IEC 2017

Old Feb 18th 2017, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

tariqbutt is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: IEC 2017

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
No probs. I would keep an eye on the numbers though, just in case. Still 5516 places left today, but 4021 ITA's issued, so if most of the people do take up their ITA and submit an application, there won't be that many spaces left and your chances will go down. So just keep watch and make sure you don't miss out (or possibly just apply now rather than risk it).

Good luck.
When you posted this earlier this month the "Chance of receiving an invitation in the next round" was at "good" or something like that for Ireland.

Rounds of invitations – International Experience Canada

Now its at "fair" with a not so happy face.

Given the quote is 7700 and they have not even issued that many invitations, with only around 200 candidates in the pool, surely that means there is a very good chance Ill get it in at this stage?

Or do they mean I wont get offered in just the next round but will get offered at some stage??
Old Feb 25th 2017, 7:26 am
Just Joined

DevNinja is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2017

Wow. After an arduous 4 months 1 week my application has been approved.

Thanks to everyone who contributes to this side of the forum, particularly FL your word count : usefulness ratio is excellent

IEC submitted - October 17, 2016

IEC Invitation to Apply received - December 15, 2016

Work permit application submitted (UK police report + Subject access / Aus Police + Licence report) - January 1, 2017

Request letter for UK arrest information (written by me) received and submitted - January 27, 2017

POE received - February 24, 2017
Old Feb 26th 2017, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

Anyone know anything about the police certificate requirements? The website is really vague.

Apply for a work permit – International Experience Canada
"In most cases, you’ll need to get police certificates."

In most cases? Will my case be one of them? Which countries do I need police certificates from? (I have lived in many countries, although only been a permanent resident of two countries).
Old Feb 26th 2017, 1:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tariqbutt
Anyone know anything about the police certificate requirements? The website is really vague.

Apply for a work permit – International Experience Canada
"In most cases, you’ll need to get police certificates."

In most cases? Will my case be one of them? Which countries do I need police certificates from? (I have lived in many countries, although only been a permanent resident of two countries).
All IEC applicants will need a Police Certificate from any country they have lived in for over 6 months.
From the CIC website
For example: if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate.

If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:

are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.
How to get a police certificate
Old Feb 26th 2017, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Anywhere you have spent over 6 months since turning 18.
Old Feb 26th 2017, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

CRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond repute

So I am really confused. Haven't logged on to my account on the government of Canada website for a good few weeks due to my workload being crazy and stress levels really high for a while at work.

I had submitted an application for the IEC and was simply waiting for some kind of response or invitation. (I assumed I would have at least got some sort of email if there was any change of situation, i.e you have received a message in your IEC account or something).

I logged on today and even though my details are being accepted it has asked me to "create an account". I just went through the process of re-entering my details as it asked and when I went through to the main account screen where you can check your application status there is nothing there.

It looks as though I had never made an application.

I have a sinking feeling that in my naivety of thinking I would get some sort of notification to my regular email account I might have received an invitation and the deadline has come and gone without me knowing. Hence my application no longer in existence.

Does that seem likely? Wouldn't I have some kind of message still in there that I could read saying your application has failed or something? as opposed to just it just looking as though I had never made an application. I am hoping that its just some sort of I.T issue but I cant shake the feeling that I was extremely stupid not to check my account for a while.
Old Feb 26th 2017, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

There are a few countries where if you are a citizen of that country, you don't need a police certificate for a IEC and there are special requirements for some others. Check out the specific notes for the countries listed here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/apply.asp

Last edited by Snowy560; Feb 26th 2017 at 3:30 pm.
Old Feb 26th 2017, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You can do it now and update your passport info if you get an ITA.
Must I have the new passport when I am applying after I receive the invitation? Or can I update my passport after that?

Just wondering when I should update my passport. Currently waiting on an invitation (from Ireland so reasonable chance)
Old Feb 27th 2017, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

CRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CRAY
So I am really confused. Haven't logged on to my account on the government of Canada website for a good few weeks due to my workload being crazy and stress levels really high for a while at work.

I had submitted an application for the IEC and was simply waiting for some kind of response or invitation. (I assumed I would have at least got some sort of email if there was any change of situation, i.e you have received a message in your IEC account or something).

I logged on today and even though my details are being accepted it has asked me to "create an account". I just went through the process of re-entering my details as it asked and when I went through to the main account screen where you can check your application status there is nothing there.

It looks as though I had never made an application.

I have a sinking feeling that in my naivety of thinking I would get some sort of notification to my regular email account I might have received an invitation and the deadline has come and gone without me knowing. Hence my application no longer in existence.

Does that seem likely? Wouldn't I have some kind of message still in there that I could read saying your application has failed or something? as opposed to just it just looking as though I had never made an application. I am hoping that its just some sort of I.T issue but I cant shake the feeling that I was extremely stupid not to check my account for a while.
So I hadn't missed an invitation. I used the "link application to this account" and a reference I had on my emails for my application and was able to find it and link. I am still very confused about the whole situation though. It's almost like my application just disappeared from the account, or my account duplicated or something.
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 2:45 am
Just Joined

BNH43 is an unknown quantity at this point

It's amazing how quickly the application can go for some people.

Jumped into the pool on the 26th of January, got an invitation to apply on the 1st of February, started the application on the 11th of February, submitted it on the 27th of February and received the POE letter on the 1st of March.

I'm looking at heading over in October since I still need to save a bit more money to be able to live reasonably comfortably.

I think we've got it really lucky in Australia, considering that there are unlimited spots the process seems to go very quickly since you're not waiting long for an ITA.
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 10:00 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BNH43
It's amazing how quickly the application can go for some people.

Jumped into the pool on the 26th of January, got an invitation to apply on the 1st of February, started the application on the 11th of February, submitted it on the 27th of February and received the POE letter on the 1st of March.

I'm looking at heading over in October since I still need to save a bit more money to be able to live reasonably comfortably.

I think we've got it really lucky in Australia, considering that there are unlimited spots the process seems to go very quickly since you're not waiting long for an ITA.
Both years mine took exactly 6 weeks each.

Reasonably comfortably depends on where you are planning to live - big difference between different places in the country
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

hg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond repute

I spent just under two months in the pool part of the process, but it was very quick after being fished out of there - bar the waiting around for medical test bit, which was all on my end, it didn't take more than a few days to go from one stage to the next. Can't complain...

Do feel you on the money aspect of things though - I've managed to line a job up before leaving, so no money worries once there and ducks lined up for a little holiday before setting about it, and I'm still looking at the bank account every day trying to check that this will be enough and that will be enough etc ad nauseam. Big shocker for me is the price of buying a car - I spent £250 on my current one a year ago, which is old but has essentially nothing wrong with it and I get the impression you have to look at spending $2500 or so just to get out of the sudden death zone in BC !

26 days to go...
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 1:24 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hg42
Big shocker for me is the price of buying a car
You might also want to look at 'Big Shocker' of ICBC car insurance as well...
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

hg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond reputehg42 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
You might also want to look at 'Big Shocker' of ICBC car insurance as well...
Nah, I was all set up for that to be an issue but I dug out their rate book (took a bit of finding but it is public - and deeply boring) and I tick essentially none of the boxes that inflate the costs for people - remote area, about as far north as you can get without hitting the Yukon, not used for work purposes etc - just something to play with in my own time. Shouldn't therefore be too bad, just have to budget for a windscreen and a few tires every year + / - the cost of getting it dragged down any goat tracks it goes up if it breaks :V

The only real annoyance is not being able to move any NCD over (or rather it being more hassle than it's worth) - I have lots of short periods with different insurers as I've never actually needed to drive, so tended to buy cars for a particular purpose and then get rid of them once that's over - but it'd only amount to a 5% discount anyway so I'm not overly fussed.
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

1Mandem is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, can someone tell me what is acceptable as proof of funds? I lost my bank card so can't get online to screenshot a statement. Would cash be accepted? Or could I use my parents statement which shows a recent transaction of around 2500 into my account? Are there any other options anyone can think of?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.