Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

How to Get Police Clearance from Taiwan - Please

How to Get Police Clearance from Taiwan - Please

Old Jul 17th 2002, 11:20 pm
Max

Default How to Get Police Clearance from Taiwan - Please

My husband grew up in Taiwan and moved to the US 30 years ago. He is now a US citizen
and hasn't been to Taiwan since emigrating. How do we get a Police Clearance for him?
Whom do we contact? What do they need from him to get the ball rolling?

If you have done this, how long did it take to get the documentation back? I'm
worried that it will take so long, that everything else we have will expire!!

Under the old Buffalo rules PC's were only needed for the last 10 years, now it seems
we have to have them going back to the day we turned 18. More delays

Can anyone help?

thanks!

Jan

Old Jul 19th 2002, 7:20 am
Yj Yap

Default Re: How to Get Police Clearance from Taiwan - Please

Hi,

Maybe you could contact the nearest Taiwan Embassy? The people at the embassy should
have an idea

http://www.embassyworld.com/embassy/taiwan.html

Hope this link will help ya.

[email protected] (max) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > My husband grew up in Taiwan and moved to the US 30 years ago. He is now a US
    > citizen and hasn't been to Taiwan since emigrating. How do we get a Police
    > Clearance for him? Whom do we contact? What do they need from him to get the ball
    > rolling?
    >
    > If you have done this, how long did it take to get the documentation back? I'm
    > worried that it will take so long, that everything else we have will expire!!
    >
    > Under the old Buffalo rules PC's were only needed for the last 10 years, now it
    > seems we have to have them going back to the day we turned 18. More delays
    >
    > Can anyone help?
    >
    > thanks!
    >
    > Jan

Old Jan 2nd 2003, 2:55 pm
phinay_61

Default Re: How to Get Police Clearance[ from Taiwan - Please

Maybe this can help :

Dear Sir,

The e-mail dated you sent asking about the required documentation of applying for the Police Record Certificate, here is our answer?F
I. One copy completed application form.
II. Certificates for inspection?F
1. Overseas Chinese?F A copy of the passport.
2. Foreign Nationals?F Original plus one copy of passport or ARC.
III. Processing fee?FNT$250 per application.
You may send the required documentation mentioned above either by mail to the Service Center, Taipei City Police Headquarters, the address is No.96, Yen-Ping S. Rd., Taipei City?iyou may mail the Processing fee?iincludes mail fee?j and Certificates to above address?j
, Taiwan, R.O.C., or even apply it through the Internet. The Internet address is?F
www.tmpd.gov.tw and the telephone number are(02) 23817475, 23817494, 23756702, 23818341.

Last edited by phinay_61; Jan 2nd 2003 at 3:05 pm.