Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

I live in Canada with PR, kids now want to come, help!?

I live in Canada with PR, kids now want to come, help!?

Old Apr 19th 2017, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

Cchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I live in Canada with PR, kids now want to come, help!?

This is all so horrible.
Best get some sleep.
Old Apr 19th 2017, 10:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Read these links for a quick overview
Removing children from the jurisdiction

Now substitute men for women providing the same law applies
Children and the law: relocation, holidays and abduction - Rights of WomenRights of Women

or this one
https://www.furleypage.co.uk/persona...-jurisdiction/
Old Apr 19th 2017, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

Cchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
I'm so tired and frustrated with this. I really hope the social workers help me get her written permission.
Old Apr 19th 2017, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

I think if the social workers/police/lawyer are working on it, maybe they will arrange the written permission you need. What does the lawyer say?
Old Apr 19th 2017, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

The social worker is the one who wants stuff to move fast. The Solicitor is saying wait for a response, the police are on holiday and not returning the passports.
Old Apr 19th 2017, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds to me as if you will have to wait a bit till there is liaison between the agencies.

Get some sleep and come to it with a clear head in the morning.

This is a forum: we only know what you've told us. No one except you knows the whole situation. Be guided by your professionals and what the Canadian government requires in these situations.

Last edited by Snowy560; Apr 19th 2017 at 10:34 pm.
Old Apr 19th 2017, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

I cant stay much longer or i'll go bankrupt. The Social workers wont deal with the Solicitors at this point. Sleep time for me. Its late here and im up early. And we all know how sleeping in cheap hotels is!
Old Apr 20th 2017, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Just do be careful.

Before I married my 2nd husband I took my son from my first marriage, my son from my then fiancé and my Mum to Albania on a day trip from Corfu.
At passport control they stopped us as we all had different names (I had gone back to my maiden name). I had to convince them that the boys were mine but I had zero proof that they were!! It was a scary moment but at least I could have called the fathers up if I had needed to.
Don't think "I'll risk it", you could jeopardize your and the kids futures!
Old Apr 20th 2017, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Last year, one of our department heads at work lost a £10k holiday in South Africa; he's divorced, and was going for two weeks with his kids and new wife. His old wife was fine with it. But they had no paperwork. Got to the airport, were refused boarding. Went to Germany instead.

It doesn't matter what the intricacies of your family life are. If you're travelling internationally with children and not an exact set of 2 parents, expect there to be either paperwork or problems. The joint problems of child abduction and forced marriages are making most (western) countries much hotter on this.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vulcanoid
Last year, one of our department heads at work lost a £10k holiday in South Africa; he's divorced, and was going for two weeks with his kids and new wife. His old wife was fine with it. But they had no paperwork. Got to the airport, were refused boarding. Went to Germany instead.

It doesn't matter what the intricacies of your family life are. If you're travelling internationally with children and not an exact set of 2 parents, expect there to be either paperwork or problems. The joint problems of child abduction and forced marriages are making most (western) countries much hotter on this.
Think it must be easier to take a child without permission if everybody has the same surname though. My ex took the boys regularly to France with 2nd wife and no questions were ever asked as it was assumed it was father, mother and kids. He didn't have my permission in writing.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DandNHill
Think it must be easier to take a child without permission if everybody has the same surname though. My ex took the boys regularly to France with 2nd wife and no questions were ever asked as it was assumed it was father, mother and kids. He didn't have my permission in writing.
That probably helps and I wouldn't be surprised if it's easier to travel in Europe, for the moment/recent past (like that boss who went to Germany when SA refused travel) - but if there's obviously a family 'situation' and kids are being taken to a completely different jurisdiction the other side of the world, I think airlines are very cautious about inadvertently being party to something.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 2:19 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cchris
I cant stay much longer or i'll go bankrupt. The Social workers wont deal with the Solicitors at this point. Sleep time for me. Its late here and im up early. And we all know how sleeping in cheap hotels is!
Maybe ask you lawyer about making an emergency application to the court for permission to remove. Supported by the social worker and with the information you state on here, this would seem the most straightforward way ahead.

If a person has mental health issues, it can impact their capacity to enter into a valid agreement and may give grounds to dispute the agreement in the future if they recover from these issues. If they are being pressured to enter into an agreement, by perhaps the police, or social worker, this would be another cause for concern. This is only my take on it, a lawyer is going to be best placed to give you sound advice.

I appreciate how stressful the court system can be. I hope this comes together for you and your children in a satisfactory and timely way. Twenty years down the road, it is just a blink in time.

Last edited by Aviator; Apr 20th 2017 at 2:58 pm.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 2:32 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Call your lawyer *TO* make an emergency application? I think? Just clarifying in case the 'not' gets misinterpreted.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

CanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DandNHill
I agree with this. While I had the proof, I once took my neice abroad with my partner and me and my neice have the same surname, never asked for anything.
Old May 16th 2017, 3:05 am
Forum Regular

So I have my kids here until late August, we arrived back on Saturday and have return tickets for 23rd August. Immigration didn't ask to see any documentation, they merely asked my 14 yr old if her mum knew she was visiting!

So, I intend to have sole parental responsibility, if my ex doesn't agree to give this within about 20 days my lawyer will be pursuing a temporary relocation order until a final decision is made, he seems extremely confident if it goes to court that we will win. So with the kids already in Canada, if a temporary relocation order is given/my ex agrees to permanent relocation without court proceedings, how do I register their intent to reside with me with CIC. From within Canada or from the UK?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.