Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

how long to get passport back from London?

how long to get passport back from London?

Old May 25th 2006, 2:34 am
Forum Regular

Daveyboy_The_Red has much to be proud ofDaveyboy_The_Red has much to be proud ofDaveyboy_The_Red has much to be proud ofDaveyboy_The_Red has much to be proud ofDaveyboy_The_Red has much to be proud ofDaveyboy_The_Red has much to be proud ofDaveyboy_The_Red has much to be proud ofDaveyboy_The_Red has much to be proud ofDaveyboy_The_Red has much to be proud ofDaveyboy_The_Red has much to be proud ofDaveyboy_The_Red has much to be proud of
Default how long to get passport back from London?

as it says above!

I'm expecting passport request anytime now and wonder how long they take to send it back and is it best to post/courier or take up personally?

Many thanks
Old May 25th 2006, 4:11 am
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how long to get passport back from London?

Originally Posted by Daveyboy_The_Red
as it says above!

I'm expecting passport request anytime now and wonder how long they take to send it back and is it best to post/courier or take up personally?

Many thanks
Mine took about 20 days I believe, but i was already in canada I sent it via Canada post and they sent it back via reg mail. good luck.
Old May 25th 2006, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

mctunes is just really nicemctunes is just really nicemctunes is just really nicemctunes is just really nicemctunes is just really nicemctunes is just really nicemctunes is just really nicemctunes is just really nice

I believe that if you take them personally, you can pick them up two weeks later (Thursday is passport day, IIRC).

Just out of curiosity, what is your timeline, and what makes you think you'll be getting them anytime now?

HTH,

Mike.
Old May 25th 2006, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

Daveyboy_The_Red has much to be proud ofDaveyboy_The_Red has much to be proud ofDaveyboy_The_Red has much to be proud ofDaveyboy_The_Red has much to be proud ofDaveyboy_The_Red has much to be proud ofDaveyboy_The_Red has much to be proud ofDaveyboy_The_Red has much to be proud ofDaveyboy_The_Red has much to be proud ofDaveyboy_The_Red has much to be proud ofDaveyboy_The_Red has much to be proud ofDaveyboy_The_Red has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mctunes
I believe that if you take them personally, you can pick them up two weeks later (Thursday is passport day, IIRC).

Just out of curiosity, what is your timeline, and what makes you think you'll be getting them anytime now?

HTH,

Mike.

Utter optamism thats all!!!!

if i dropped my passport off would someone else be able to pick it up for me?

my timeline as follows;

application couriered to missisauga 12th March
received at missisauga 14th March
started processing 21st April
Decision made 21st April
London began processing 2nd May

so going by other folks timelines i am expecting PPR anytime from the next week or so to about August...!
Old May 25th 2006, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

We found posting it within the UK was faster than taking it down in person (plus cheaper!).

I believe we posted the passport on the Monday and had it back about 9 days later (including weekends). We sent a self-addressed, pre-paid special delivery envelope for them to use to return it, which they did.
Old May 26th 2006, 2:51 am
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
We found posting it within the UK was faster than taking it down in person (plus cheaper!).

I believe we posted the passport on the Monday and had it back about 9 days later (including weekends). We sent a self-addressed, pre-paid special delivery envelope for them to use to return it, which they did.
We did the same and had ours returned in 12 days.
Old May 26th 2006, 7:46 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

We posted ours. Back in 8 days and avoided the London bombings at the same time! So glad to be out.
Old May 26th 2006, 8:05 am
Just Joined

Paul Freeman is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: how long to get passport back from London?

as it says above!

Many thanks
We took ours personally last week - the CHC is only open for this on a Thursday afternoon between 2 and 3.30pm and you drop them one week and pick them up two Thursdays later. It was pretty painless - I arrived at 1.30pm and was third in the queue and in and out in 15 mins. It's a long way to go for a few minutes if you're not pretty local to London, but we made a day of it and will do the same going back next week - a good excuse for a night out in London to celebrate visas! Probably easier to post, but personally we are fed up with waiting for the postman by this point!
Good luck!
Old May 26th 2006, 9:55 am
You ROCK!!!

Rock God is on a distinguished road

Posted ours off to London from Devon, special delivery, on May 10th. Got them back yesterday, May 25. They also sent a RPRF refund request letter so there's more fun on the way...
Old May 26th 2006, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

Osteopath is on a distinguished road

Utter optamism thats all!!!!

if i dropped my passport off would someone else be able to pick it up for me?

my timeline as follows;

application couriered to missisauga 12th March
received at missisauga 14th March
started processing 21st April
Decision made 21st April
London began processing 2nd May

so going by other folks timelines i am expecting PPR anytime from the next week or so to about August...!
London processing 3rd March
Decision arrived 26th May