Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

I got this message from CIC and dont know what does it mean

I got this message from CIC and dont know what does it mean

Old Sep 19th 2017, 12:13 am
BE Enthusiast

KenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really nice
Default I got this message from CIC and dont know what does it mean

Hi
I just got this letter from CIC
apparently they are asking for more info
Note I replaced my wife (the main applicant)'s full name with XXXXXXXXXXXXX for privacy

First, I really dont understand what do they mean by
1109426338 - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

is this a form or what?!

Second we already provided the travel history for every single trip in the last 10 years as part of the application we already submitted, for both of us ( we dont have children above 18)
so why do they ask for it again in a form?

are we doing anything wrong?

I dont want our application to be reject for lack of info but we gave them all the info already

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX,
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the
review of your application, we require the following documents:
- 1109426338 - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:
- Travel History Info Form: Information on your previous travel history (trip duration and purpose)
including citizenship and resident document information.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/IMM5562E.pdf
Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account by 2017/09/25
Please note:
The above information/documents must be received within 7 days from the date of this
correspondence. If this deadline is not met, your application will be assessed based on the information
that was provided with your application and your application could be refused.
If the documents are not already in English or French, all documents must be accompanied by English or
French translations by certified translators. When original documents are requested, you must upload the
original documents to MyCIC. We do not accept copies signed by notaries.
For more information on permanent residence in Canada, please visit our web site at:
Immigrate to Canada.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
Old Sep 19th 2017, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I got this message from CIC and dont know what does it mean

Originally Posted by KenA
Hi
I just got this letter from CIC
apparently they are asking for more info
Note I replaced my wife (the main applicant)'s full name with XXXXXXXXXXXXX for privacy

First, I really dont understand what do they mean by
1109426338 - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

is this a form or what?!
The first number will be her UCI (the number IRCC knows her by). The XXXXXXs are where you replaced her name.

Second we already provided the travel history for every single trip in the last 10 years as part of the application we already submitted, for both of us ( we dont have children above 18)
so why do they ask for it again in a form?

are we doing anything wrong?

I dont want our application to be reject for lack of info but we gave them all the info already

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX,
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the
review of your application, we require the following documents:
- 1109426338 - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:
- Travel History Info Form: Information on your previous travel history (trip duration and purpose)
including citizenship and resident document information.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/IMM5562E.pdf
Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account by 2017/09/25
Please note:
The above information/documents must be received within 7 days from the date of this
correspondence. If this deadline is not met, your application will be assessed based on the information
that was provided with your application and your application could be refused.
If the documents are not already in English or French, all documents must be accompanied by English or
French translations by certified translators. When original documents are requested, you must upload the
original documents to MyCIC. We do not accept copies signed by notaries.
For more information on permanent residence in Canada, please visit our web site at:
Immigrate to Canada.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
I seem to recall some of the economic streams ask for travel history? Not sure, as spousal doesn't. For whatever reason, they've decided they're unhappy with what you've provided - maybe you and she have different trips listed one of which was 'honeymoon', or maybe they don't line up with passport stamps, or maybe they just misread something.

It's not unheard of (or even that unusual) to re-request information already provided, or ask for the impossible (they asked me for evidence that my Sponsor "resides in Canada" - not intends to - on an outland common law app, where the entire thing screamed that we lived together in Britain). Just fill in the form entirely and accurately, and hopefully you'll hear nothing further from it. If there's a problem, you'll get a Procedural fairness letter, explaining their concerns.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 12:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

I got a very similar letter for my wife when applying for PR even though all the data was there. I think it is used as a delaying tactic so they can move you 7 days down the line.

Just fill it in again and re-submit. Its annoying but its a sign at least they are looking at it.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 1:01 am
BE Enthusiast

KenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really nice

Thanks Vulcanoid

Thanks Engineer_abroad

did you need to upload the stamps on your old passports too?
Old Sep 19th 2017, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

No I don't think so at least we didn't bother we just uploaded the form with all the data filled out
Old Sep 19th 2017, 3:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

It's also asking for " . . . citizenship and resident document information"
Old Sep 19th 2017, 3:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Snowy560, I have gave them my current passport,
but maybe because I have dual citizenship then I may need to provide my other passport info ?!!
Old Sep 19th 2017, 4:55 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KenA
Snowy560, I have gave them my current passport,
but maybe because I have dual citizenship then I may need to provide my other passport info ?!!
Are they asking for your information or the principal applicants (your wife)? Did you provide the information required for both of you or just her (or yourself)?
Old Sep 19th 2017, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Form IMM5562 takes account of the whole family and that's the form which is what IRCC is requesting. And note Citizenship Resident documentation information is also being requested by IRCC.

Last edited by Snowy560; Sep 19th 2017 at 7:36 pm.