thank you
This is the problem with IRCC when they don't explain things clearly. Why couldn't they just say in the letter we want a Czech PCC due to your charges. We know you haven't lived there for more than 6 months but we want one.
My reading of your query is that they require the Court Judgement.