Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

hi there, need advice RE: Conviction

hi there, need advice RE: Conviction

Old Dec 2nd 2017, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

spark28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hi there, need advice RE: Conviction

ive had my working holiday visa approved in September and due to go to Canada next year. However recently I was accused of assault/breach of the peace, I don't actually know which it was as I was never formerly charged but told a report was getting sent to the prosecutor fiscal. Its lies and im fairly confident if it goes to court nothing will come of it. However, I have a shotgun license and when the police came to remove the gun from my house it wasn't in its cabinet so this has got me into trouble.

im 29 and never been convicted of anything, is there point in even trying to enter the country. If anything comes of it will I have to declare it to the immigration officer on arrival? as it wont be on my original police certificate.

thanks for any help, and I know what a total **** up it was
Old Dec 2nd 2017, 3:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hi there, need advice RE: Conviction

Have charges been laid yet? Has a court date for any offence been scheduled?

If the answer is No then at the moment you would be ok HOWEVER there is this provision of the Immigration Act
(c) committing an act outside Canada that is an offence in the place where it was committed and that, if committed in Canada, would constitute an indictable offence under an Act of Parliament; or

I suggest you read Chapter 3.5 of this link found on page 10

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...574.1484090240

Any arrest, charges or convictions need to be declared either on any application or if asked by an officer.

Wait and see what happens over the next couple of months.