Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

How do I know when our papers are received in Missassauga?

How do I know when our papers are received in Missassauga?

Old Feb 22nd 2011, 7:19 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute
Default How do I know when our papers are received in Missassauga?

Sure this is a damned silly question, if so, sorry! Of course I sent off our papers by Recorded Delivery, but.... how do I know when they are received in Missassauga? Will they e-mail us, or will they send a letter?

Yes! I'm getting the what if... jitters!

Many thanks
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

Paul_BC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How do I know when our papers are received in Missassauga?

We just went off the tracking of the courier company. I don't think they send any confirmation that they receive it, the next you will hear is when the sponsor has been approved
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 7:35 pm
BE user by choice

MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Paul, thank you so much for your reply. Next daft question.... how did you know when the sponsorship was approved? Do they e-mail, or just post? Sorry to sound so lame, this is like doing a mental version of Olympic hurdling!
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

DanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond repute

We got a letter in the post when sponsorship was approved.
You also get id numbers and stuff so you can check the progress online with the sponsorship letter.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

Paul_BC is an unknown quantity at this point

No problem, I know exactly what it's like! They send a letter to the sponsors address, from this you get your client ID number so you can use ECAS to see the progress on the permanent residence part (if and when they update it). Good luck!
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 8:13 pm
BE user by choice

Wow, thank you so much. All a bit exciting eh! ... but I wouldn't want to do it lots of times, once is, hopefully enough! Best of luck, and lots of patience!