IEC 2017

Old Nov 28th 2016, 11:27 pm
Just Joined

Mobius1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2016

Originally Posted by harryg7
Hi,

random question - I know the draws open for the IEC 2017 very soon.

How often were the draws for the 2016 IEC?

Thanks

Harry
Once you're signed up you can actually look at the schedule for the pools. My working holiday pool is having its first draw over the next few days.

Just out of interest...how many people are actually invited to apply? Apparently I have an 'Excellent' chance of being invited to apply, but I can see there are currently 5500 people in the pool.
Old Nov 28th 2016, 11:58 pm
Just Joined

Mobius1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2017

I've just put in my application today. I know that there is a draw going on from yesterday to the 3rd December...I'm hoping I won't be missed out of this one because I entered a day after it started.

Quick question - how many people were issued IEC visas from the working holiday category last year? There are 5500 people in there currently....what are my chances of getting one?

Does your education/work history earn you any points during the actual application process or is that only for permanent applications?
Old Nov 29th 2016, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

harryg7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2016

Originally Posted by Mobius1988
Once you're signed up you can actually look at the schedule for the pools. My working holiday pool is having its first draw over the next few days.

Just out of interest...how many people are actually invited to apply? Apparently I have an 'Excellent' chance of being invited to apply, but I can see there are currently 5500 people in the pool.
Hi,

I wondered that. But after reading into it more, I understand it's because some people who get invites will not respond (let ITA expire), get their WP declined, or even withdraw their profile. So in theory it will open up the space they originally could have had.

Thanks
Old Nov 29th 2016, 6:22 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mobius1988
I've just put in my application today. I know that there is a draw going on from yesterday to the 3rd December...I'm hoping I won't be missed out of this one because I entered a day after it started.

Quick question - how many people were issued IEC visas from the working holiday category last year? There are 5500 people in there currently....what are my chances of getting one?

Does your education/work history earn you any points during the actual application process or is that only for permanent applications?
Your work/education makes no difference at all. You have the same chance as somebody that left school at 16 with no GCSE's and has never worked. It's a ballot, simply drawing names out of a hat essentially.

Last year approx 750 invites were given out each round iirc, at the moment you're pretty much guaranteed to get an ITA at some point between now and the program closing mid next year, because there are less people than visas that will actually be given out (taking off some people who don't take up an ITA for various reasons, or they're rejected). But I'm sure others will join the pool as it goes on.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Nov 29th 2016 at 6:24 am.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

Victoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Your work/education makes no difference at all. You have the same chance as somebody that left school at 16 with no GCSE's and has never worked. It's a ballot, simply drawing names out of a hat essentially.

Last year approx 750 invites were given out each round iirc, at the moment you're pretty much guaranteed to get an ITA at some point between now and the program closing mid next year, because there are less people than visas that will actually be given out (taking off some people who don't take up an ITA for various reasons, or they're rejected). But I'm sure others will join the pool as it goes on.
CO, do you know how many rounds they actually do and at what intervals? Obviously I am too old for this but as you know I put my son in it ! This is all new to me - I didn't even know it existed until you mentioned it!!!
Old Nov 29th 2016, 10:04 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Victoria34
CO, do you know how many rounds they actually do and at what intervals? Obviously I am too old for this but as you know I put my son in it ! This is all new to me - I didn't even know it existed until you mentioned it!!!
I'm trying to remember, but if I recall correctly from last year (the first time they ever did a lottery system - previously it was just a 'first come, first served' system which was chaos!) then I think they did about one a month until all the visas had gone.

HTH, and good luck to your son.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't pay any particular attention to the number of rounds, more the number of invites to apply, people in the pool and actual approvals. The process was pretty much going until the latter parts of this year, albeit at a slower pace.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

Victoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the advice and info ! From the power of google, I read somewhere that they do them on a Wednesday so all meetings that fall on a Weds for me are now cancelled !!! � ����� ����
Old Nov 29th 2016, 10:53 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Thanks for the advice and info ! From the power of google, I read somewhere that they do them on a Wednesday so all meetings that fall on a Weds for me are now cancelled !!! � ����� ����
Nope, afraid not. I didn't think that could be right as I thought somebody on the forum would have spotted that pattern if it was true so I did a quick search to see when people got invites last year. The first couple of posts I found reporting that they'd received an invite that day were on the 22nd Dec 2015 (a Tuesday) & 7th May 2016 (a Saturday).

But perhaps another country's IEC only issued them on a Wednesday?
Old Nov 29th 2016, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Ah ha ! Well, that's why they say not to believe everything you read on the internet (apart from this site of course !!!). I can't cancel all my meetings then ! Ho hum
Old Nov 29th 2016, 10:56 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Ah ha ! Well, that's why they say not to believe everything you read on the internet (apart from this site of course !!!). I can't cancel all my meetings then ! Ho hum
Why would you cancel them anyway?! What am I missing, can't see any reason to do that!
Old Nov 29th 2016, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

I was being daft - in other words I was saying I would be glued to my emails waiting for an invite. All other work could be placed on hold until it does !! But of course, that wouldn't pay the bills !
Old Nov 29th 2016, 11:00 am
SUPER MODERATOR

I was being daft - in other words I was saying I would be glued to my emails waiting for an invite. All other work could be placed on hold until it does !! But of course, that wouldn't pay the bills !
Ah, I see! I wondered if you thought you had to jump in to action and do something the minute an ITA was received.

I'm the queen of procrastination so totally understand that. 'Right, I must crack on with my accounts'.......'oooh look, a funny cat video on Facebook'.

The danger of running your own business and working at home with nobody other than the dogs to monitor what I'm up to.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Ah, I see! I wondered if you thought you had to jump in to action and do something the minute an ITA was received.

I'm the queen of procrastination so totally understand that. 'Right, I must crack on with my accounts'.......'oooh look, a funny cat video on Facebook'.

The danger of running your own business and working at home with nobody other than the dogs to monitor what I'm up to.
If only dogs could talk !!!!

I am a tad fanatical about jumping to attention and dealing with things as soon as they come in. The police cert will be ordered on the 2 day service and I am just about to drag the eldest out to get his photos done! Nothing like being prepared !!

I know there is time but that's the way I do things !
Old Nov 29th 2016, 11:05 am
SUPER MODERATOR

If only dogs could talk !!!!
I'm really very glad they can't tbh.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.