How to sponsor my wife?

Old Feb 18th 2001, 3:18 am
Witalisek

My wife (not then yet) came to Canada as visitor in 1998. She have extended hare visa
twice. Then applied for new one from Buffalo office. She got one, but no one had made
entry in passport. Now I was told that hare visa is invalid. We got married in February
2000, got child. Now how I can sponsor my wife, should we apply first for visitor visa or
go for sponsorship? Where to send papers? (we are in Toronto). Any help will be
appreciated.
Note: I have Canadian Citizenship

Thank You
B.D.Walewski
Note: To respond by e-mail write to: [email protected]

Old Feb 18th 2001, 4:05 am
Andrew Miller

To be allowed to apply from within Canada your wife must have a valid visitor status at
all times while here. When her visa was issued in Buffalo and when did she enter Canada
with that visa? You may contact me directly for assistance.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending an email)

>
> My wife (not then yet) came to Canada as visitor in 1998. She have extended hare visa
> twice. Then applied for new one from Buffalo office. She got one, but no one had made
> entry in passport. Now I was told that hare visa is invalid. We got married in February
> 2000, got child. Now how I can sponsor my wife, should we apply first for visitor visa
> or go for sponsorship? Where to send papers? (we are in Toronto). Any help will be
> appreciated.
> Note: I have Canadian Citizenship
>
> Thank You
> B.D.Walewski
> Note: To respond by e-mail write to: [email protected]

Old Feb 18th 2001, 7:44 pm
WebImmigration.Com

Hi:

You may want to immediately consider applying to sponsor your wife within Canada. Your
application must be submitted to CPC in Vegreville, Alberta. Once her application is
submitted, you must immediately apply for an extension of her visitor visa. Your wife will
most likely be fined for being in Canada without status. However, once there is an
indication that you have applied to sponsor her within Canada, the Immigration Officer
will most likely adjust and extend her stay in Canada so that she is no longer in Canada
without status.

For more information on spousal sponsorships within Canada go to www.webimmigration.com

Yours truly, Ingrid Y. Chen, B.A., LL.B.

>
> My wife (not then yet) came to Canada as visitor in 1998. She have extended hare visa
> twice. Then applied for new one from Buffalo office. She got one, but no one had made
> entry in passport. Now I was told that hare visa is invalid. We got married in February
> 2000, got child. Now how I can sponsor my wife, should we apply first for visitor visa
> or go for sponsorship? Where to send papers? (we are in Toronto). Any help will be
> appreciated.
>
> Thank You
> B.D.Walewski

Old Feb 19th 2001, 2:12 am
Witalisek

Visitor visa in Buffalo was issued 05/24/99. Passport was send to Toronto with visa,
therefore was no note of entry in Passport. We was unable to extend visa, because of it.
Now my wife has no status, therefore I'm not sure of the best way of getting out of this
situation. Should we apply to Buffalo for new visitor visa? If yes, will be able my wife
to travel there and come back to Canada? or Should we apply for Landed Immigrant status to
Buffalo office?
Note: as you can see, her visitor status expired, and will be difficult to extend visa
which expired 12/31/1999.

Thank you
B.D.Walewski e-mail: [email protected]

Andrew Miller wrote:

> To be allowed to apply from within Canada your wife must have a valid visitor status at
> all times while here. When her visa was issued in Buffalo and when did she enter Canada
> with that visa? --
>
>
> > My wife (not then yet) came to Canada as visitor in 1998. She have extended hare visa
> > twice. Then applied for new one from Buffalo office. She got one, but no one had made
> > entry in passport. Now I was told that hare visa is invalid. We got married in
> > February 2000, got child. Now how I can sponsor my wife, should we apply first for
> > visitor visa or go for sponsorship? Where to send papers? (we are in Toronto). Any
> > help will be appreciated.
> > Note: I have Canadian Citizenship
> >
> > Thank You
> > B.D.Walewski
> > Note: To respond by e-mail write to: [email protected]

Old Feb 19th 2001, 2:42 am
Andrew Miller

It is pretty long time since last visa was issued and it is hard to understand why you
have wasted that much time doing nothing.

Only person with valid visitor status may apply to extend his/her stay in Canada.

Persons who were originally admitted as visitors may have ceased to be visitors
and, consequently, are no longer eligible to apply. A person ceases to be a visitor
when he/she:

a) fails to comply with any term or condition under which he/she is authorized to remain
in Canada;

b) attends an educational institution or engages in employment in Canada without having
been authorized to do so;

c) remains in Canada for a period of time greater than that for which he/she is authorized
to remain;

Note: A visitor is not authorized to remain in Canada for a period beyond three months
from the day on which he/she was granted entry unless he/she has been authorized to
do so in writing by either an immigration officer or an adjudicator, unless a longer
period of time is prescribed by regulations.

d) has been issued a departure notice and the date on or before which he/she must leave
Canada has passed;

e) has been ordered deported and the order has not been stayed or quashed.

Now your wife should leave Canada and apply for PR status from abroad. You may try to
apply for Minister's Permit allowing her to remain in Canada in order to be able to apply
for PR status from within Canada - but chances for such Permit are very slim unless you
have a good explanation why the matter has not been taken care of properly in due time.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending an email)

> Visitor visa in Buffalo was issued 05/24/99. Passport was send to Toronto
with
> visa, therefore was no note of entry in Passport. We was unable to extend visa,
> because of it.
Now
> my wife has no status, therefore I'm not sure of the best way of getting out
of
> this situation. Should we apply to Buffalo for new visitor visa? If yes, will be
> able my wife
to
> travel there and come back to Canada? or Should we apply for Landed Immigrant status to
> Buffalo office?
> Note: as you can see, her visitor status expired, and will be difficult to extend visa
> which expired 12/31/1999.
>
> Thank you
> B.D.Walewski e-mail: [email protected]
>
> Andrew Miller wrote:
>
> > To be allowed to apply from within Canada your wife must have a valid
visitor
> > status at all times while here. When her visa was issued in Buffalo and
when
> > did she enter Canada with that visa? --
> >
> >
> > > My wife (not then yet) came to Canada as visitor in 1998. She have extended hare
> > > visa twice. Then applied for new one from Buffalo office. She got one, but no one
> > > had made entry in passport. Now I was told that hare visa is invalid. We got married
> > > in February 2000, got child. Now how I can sponsor my wife, should we apply first
> > > for visitor visa or go for sponsorship? Where to send papers? (we are in Toronto).
> > > Any help will be appreciated.
> > > Note: I have Canadian Citizenship
> > >
> > > Thank You
> > > B.D.Walewski
> > > Note: To respond by e-mail write to: [email protected]
> >

Old Feb 19th 2001, 2:59 am
Andrew Miller

> > To be allowed to apply from within Canada your wife must have a valid
visitor
> > status at all times while here. When her visa was issued in Buffalo and
when
> > did she enter Canada with that visa? --
> >
> >
> > > My wife (not then yet) came to Canada as visitor in 1998. She have extended hare
> > > visa twice. Then applied for new one from Buffalo office. She got one, but no one
> > > had made entry in passport. Now I was told that hare visa is invalid. We got married
> > > in February 2000, got child. Now how I can sponsor my wife, should we apply first
> > > for visitor visa or go for sponsorship? Where to send papers? (we are in Toronto).
> > > Any help will be appreciated.
> > > Note: I have Canadian Citizenship
> > >
> > > Thank You
> > > B.D.Walewski
> > > Note: To respond by e-mail write to: [email protected]
> >

Old Feb 19th 2001, 3:40 am
Witalisek

Thank you for response, but you are telling me what I already know, that her status has
expired. Question is, what can we do now? We didn't know that my wife will need entry
stamp in passport in order to her visa be valid. Her passport was sand by mail to
Toronto, Canada. This made whole situation very strange. She could not get entry stamp
... because she was already in ... Canada. Yes, Yes, Yes, I know that her visa is not
valid. We found it out when we was trying to extend this visa. Mid time, my at that time
girlfriend, got pregnant, but I didn't finalized my divorce (I was separated in 1993). I
didn't want to get separated with my girlfriend, and this is why she stayed in Canada.
Finally we were able to get married in February 2000. Our daughter was born in May/2000.
Do you think applying for minister permit is the only way? or application to Buffalo
office have any chance?

Thank You
B.D.Walewski

C.LASSOTA & Associates wrote:

> Now your wife should leave Canada and apply for PR status from abroad. You may try to
> apply for Minister's Permit allowing her to remain in Canada in order to be able to
> apply for PR status from within Canada - but chances for such Permit are very slim
> unless you have a good explanation why the matter has not been taken care of properly in
> due time.

Andrew Miller wrote:

> Now your wife should leave Canada and apply for PR status from abroad. You may try to
> apply for Minister's Permit allowing her to remain in Canada in order to be able to
> apply for PR status from within Canada - but chances for such Permit are very slim
> unless you have a good explanation why the matter has not been taken care of properly in
> due time.
>
> --
>
> ../..
>
> Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
> [email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before sending
> an email)
> ________________________________
>

> > Visitor visa in Buffalo was issued 05/24/99. Passport was send to Toronto
> with
> > visa, therefore was no note of entry in Passport. We was unable to extend visa,
> > because of it.
> Now
> > my wife has no status, therefore I'm not sure of the best way of getting out
> of
> > this situation. Should we apply to Buffalo for new visitor visa? If yes, will be able
> > my wife
> to
> > travel there and come back to Canada? or Should we apply for Landed Immigrant status
> > to Buffalo office?
> > Note: as you can see, her visitor status expired, and will be difficult to extend visa
> > which expired 12/31/1999.
> >
> > Thank you
> > B.D.Walewski e-mail: [email protected]
> >
> > Andrew Miller wrote:
> >
> > > To be allowed to apply from within Canada your wife must have a valid
> visitor
> > > status at all times while here. When her visa was issued in Buffalo and
> when
> > > did she enter Canada with that visa? --
> > >
> > >
> > > > My wife (not then yet) came to Canada as visitor in 1998. She have extended hare
> > > > visa twice. Then applied for new one from Buffalo office. She got one, but no one
> > > > had made entry in passport. Now I was told that hare visa is invalid. We got
> > > > married in February 2000, got child. Now how I can sponsor my wife, should we
> > > > apply first for visitor visa or go for sponsorship? Where to send papers? (we are
> > > > in Toronto). Any help will be appreciated.
> > > > Note: I have Canadian Citizenship
> > > >
> > > > Thank You
> > > > B.D.Walewski
> > > > Note: To respond by e-mail write to: [email protected]
> > > >

Old Feb 19th 2001, 7:38 am
A. H. Al-Saadi

First: your wife has committed a minor violation of the Immigration Act. She must
reinstate her visitor status in Canada by submitting a request to CPC in Vegreville,
Alberta.The fine for such minor violation is CA$200.

Second: In her request to Vegreville, your wife should ask for 6 months extension.
Vegreville would either ask her to leave Canada within a specified time limit or extend
her visitor status.

Third: If Vergreville's decision is favourable, lunch your family sponsorship on
Humanitarian & Compassionate Grounds.

Good luck
--
A. H. Al-Saadi http://www.arabimmigration.com

>
> twice. Then applied for new one from Buffalo
office.
> She got one, but no one had made entry in passport. Now I was told
that
> hare visa is invalid. We got married in February 2000, got child.
Now
> how I can sponsor my wife, should we apply first for visitor visa or
go
> for sponsorship? Where to send papers? (we are in Toronto). Any help will be
> appreciated.
>
> Thank You
> B.D.Walewski

Old Feb 19th 2001, 12:54 pm
James Metcalfe

I think the only respondent to get it right was our friends at Webimmigration.

Do not file a resumption of status request it will likely be denied and she will get a
removal order before you know it. File a spousal application for landing to Vegreville and
eventually immigration will catch up to her being out of status. Chances appear good that
she will be approved based on a long term relationship and a Canadian child. Check out
www.cic.gc.ca for info on this.

Jim Metcalfe, Consultant and former visa officer

>
> appreciated.
>
> Thank You
> B.D.Walewski