IEC 2014

Old Dec 9th 2013, 10:17 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2014

The title of this thread she read as : IEC 2014 http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...e_demande.aspx
Old Dec 9th 2013, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

Chris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Can you not sign up to internet banking now maybe? You'll no doubt need it when you go to Canada anyway, so it would probably be worth doing and also make applying much easier.

HTH.
Yeah I will get off to my bank tomorrow and ask them some questions, thanks.
Old Dec 9th 2013, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

CRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond repute

It definitely seems very helpful on here as far as I'm concerned. I'm grateful.

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
But chill, take a deep breath, and read the IEC website a few times so that hopefully all becomes clear. The instructions are good and remember there's no trick questions!

With regards to that ^ I would say it's more the unseen demons that strike fear into my heart rather than what it says on the IEC website, that page has been my bible for the best part of 6 months so I think like me many will be well versed and still a little worried/confused.

The real fears getting to the day of application and something goes awry with I.T, or there is some unforeseen bank issue where you can't pay (for example the issue people were having last year with their banks online pages saying there were too many characters in "Canadian high commission") or whatnot.

Either way I'll have a bottle of Whisky close to hand on Thursday to be used whether good or bad outcome!
Old Dec 9th 2013, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

JohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant future

So, let me see if I have this correctly, I have read the site a few times but its always a load off your mind to get confirmation from others that you have read it correctly!

Step 1: IEC Opens and you register for a Kompass Account. You are then emailed with an account number and instructions on how to activate your account.

Step 2: Login to Kompass account and complete the application fully and submit.

Within 48 hours you will be notified if you have a place in the IEC and be directed to pay and upload your required documents.

I believe at this stage you have up to 3 months to complete this?

Step 3: Once the fee is paid and documents are uploaded, your application is complete and the IEC begin your eligibility assessment.

If you meet eligibility requirements the IEC will send a Conditional Letter of Acceptance to your Kompass account.

Step 4: The Conditional Acceptance Letter will direct you to create a MyCIC account to begin your application for a work permit.

CIC assess your eligibility and admissibility for work permit.

If you are successful CIC will post an IMM 5665 Port of Entry Letter of Introduction in your MyCIC account.

And that's that?

All of which assumes you are successful along the way, if not, things pan out slightly differently.

Is this correct?
Old Dec 10th 2013, 2:58 am
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
they also get a two year visa and their quota is meant to be 10,000 this year (source: moving2canada) so I ask myself the same question considering the UK obviously couldn't be bothered to negotiate a higher quota/increase age etc - I have noticed with France, Australia and New Zealand their agreements with Canada are better then ours - sucks to be British!
Which is why you ought to check up on where your relatives were born. If you have a Grandparent born on the island of Ireland (regardless of political situation at the time) then you're eligible for an Irish citizenship and by extension a passport. Even extends to great-grandparents in some situations.

I'd say it would cover more "Brits" than might first seem obvious.

Being born in Northern Ireland I was entitled to British and Irish passports by default but luckily I don't have to worry about this IEC caper anymore. Should my wife and I have a child here in Canada it would likely have 3 citizenships automatically as soon as it's born

Last edited by orly; Dec 10th 2013 at 3:01 am.
Old Dec 10th 2013, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

acrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear this caught me very much off guard.

Quick question regarding police certificate;

- I am applying for my second year IEC.
- my police certificate was printed 16/01/2013
- Can I apply for IEC with this certificate or do I need a new one?
Old Dec 10th 2013, 3:39 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by acrylicus
Oh dear this caught me very much off guard.

Quick question regarding police certificate;

- I am applying for my second year IEC.
- my police certificate was printed 16/01/2013
- Can I apply for IEC with this certificate or do I need a new one?
You will need a new one. Generally, Police certificates can be no older than 3 months when submitted to CIC. You should have time to obtain one as they are not required until the 2nd stage, I believe.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...cert/intro.asp

Old Dec 10th 2013, 3:43 am
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
You will need a new one. Generally, Police certificates can be no older than 3 months when submitted to CIC. You should have time to obtain one as they are not required until the 2nd stage, I believe.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...cert/intro.asp

You be leaf right!
Old Dec 10th 2013, 7:51 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=CRAY;

Either way I'll have a bottle of Whisky close to hand on Thursday to be used whether good or bad outcome![/QUOTE]

Great idea! I think I have a bottle of tequila
Old Dec 10th 2013, 7:57 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by orly
I don't have to worry about this IEC caper anymore.
...but the majority of people on here do, I know the iec was less pressured with the paper documents, I saw my ex do it. This is how it is now though and I'm sure there are others like me who want the 2 years (hopefully all goes well) and then try and get sponsored/ go for PR and will do whatever they can to get it.
Old Dec 10th 2013, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

CRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond repute

Does anybody (I'm thinking of previous applicants) know what the actual content of completing the kompass application is roughly once it's open? How long it takes (providing you have all the docs ready etc), things one might want to find out about themselves beforehand that aren't obvious? etc.
Old Dec 10th 2013, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

JohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant futureJohnDerry has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by CRAY
Does anybody (I'm thinking of previous applicants) know what the actual content of completing the kompass application is roughly once it's open? How long it takes (providing you have all the docs ready etc), things one might want to find out about themselves beforehand that aren't obvious? etc.
The million dollar question!

It would be so reassuring to have someone briefly go through the process and what is required.

I'm helping a younger family member with it all and she is stressed out.

This system seems unnecessarily stressful and mysterious.

Without knowing how indepth the questions on the inital Kompass application are, how is one to prepare?
Old Dec 10th 2013, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JohnDerry
The million dollar question!

It would be so reassuring to have someone briefly go through the process and what is required.

I'm helping a younger family member with it all and she is stressed out.

This system seems unnecessarily stressful and mysterious.

Without knowing how indepth the questions on the inital Kompass application are, how is one to prepare?

Agreed. I'm hoping it's going to be a little like my experience of School and University exams. You stress and prepare the best you can, then when it gets to the night before you lose total faith in yourself and feel unprepared.

Then when you get to the exam people are turning up who don't even have a pen.....or shoes! (it really happened) and suddenly you realise you aren't doing too bad. Fingers crossed.

Old Dec 10th 2013, 8:32 am
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by CRAY
Agreed. I'm hoping it's going to be a little like my experience of School and University exams. You stress and prepare the best you can, then when it gets to the night before you lose total faith in yourself and feel unprepared.

Then when you get to the exam people are turning up who don't even have a pen.....or shoes! (it really happened) and suddenly you realise you aren't doing too bad. Fingers crossed.

You initially just have to worry about the first part, getting the WTN number.

After you get that, you have breathing space for a bit
Old Dec 10th 2013, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

wardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond repute

Passport photocopy, it says I must have a spare blank page other than the back do they need a photocopy of this? Or just for me to have it ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.