HRSDC LMO Timeline

Old Apr 30th 2007, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HRSDC LMO Timeline

1) Provincial office where applied: ALBERTA
2) Date when application was POSTED: Faxed on 27th April
3) Date when they recieved the application: same day
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? Not yet
5) Date when decision made or recieved? Not yet
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted?
OUTSIDE

Just gone in, not online as we requested from our employers. We will do work permit application over weekend and send off around 6th May to run concurrently

Gryphea
Old Apr 30th 2007, 9:50 am

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can any of you fellow thread posters tell me what website you find Occupations under pressure. My OH is a car mechanic - does this count. I had email from a placement agency today to say that they could find us an employer who would sponsor us no problem and would we be interested in working in a small town. Said whole process would take two to three months. We are afraid to get our hopes up though.

Would agreeing to a small town location be wise as we know you have to stay in the first job until PR is granted.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alison Annett
Can any of you fellow thread posters tell me what website you find Occupations under pressure. My OH is a car mechanic - does this count. I had email from a placement agency today to say that they could find us an employer who would sponsor us no problem and would we be interested in working in a small town. Said whole process would take two to three months. We are afraid to get our hopes up though.

Would agreeing to a small town location be wise as we know you have to stay in the first job until PR is granted.
Hi Alison

HRDSC have a page about occupations under pressure see here

About the "small town" all depends what you guys want - you have to remember that with the larger places (Calgary, Van and Toronto) comes higher property costs .

A matter for you to think about that if you go over on your hubby's skill is he the correct skill level for you to get a spousal open work permit - as without a WP in your right you are not allowed to work. But the link about should give you some idea as to all of this just have a proper good look around it hun

Gaynor
x
Old Apr 30th 2007, 10:58 am

Gaynor,
Great news for us, OH has the right level of skill for me to go on a Spousal open WP and his occupation is on the under pressure list - although after looking on the site you linked me to, most professions under the sun seem to be on there.
As usual you are a fount of knowledge and the site is very helpful.
We would like to live in a small town as long as its not out in the wild with the grizzlies etc.
I suppose house prices and cost of living would be better although wages might reflect this too.

Thanks once again
Alison.
x
Old Apr 30th 2007, 10:22 pm

I cant believe it we only emailed employers on Saturday night and OH has got a job offer from a firm in Calgary called Auto-Mann on 9-1115 48th Avenue SE. Does anyone out there know of it. They repair British sports cars, MGs Minis etc and it is owned and run by a Scotsman!
OH spoke to him tonight on phone and he is sending out the job offer.
MR MANN seemed to think that we had to apply for next stage from UK but after reading CIC website and this forum I thought after we accepted job offer that he had to apply for the LMO and once accepted we applied then for TW visa.
Please help!!
Old Apr 30th 2007, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to behold

Hi

Yes the employer needs to apply for the LMO and if positive LMO received you then need to apply for the work permit.

Goodluck
Old Apr 30th 2007, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alison Annett
I cant believe it we only emailed employers on Saturday night and OH has got a job offer from a firm in Calgary called Auto-Mann on 9-1115 48th Avenue SE. Does anyone out there know of it. They repair British sports cars, MGs Minis etc and it is owned and run by a Scotsman!
OH spoke to him tonight on phone and he is sending out the job offer.
MR MANN seemed to think that we had to apply for next stage from UK but after reading CIC website and this forum I thought after we accepted job offer that he had to apply for the LMO and once accepted we applied then for TW visa.
Please help!!
Hi Alison

You are right.

The LMO must be applied for by the employer - you have nothing to do with this until you have the positive decision in your hand and then it is you who goes and applies for the WP at either London or at your POE (Port of Entry).

If this guy is like the little garages that we have in the UK then he probably doesnt realise that he has to apply for the LMO and you should point this out to him. He doesnt have to apply in writing as far as I know as they now offer an on line application - which is on the link I gave you earlier.

Good luck explaining all of this to the littles scotman - you would be surprised how little people living in Canada for say over 10 years actually realise about their own countries immigration laws.

Gaynor
x
Old Apr 30th 2007, 10:38 pm

He actually has two people already working for him on TW so we were a bit surprised that he was questioning the correct procedure. He did point out though that if OH took job he would have to stay with his firm until TW ran out -but we already knew this, so he must know something of the process.
Thanks for helping once again.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

gleech has a spectacular aura aboutgleech has a spectacular aura aboutgleech has a spectacular aura about

Hi Allison,

Tell your husband employer to quickly post an advertisement on jobbank, since the occupation is listed under pressure, the ads should run for only 7days before employer can apply for LMO.

I'm waiting for my LMO in Alberta(SE Calgary), for 9weeks already.

you can find my LMO timeline on first page.

Erick
Old May 8th 2007, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

schumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really nice

I HOPE THIS HELPS ANYONE ELSE

Originally Posted by gleech
Hi for the benefit of those applying and will apply for LMO, these do post your LMO timeline. My LMO is still in process in Alberta. Please follow the format or if you have someting to add, please do so and repost the format.

PLEASE DO POST EVEN IF YOU HAVE APPLIED AND WERE SUCCESSFUL OR GOT REJECTED please it will help others:

1) Provincial office where applied: SASKATOON, SASK
2) Date when application was POSTED: BY HAND ON FRIDAY 13TH !! APRIL 20073) Date when they recieved the application:
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? NOTHING YET AS OF TUESDAY MAY 8TH 2007
5) Date when decision made or recieved?
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? INSIDE CANADA

thanks
Erick
Old May 15th 2007, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

MiddleOfNowhere is a jewel in the roughMiddleOfNowhere is a jewel in the roughMiddleOfNowhere is a jewel in the roughMiddleOfNowhere is a jewel in the rough

1) Provincial office where appliedon't know - Company HQ in Alberta. My job is in Ontario
2) Date when application was POSTED:11/04/07
3) Date when they recieved the application:?
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? 14/05/07 They wanted to know if I was qualified to do the job (registered with the licensing body) - Why are they asking that question? It's a LMO application not a WP application!
5) Date when decision made or recieved? ?
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Outside

Cheers

Steve
Old May 15th 2007, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

woodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to all

Any ideas how long for BC. We applied on 25th April 07.
Thanks.
Old May 24th 2007, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

lilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant future

Here is our timeline.

1) Provincial office where applied:PEI (we think) That's where the job is
2) Date when application was POSTED:25/2/07
3) Date when they received the application: 26/02/07
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them?None
5) Date when decision made or received? 08/03/07
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted?We left PEI the same day it was applied for.

OUR WORK PERMIT LETTER CAME TODAY !!!!

Flights now booked for next Friday, House should complete the following Monday.

Very happy bunny.

Good luck for you all waiting , it does happen eventually !!!!
Old May 24th 2007, 8:17 am

Congratulations - record time. I hope ours happens so quickly in Saskatchewan.
Enjoy your landing and new life. We have neighbours who immigrated to a farm to PEI years ago and they love it and wont even come back here for holidays - so I hope you enjoy it as much.
Old May 24th 2007, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

scottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant future

1) Provincial office where applied: ALBERTA
2) Date when application was DELIVERED BY HAND on 8th May
3) Date when they recieved the application: same day
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? Not yet
5) Date when decision made or recieved? Not yet
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted?
OUTSIDE

Scott.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.