IEC 2014

Old Dec 10th 2013, 8:36 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2014

Originally Posted by JohnDerry
See my reply, having filled out a PR application I can assure you that not all of the information requested was at hand.

This is a different visa and process but without any insight into the application, i'm unable to determine just how different it is.
If you look online, there are several examples available. It's a very simple form compared to PR applications.

This blog might be of help: http://www.goodbyeblighty.com/work-i...by-step-guide/

You can find the forms mentioned online at the CIC website, if you want to preview them.

IEC initial application form 2013 - http://img.docstoccdn.com/thumb/orig/125007583.png
Old Dec 10th 2013, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

Stage 1 is really easy information, off the top of your head stuff; except remembering all the dates for employment/education, but you'll have your CV close at hand for that!

Stage 2 is where it gets a bit more interesting, but seeing as you have 3 months to do that in, it's nothing to worry about, as there's plenty of time to find stuff out.
Old Dec 10th 2013, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

JohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Siouxie
If you look online, there are several examples available. It's a very simple form compared to PR applications.

This blog might be of help: http://www.goodbyeblighty.com/work-i...by-step-guide/

You can find the forms mentioned online at the CIC website, if you want to preview them.

IEC initial application form 2013 - http://img.docstoccdn.com/thumb/orig/125007583.png
Fantastic thanks.

Needless worrying averted!
Old Dec 10th 2013, 9:16 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

These are both very useful but the top link says your employment history is 10 years. I thought it only needed to be 5 years?
Old Dec 10th 2013, 10:04 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
These are both very useful but the top link says your employment history is 10 years. I thought it only needed to be 5 years?
Where did you read it had to be 5 years? The top link is from someone who applied to the IEC in 2013.
Old Dec 10th 2013, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

IrishGuyAbroad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quick question. On that sample IEC application form it mentions how no dependants are permitted to travel on an IEC visa. I understand that this means each person needs to apply for their own visa, and I could not go on my partners visa etc,

However we were planning on bringing our child (she is one) with us. As far as I was aware, we were able to take her and she would just get a visitor permit on POE. Is that the case? Or is that not a possibility given that it mentions not been able to bring a dependent?

I had looked in to this months ago and as far as I was aware we could take her, but looking at the form now I'm starting to question myself!
Old Dec 10th 2013, 10:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IrishGuyAbroad
Quick question. On that sample IEC application form it mentions how no dependants are permitted to travel on an IEC visa. I understand that this means each person needs to apply for their own visa, and I could not go on my partners visa etc,

However we were planning on bringing our child (she is one) with us. As far as I was aware, we were able to take her and she would just get a visitor permit on POE. Is that the case? Or is that not a possibility given that it mentions not been able to bring a dependent?

I had looked in to this months ago and as far as I was aware we could take her, but looking at the form now I'm starting to question myself!
Yes you can bring dependent family members but they cannot work or study at University etc. Secondary schooling is OK.
Old Dec 10th 2013, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

the blairs will become famous soon enough

Just re-checking that I can go on my hubby's IEC if he can prove that he has a job on NOC A, O or B. Anyone done this before?

... Meaning I can get a SOWP

Last edited by Siouxie; Dec 11th 2013 at 12:10 am. Reason: I merged your posts - if you want to add to your post, you can use the edit button located to the right of your post :)
Old Dec 11th 2013, 6:35 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the blairs
Just re-checking that I can go on my hubby's IEC if he can prove that he has a job on NOC A, O or B. Anyone done this before?

... Meaning I can get a SOWP
Nobody will have done it before because it's a new rule only valid for this years program onwards.

But yes, that's correct although it would usually be better to get your own IEC if you can, as it could take him a few months to find work. At least if you have your own IEC, you're both work authorised from the start so no need to be dependent on his job hunting.

HTH.
Old Dec 11th 2013, 7:46 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Where did you read it had to be 5 years? The top link is from someone who applied to the IEC in 2013.

That's what I got told anyway I have only been working constantly since 2008 ( didn't finish uni until 2007) unless they want me to put my paper rounds in?
Old Dec 11th 2013, 9:49 am
Banned

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
That's what I got told anyway I have only been working constantly since 2008 ( didn't finish uni until 2007) unless they want me to put my paper rounds in?
Unless you read it on CIC it's rumour and conjecture, unfortunately. You would put down however many jobs you have had within the past 10 years - if you have only worked for 5 years then you can only put that many down. Some people may have been working for 10+ years but will only need to put down 'up to' 10 years. It's just a case of using common sense when filling the forms out.

Old Dec 11th 2013, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

James1984 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can I use my current MyCIC, or will I have to set up a new one for this years IEC?
Old Dec 11th 2013, 2:19 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by James1984
Can I use my current MyCIC, or will I have to set up a new one for this years IEC?
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...ompass.aspx#k8
8. Do I need to open a new IEC account for 2014, or can I use the same account that I created to submit my application for 2013?

You must register and activate a new account for your 2014 application. Your account from last year is no longer active.
Old Dec 11th 2013, 2:29 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...ompass.aspx#k8
8. Do I need to open a new IEC account for 2014, or can I use the same account that I created to submit my application for 2013?

You must register and activate a new account for your 2014 application. Your account from last year is no longer active.
IEC Kompass account and MYCIC are two separate accounts though.... Does it apply to both?

I wonder if you can register a new IEC Kompass account with the same email address. Hmmmm.
Old Dec 11th 2013, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

CRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond repute

I have heard some sources say that you can only submit 3 jobs regarding your work experience in the kompass account. Many people will of course had more than 3 jobs in the last 10 years as evident in their CV.

Does it matter if there is a discrepancy then between the Work Experience in the CV you provide and the section on work in your Kompass account?

Apologies for such a nitpicky question (nerves kicking in)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.