IEC 2017

Old Apr 20th 2017, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

tariqbutt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2017

Originally Posted by Snowy560
Yes, but at some (as yet) unspecified date, the IEC 2017 season is going to close and that does not necessarily mean when all the spots are used up. I expect it will be a while yet but who knows.

It does say:

During the final round of invitations, we plan to invite enough candidates to meet the quota for the season.
To meet the quota in these cases, we may issue a very small number of Invitations to Apply after the final round takes place.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Well spotted!
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

tariqbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to let you know, I accepted the invitation, and from what I can see, should one want to do this, you can still reject the invitation during the subsequent 20 day period you have to apply. The reject button is still available during this period.
Old May 2nd 2017, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

CRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone have a copy of the IMM5946 document? Or have any idea why half of it might be missing when downloaded. It's the one people get when they receive an invitation to apply. I don't believe it's anything personal, just a list of instructions about what to do next judging by what I can read from the part that did download successfully. Im helping a friend with the application process and there are 2 pages on the document but the first is completely blank for some reason. I assume this is an error as the second page starts mid sentence. Tried re-downloading same thing.
Old May 2nd 2017, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Did you try google?
Second result for "IMM5946"

http://visa.gotovan.com/docs/IMM5946...ply_Letter.pdf
Old May 3rd 2017, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

CRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond repute

I did not, silly me, a million thanks for that Vulcanoid. I think my subconscious just dismissed the idea that there would be government documents available as easily as a google search. That there might be some kind of privacy laws etc stopping that. I think she was also concerned that she might need that part which has failed to download specifically for her. For example if there was some number on it that you would need to enter to proceed to the next stage etc. I said I didn't think so, it looks like its just for deadline reminders.

With regards to police check purposes, what actually counts as you having "lived" at an address" previously, enough so they would want to know about it. For example would you put the addresses of Hotels/hostels you stayed at for any length of time if that was where you accepted mail? Or if you couch surfed for a month at address, does that count as having 'lived' there. Hard to tell how scrupulous ACPO is with regards to that kind of thing.
Old May 4th 2017, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CRAY
I did not, silly me, a million thanks for that Vulcanoid. I think my subconscious just dismissed the idea that there would be government documents available as easily as a google search. That there might be some kind of privacy laws etc stopping that. I think she was also concerned that she might need that part which has failed to download specifically for her. For example if there was some number on it that you would need to enter to proceed to the next stage etc. I said I didn't think so, it looks like its just for deadline reminders.

With regards to police check purposes, what actually counts as you having "lived" at an address" previously, enough so they would want to know about it. For example would you put the addresses of Hotels/hostels you stayed at for any length of time if that was where you accepted mail? Or if you couch surfed for a month at address, does that count as having 'lived' there. Hard to tell how scrupulous ACPO is with regards to that kind of thing.
They only need addresses in the UK, so anywhere that you have received official mail in the UK (working on the assumption you aren't referring to couch surfing in the UK). They only need to know your current non UK address
Old May 7th 2017, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

I have worked out the problem we were having with regards to the IMM#### forms coming through as blank. must be an internet explorer thing, tried opening them with chrome, all good. FYI to anyone else who encounters this.
Old May 13th 2017, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

with regards to the question "when was the last time you participated in the IEC?" do we think they mean, the date you entered the country, or the date you left?
Old May 14th 2017, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

with regards to the question "when was the last time you participated in the IEC?" do we think they mean, the date you entered the country, or the date you left?
The quota year you last participated in.
Old May 15th 2017, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
The quota year you last participated in.
I assumed as such, however the requirement to enter a month and day threw me off a little and made me question whether they were asking for the day of leaving, or entrance.

Many thanks
Old May 18th 2017, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

Is it still the case that you don't need to print and scan the IMM5707E forms in the work permit application stage in order to sign, and just fill it out electronically and leave the signature section blank.
I searched this thread but couldn't find anything relevant to this year specifically, although I know in the past you didn't have to sign them. And there was the option to just validate electronically later on.
Just slightly discourages me from doing so that there is no prompt or info telling you not to print and sign. It seems that a form that asks for your signature would generally require it, or state otherwise. Wondering if I'm going to come a cropper by assuming my prior knowledge is still valid.

Kind regards
Old May 18th 2017, 11:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

There has never been, and likely will never be, a requirement for the form to be printed, signed, and scanned.

You fill it in on computer, upload the filled PDF, and electronically sign the entire application at the end.
Old May 19th 2017, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

thanks vulcanoid, that just about clears that up then. It's the section which says "If you do not sign or date the form your application will be returned to you that is really off putting"
Old May 21st 2017, 7:57 am
Just Joined

SixKittiesSarah is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks vulcanoid, that just about clears that up then. It's the section which says "If you do not sign or date the form your application will be returned to you that is really off putting"
IRCC do have a lot of old instructions like this dotted around.
It's just an electronic signature. No need to print and sign.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.