HRSDC LMO Timeline

Old Apr 10th 2007, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

gleech has a spectacular aura aboutgleech has a spectacular aura aboutgleech has a spectacular aura about
Default HRSDC LMO Timeline

Hi for the benefit of those applying and will apply for LMO, these do post your LMO timeline. My LMO is still in process in Alberta. Please follow the format or if you have someting to add, please do so and repost the format.

PLEASE DO POST EVEN IF YOU HAVE APPLIED AND WERE SUCCESSFUL OR GOT REJECTED please it will help others:

1) Provincial office where applied:
2) Date when application was POSTED:
3) Date when they recieved the application:
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them?
5) Date when decision made or recieved?
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted?

thanks
Erick
Old Apr 10th 2007, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

gleech has a spectacular aura aboutgleech has a spectacular aura aboutgleech has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: HRSDC LMO Timeline

I'll start,

1) Provincial office where applied: Alberta
2) Date when application was POSTED: March 2, 2007
3) Date when they recieved the application: March 2, 2007
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? none so far
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Outside
Old Apr 11th 2007, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gleech
I'll start,

1) Provincial office where applied: Alberta
2) Date when application was POSTED: March 2, 2007
3) Date when they recieved the application: March 2, 2007
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? none so far
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Outside
1. Alberta
2. 22nd August 2006
3. 22nd August 2006
4. No Correspondence received from HRSDC
5. Positive LMO received 9th Nov 2006
6. Outside Canada
7. Arrived in canada 2nd Dec 2006, WP obtained at POE
Old Apr 11th 2007, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

thanks sarahad for posting your LMO timeline.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

daveh123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

My, hopefully, new employer has applied for LMO for me in Alberta around January this year. He is still waiting for news back. Is often that the applications get rejected for whatever reason? If it is an occupation that they are short of employees should there be any issues obtaining an LMO?
Thanks,
Dave.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by daveh123
Hi,

My, hopefully, new employer has applied for LMO for me in Alberta around January this year. He is still waiting for news back. Is often that the applications get rejected for whatever reason? If it is an occupation that they are short of employees should there be any issues obtaining an LMO?
Thanks,
Dave.
Dave,

does your employer received any correspondence from Service Canada?

Erick
Old Apr 11th 2007, 4:43 pm
Jedi

andrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond repute

1) Provincial office where applied: Winnipeg, MB
2) Date when application was POSTED: September 1, 2006
3) Date when they recieved the application: September 5, 2006
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? After one week, officer called to ask employer to increase the salary offered.
5) Date when decision made or recieved? September 24, 2006
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Inside
Old Apr 11th 2007, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

Not sure.
I don't really know much about the process.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

Thanks,
Dave.

Hi Dave
Waiting for the LMO feels like a life time... I remember it well!! Just hang on in there and hopefully you will hear soon. Your employer could try and contact someone at HRSDC just to confirm application was received ok, as I do know of someone on this forum who waited weeks and weeks and then it turned out they had not received application.
As ours was a positive LMO I am not 100% sure on all the possible reasons for LMO being rejected. I know that job has to have been advertised enough within Canada with no response as this shows you are not taking a job from a Canadian. Salary also has to be competetive, ie same as what a canadian would be paid.
Our LMO took about 13 weeks, so when you hear of others getting theirs in just a couple of weeks you start to panic!

Goodluck
Old Apr 11th 2007, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

Not sure.
I don't really know much about the process.
last week, I called the Service Canada in Edmonton to follow-up our LMO Application, but the call center reps did not give me any information, they will only disclose information to my employer only. I already informed my employer about this but he's on vacation and will be back this week.

I think you should tell your employer to call the Service Canada to follow-up your application.

Erick
Old Apr 11th 2007, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Sarah/Erick

I emailed my employer the other day. He said he will try and contact HRSDC this week. Hopefully we might get some positive news!
Old Apr 11th 2007, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Sarahad is right, we just have to wait and pray hard.

Andrew is kinda lucky that the officer called them to increase the salaray, if you've read the story of pete66 about his LMO, Service Canada denied his LMO application because of salary but eventually issued a positive LMO because SErvice Canada made a mistake.

With my application, I've researched and everything seems to be fine from salary to advertisement (my occupation is listed under Occupation Under Pressure in Alberta so advertisement is only 7days.)
Old Apr 11th 2007, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gleech
Sarahad is right, we just have to wait and pray hard.

Andrew is kinda lucky that the officer called them to increase the salaray, if you've read the story of pete66 about his LMO, Service Canada denied his LMO application because of salary but eventually issued a positive LMO because SErvice Canada made a mistake.

With my application, I've researched and everything seems to be fine from salary to advertisement (my occupation is listed under Occupation Under Pressure in Alberta so advertisement is only 7days.)
Oh gleech - your story is frightening me. Company is about to apply for an LMO in an occupation under pressure in Alberta and I was under the impression it would take 1-3 weeks! How misguided am I?
Old Apr 11th 2007, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

sorry gryphea, i dont intend to freighten you, well my LMO application is already 6weeks this coming friday. I think Alberta has the longest processing time for LMO. I'll update this thread if there is something new about my Application.

Erick
Old Apr 11th 2007, 6:40 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

LMO App to Services Canada in New Brunswick day 1
Received by employer day 3

But then, it ain't as busy a place as Alberta !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.