On our way yippee

Old Mar 18th 2008, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

sandy64 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile On our way yippee

Hey everyone,

Just got word to go for medicals on 28th March. Any idea how long it will take to get our PR? Really excited now.

Wee Glasgow mum
Old Mar 18th 2008, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

shahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really nice
Default Re: On our way yippee

Hi Sandy

Great news on the medicals, our timelines are below...

Kelly
Old Mar 18th 2008, 8:57 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sandy64
Hey everyone,

Just got word to go for medicals on 28th March. Any idea how long it will take to get our PR? Really excited now.

Wee Glasgow mum
Hi Sandy. We're in the same boat. Going for medicals on the 31st March. hopefully everything will go well for us both..Good Luck:0
Old Mar 19th 2008, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

grumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nice

Originally Posted by sandy64
Hey everyone,

Wee Glasgow mum
We had our medicals in Glasgow on 19th Feb, CHC asked for our passports for PR stamping on 14th March, and we expect to hear back within 30 working days. It's happening really fast now
Old Mar 19th 2008, 9:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by grumpyhaggis
We had our medicals in Glasgow on 19th Feb, CHC asked for our passports for PR stamping on 14th March, and we expect to hear back within 30 working days. It's happening really fast now
Fab news all off you let us know how you all get on, keeps the rest of us sane well almost
Old Mar 19th 2008, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

RGPickles will become famous soon enoughRGPickles will become famous soon enough

Hi Sandy

Meds on April 11th, Good luck with yours...

I am originally from a wee place called Tullibody near Stirling.
Why so many Scots leaving?

Robert/Bob/Jimbob
Old Mar 19th 2008, 10:24 pm
Elusive dreamer

gotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud of

It's all really weird how the letters differ when CHC request medicals. We were told to submit our passports 30 days after the date of our medical unless we heard otherwise. The letter told us not to expect further correspondence. So with hand delivery to CHC and pick-up two days later, that means visas approx. 45 days from the date of the medical.

Good luck with everything!
Old Mar 19th 2008, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

RGPickles will become famous soon enoughRGPickles will become famous soon enough

HI

Perhaps they take account of families, as we have 3 kids, so perhaps they
give us a bit longer?

With three kids, perhaps longer to save up

Bob
Old Mar 19th 2008, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

Tracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gotoronto
It's all really weird how the letters differ when CHC request medicals. We were told to submit our passports 30 days after the date of our medical unless we heard otherwise. The letter told us not to expect further correspondence. So with hand delivery to CHC and pick-up two days later, that means visas approx. 45 days from the date of the medical.

Good luck with everything!
Yes, we received the same letter as you. Unfortunately go so excited with making plans didn't read the letter correctly as the 30 days is 'working days' (6 weeks) so had to re-arrange our plans a wee bit!!!
Old Mar 19th 2008, 10:55 pm
Elusive dreamer

gotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Tracie107
Yes, we received the same letter as you. Unfortunately go so excited with making plans didn't read the letter correctly as the 30 days is 'working days' (6 weeks) so had to re-arrange our plans a wee bit!!!
I got a shock for a moment when I saw your post. But after checking the letter, I am sure it is 30 days.

It says under Appendix 2 "Submit your passport, photos and information 30 days after completing your medical examination." Then it refers you to section 3.

In section 3A. entitled "Packages submitted by courier or mail" (i.e. where you do not submit/collect in person) it says that "in the unlikely event that you have not heard from us and it has been at least 30 working days (6 weeks) since you submitted passports and other items, you may contact us by e-mail."

In section 3B. entitled "Packages submitted in person", it tells you that you "may collect your passport ten working days following the date you submitted your package."

Nowhere does it say to wait 30 working days before submission. We'd be in serious trouble if the situation was otherwise...
Old Mar 19th 2008, 10:59 pm
Elusive dreamer

Originally Posted by RGPickles
HI

Perhaps they take account of families, as we have 3 kids, so perhaps they
give us a bit longer?

With three kids, perhaps longer to save up

Bob
I take it you had no such instructions then... . Interesting! Maybe your theory is right.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

Tracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gotoronto
I got a shock for a moment when I saw your post. But after checking the letter, I am sure it is 30 days.

It says under Appendix 2 "Submit your passport, photos and information 30 days after completing your medical examination." Then it refers you to section 3.

In section 3A. entitled "Packages submitted by courier or mail" (i.e. where you do not submit/collect in person) it says that "in the unlikely event that you have not heard from us and it has been at least 30 working days (6 weeks) since you submitted passports and other items, you may contact us by e-mail."

In section 3B. entitled "Packages submitted in person", it tells you that you "may collect your passport ten working days following the date you submitted your package."

Nowhere does it say to wait 30 working days before submission. We'd be in serious trouble if the situation was otherwise...
Just went to the draw pulled out the paperwork and...............OMG - I am going to kill my bloody husband - the one thing I ask him to read and he read it bloody wrong We have re-arranged things that didn't bloody need re-arranging

I sincerely apologise for that.

GOOD LUCK!
Old Mar 20th 2008, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

Hi All

Now I am confused, as our med requests mentions ONLY 90 days.
It says to submit medicals, police certs and Right of Permanent Residence fee within 90 days from date on the med request form(11-3-08).

Is everyone aware that the Police cert process has changed? The thing is that the British Police are insisting that you use APCO, but Canadian Immigration do not accept it and may reject it.
If you are not aware, look at the top of the Canadian Immigration "Discussion" forum for the story and the correct process to use.
There is also a letter in there will will make the Police provide the old information.

Cheers

Bob
Old Mar 20th 2008, 7:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RGPickles
Hi All

Now I am confused, as our med requests mentions ONLY 90 days.
It says to submit medicals, police certs and Right of Permanent Residence fee within 90 days from date on the med request form(11-3-08).

Is everyone aware that the Police cert process has changed? The thing is that the British Police are insisting that you use APCO, but Canadian Immigration do not accept it and may reject it.
If you are not aware, look at the top of the Canadian Immigration "Discussion" forum for the story and the correct process to use.
There is also a letter in there will will make the Police provide the old information.

Cheers

Bob
I think the ones that were returned were for work permits ? may be wrong i haven't read them lately,

I have emailed the link several times trying to clear that up, others have emailed cic but no answer ?

The reply i had from ACPO was the police and the embassies have agreed for the new certificates to be used, that is for USA, Canada, New Zealand and Auatralia

If you require a police check for work purposes or for visa purposes for any other country, then it is still a Subject Access request.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

Hi CoffeePot

So I must have interpreted it wrong...

Is it true that I now use the ACPO for my Med update, as I am not applying for a work visa, but a permanent Resident visa the long way round.

Please confirm this, as we have both forms and are just about to send one of them off to get the information. Do you recommend standard or urgent ACPO services, any feedback from others on this about the standard service and length of time it takes?

Thanks

Bob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.