how long?

Old May 28th 2008, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

mikamika is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how long?

Hey there,

me and my wife a month ago put in our joint application for Sponsorship and permanent residence, my wife being the canadian citizen.

Now on the website it says 3-6 months for first stage approval is this AIP? but my main question is how long is the estimate time for the entire process? Our application was sent early april, so when would be a realistic time for the entire process to be complete, and for me to receive PR? on the assumption that everything runs smoothly.

Kind regards

Richard
Old May 28th 2008, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how long?

Originally Posted by mikamika
Hey there,

me and my wife a month ago put in our joint application for Sponsorship and permanent residence, my wife being the canadian citizen.

Now on the website it says 3-6 months for first stage approval is this AIP? but my main question is how long is the estimate time for the entire process? Our application was sent early april, so when would be a realistic time for the entire process to be complete, and for me to receive PR? on the assumption that everything runs smoothly.

Kind regards

Richard
Inland spousal application took 17 months (from when application was submitted) for me. It took them a couple of months to start processing. To receive AIP took 9 months (7 months from start of processing).
Old May 28th 2008, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond repute

I've just recalled replying to you previously, before you submitted your application, warning you against making the same mistake I did and choosing the inland route (which takes around 3x as long as applying via London.) What made you still decide to go for the inland route in the end?
Old May 28th 2008, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by AlexInBC
I've just recalled replying to you previously, before you submitted your application, warning you against making the same mistake I did and choosing the inland route (which takes around 3x as long as applying via London.) What made you still decide to go for the inland route in the end?

Simply because I am already settled and living in Canada, and for what and how i understood it, to apply via London, me and my wife and children would have to go back to England. So in the greater interest of the family, we thought it would be wise to stay where we were, and put an inland application in.
Old May 28th 2008, 5:16 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Simply because I am already settled and living in Canada, and for what and how i understood it, to apply via London, me and my wife and children would have to go back to England. So in the greater interest of the family, we thought it would be wise to stay where we were, and put an inland application in.
That is wrong. You can be living in Canada and still submit an outland spousal sponsorship application.
x
Old May 28th 2008, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
That is wrong. You can be living in Canada and still submit an outland spousal sponsorship application.
x
Is there anyway in which you can transfer it to london therefore making it outland, or would i have to cancel my application and resubmit it
Old May 28th 2008, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

But, looking at your old threads, numerous people told you that wasn't the case. Infact Judy spelt it out really clearly that the only time you'd be required to return to England was on the miniscule chance that you'd be called for an interview.

None of my business - I just can't believe anyone would choose inland if they knew there was a much quicker alternative. I spent a lot of time wishing I'd found this site sooner as that was a loooooooong 17 months wait for a decision!
Old May 28th 2008, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
x
Oooh...deja-vu
Old May 28th 2008, 5:24 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Is there anyway in which you can transfer it to london therefore making it outland, or would i have to cancel my application and resubmit it
You would have to cancel your inland application and submit an outland application.
x
Old May 28th 2008, 5:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

I don't know. I expect Andrew Miller would be able to answer your question if you reposted in the Immigration forum.

Edited to add: Ermmm - looks like the mods were one step ahead

Last edited by AlexInBC; May 28th 2008 at 5:28 pm. Reason: Already moved!
Old May 28th 2008, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

thank-you, i will try to rectify my stupidity. To be honest, over a short period of time, my brain absorbed so much information, and got myself rather in a muddle, and didn't no which was right or wrong. As i heard so many different things. I thank you once again, and now will try to find a solution to this

Kind regards
Richard
Old May 28th 2008, 5:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

thank-you, i will try to rectify my stupidity. To be honest, over a short period of time, my brain absorbed so much information, and got myself rather in a muddle, and didn't no which was right or wrong. As i heard so many different things. I thank you once again, and now will try to find a solution to this

Kind regards
Richard
It's certainly not stupidity! As you say, there's a lot to take in.

To be honest using the inland route wasn't that problematic for me as I didn't actually need to work in the meantime (I'm a stay at home mum at the moment, until littlest starts school) and the main issues were medical cover and my frayed nerves because of the ridiculously long wait for a decision...

On the plus side, it was nice to not have to cross the border to land as that would have been a very long drive!
Old May 28th 2008, 5:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Where do you see 3-6mths? I see 4-5 here for Vegreville spousal, and that they're looking at apps received up until 31st December 2007. It says "first stage", I'm not really sure what that is as I didn't do inland. Is that just approval to sponsor (and possibly AIP), and then comes the wait for PR itself?
Old May 28th 2008, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

It's certainly not stupidity! As you say, there's a lot to take in.

To be honest using the inland route wasn't that problematic for me as I didn't actually need to work in the meantime (I'm a stay at home mum at the moment, until littlest starts school) and the main issues were medical cover and my frayed nerves because of the ridiculously long wait for a decision...

On the plus side, it was nice to not have to cross the border to land as that would have been a very long drive!
Ha-ha, the funny is thing is Alex, I am actually in that position, I am not in a position where I need to work, as my wife has a good job, and I had a good savings account when I came here, I like yourself, am more...unable to settle until I have that decision, and now knowing how long it may take makes me more nervy lol

But as you applied the same way I did, are you able to go into how the process progresses, is first stage approval the same as AIP? And is that when I will be able to apply for an open work permit? How good is there communication, do they send you updates on how our application is going? Because I am aware that you cannot check online until your sponsor has been accepted. This being the case, do they notify you of your sponsor’s approval? and how long did it take for them to approve your sponsor once they had started, as right now they are processing's sponsor applications received up to april 23rd, and ours would have got to them by April 10th

Kind regards

Richard

Last edited by mikamika; May 28th 2008 at 5:53 pm.
Old May 28th 2008, 5:54 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

For the benefit of anyone else who may be living in the wilds near you and waiting for PR, if you've been living in Canada for a year, you can "land" in Edmonton. Ref Canada Place in Edmonton - our landing experience!
x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.